What sets you apart?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
What sets you apart? -> http://ow.ly/15XQz Emphasizes the importance of standing out in an age of sameness
Excerpt
"Ask somebody. Ask the person in the desk sitting next to you. Ask your husband (or wife) or significant other or friend or parent.
So what was their answer? Was it close? Did they nail it the first time? Or were they just way, way off?..."

I think its also important so know why others think you are different - this is often very different to what you think

I think its also important so know why others think you are different - this is often very different to what you think.
I think its also important so know why others think you are different - this is often very different to what you think
As I am thinking about this...
For those of you I know online, innmates here, what do I immediately think of that sets you (ie your business) apart from the rest? If I were to go down the list of each inn, what would come to mind immediately (what would be the wow factor for each one of these inns)? Then for those innmates where I have been, personally stayed, what comes to mind.
I realized that one innmate here has a balcony that runs the full length of the guest rooms and has room entrances/exits from the balcony. I did not realize this. I thought the balcony was there, but you had to go to it to be on it, like up some stairs and our a door, or what have you, like our porch here. No rooms are located off/on the porch.
For that, I saw that was a feature/amenity I would majorly utilize in marketing for that B&B. I mentioned it to her and him both.
I have seen this in photos and have known this inn for many years...but in person that JUMPED OUT AT ME. In fact, so much so that I would even consider charging an additional $10 fee to deliver breakfast to THAT BALCONY for a couple who wanted a private romantic breakfast. If I stayed there, I would request that, and be happy to pay it to have breakfast outside, on that balcony!
thumbs_up.gif

You know who you are, if you are reading this. :)

I can see that it will take a while for your recent "adventure " to leave your mind,..even if it has, thankfully, left your stomach!
shades_smile.gif
Just reading the small print.

Back