What do you have on your walls?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No dead birds here, either. I have hung much of what 50 + years of living has enabled me to collect. I'm fortunate to have an original of the fat cat (see avatar) as well as a number of other original oils, watercolors, acrylics, a few prints and photographs. No tapestry here yet.
I too know that anything on the inn side cold possibly walk away, but I think art is to be enjoyed, not hidden away. Trinkets and breakables are another thing. My side is overloaded with that sort of thing..
Innkeep said:
I too know that anything on the inn side cold possibly walk away...
Can't imagine somebody stealing art off the wall. That would be a bit blatant, and I'd expect them to show no surprise when a hefty charge is made to their CC.
Arks said:
Innkeep said:
Can't imagine somebody stealing art off the wall. That would be a bit blatant, and I'd expect them to show no surprise when a hefty charge is made to their CC.
I did have my eye on TR

No dead birds here, either. I have hung much of what 50 + years of living has enabled me to collect. I'm fortunate to have an original of the fat cat (see avatar) as well as a number of other original oils, watercolors, acrylics, a few prints and photographs. No tapestry here yet.
I too know that anything on the inn side cold possibly walk away, but I think art is to be enjoyed, not hidden away. Trinkets and breakables are another thing. My side is overloaded with that sort of thing..
Innkeep said:
Arks said:
Innkeep said:
I did have my eye on TR
Innkeep said:
I did have my eye on TR
So do all the other girls. Quite a catch, he was. The George Clooney of his day.
But he's bolted to the wall. Bring your heavy equipment if you want him! (Or a large credit limit on the CC.)

Thank you all for responding, it has been really useful!
And yes, in Europe in many B&Bs and smaller properties I have noticed mostly paintings, and not photos or prints of famous stuff, most of them originals, not just soulless replicas.

Thank you all for responding, it has been really useful!
And yes, in Europe in many B&Bs and smaller properties I have noticed mostly paintings, and not photos or prints of famous stuff, most of them originals, not just soulless replicas..
I just noticed - in my foyer I have an old map of West Virginia amd Virginia one of the twins sent me and my inspection certificate from the Association. I have my PAII sward in the case that used to be filled with dolls. Most of them are put away - no room to hang them and no one gives a rat's about them anyway. The paintings are better.

I have canvas prints of photos I've taken of local scenery. Good conversation starter, they're not expensive to get done and you can get a photo printed up to the right size you need and colour palette that matches or compliments the room.

Back