What's in a name?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If its all connected I think it would be weird to have a different name for the lodging. It does ok with large hotels to have a different name for a restaurant but Im not sure on small places. If your going to be serving your overnight guests in the restaurant for breakfast than I would want it all to kinda flow together. Thats just my opinion. Maybe you could start from scratch and rename all of it. Kinda a New Launch so to speak!

If its all connected I think it would be weird to have a different name for the lodging. It does ok with large hotels to have a different name for a restaurant but Im not sure on small places. If your going to be serving your overnight guests in the restaurant for breakfast than I would want it all to kinda flow together. Thats just my opinion. Maybe you could start from scratch and rename all of it. Kinda a New Launch so to speak!.
It depends ie if we ever buy next door it will be Oak Wood lodge - and if we did a restaurant it will be the Acorn ie from the oak the acorn came.
However would strongly emphasize easy to say and spell - we have a Very nice coffee shop but it has a scandinavian name and no one can say or spell it. He has just started a restaurant in the evenings and that's called Nord - much easier.

If its all connected I think it would be weird to have a different name for the lodging. It does ok with large hotels to have a different name for a restaurant but Im not sure on small places. If your going to be serving your overnight guests in the restaurant for breakfast than I would want it all to kinda flow together. Thats just my opinion. Maybe you could start from scratch and rename all of it. Kinda a New Launch so to speak!.
It depends ie if we ever buy next door it will be Oak Wood lodge - and if we did a restaurant it will be the Acorn ie from the oak the acorn came.
However would strongly emphasize easy to say and spell - we have a Very nice coffee shop but it has a scandinavian name and no one can say or spell it. He has just started a restaurant in the evenings and that's called Nord - much easier.
Joey Camb said:
However would strongly emphasize easy to say and spell...
Exceptions would be a couple of places that became famous in large part BECAUSE they had funny names: Orville Redenbacher popcorn and Fudpucker's restaurant chain.

Joey Camb said:
Exceptions would be a couple of places that became famous in large part BECAUSE they had funny names: Orville Redenbacher popcorn and Fudpucker's restaurant chain.
Arks said:
Joey Camb said:
you mean fuddruckers! ha maybe they compete.

Joey Camb said:
Arks said:
Joey Camb said:
you mean fuddruckers! ha maybe they compete.
I'm so glad that you didn't go with fudge...

Yeah, Fuddruckers. Tried to google it and the other one came up first for some reason!!

Yeah, Fuddruckers. Tried to google it and the other one came up first for some reason!!.
Arks said:
Yeah, Fuddruckers. Tried to google it and the other one came up first for some reason!!
I thought I was losing my mind, I thought huh Did they change the name? There is one on Hilton Head Island SC and plenty on the west coast.

THANK YOU for all of your ideas and suggestions. We haven't come to a conclusion on the name yet but will use these comments to vet it. And I also posted a few questions on a forum for the target area to give me a few more ideas that I might not have been able to think of since I am not there yet.
If possible, I would like to throw out a few ideas next week, (when the contract ink has dried).

Back