When to charge for a long-term stay

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For what it's worth, a little update. It's a couple in their 80's who take a winter vacation each year and this year they found our town and my place on the Internet, and here they are! They have no connection at all to this place. Never even been in the state before, but they are enjoying being out of the Chicago winter.
I've been by to chat with them a couple of times. They're doing their own cleaning and laundry and just settled in like it's home. Today they asked for some more soap "pods" for the clothes washer and the dishwasher, but otherwise haven't asked for a thing.
Being old folks, they did have a TV problem after a few days that I finally figured out. They had pushed the button on the remote that switches input from cable to antenna. There is no antenna so they were getting a blank screen.
One day their whole mission for the day was to find Walmart. Another day their goal was to find the Catholic church. I gave them directions but it ended up taking 3 days to find it (it's 5 blocks from the guesthouse). So, we're watching out for them but otherwise letting them do their own thing, and it seems to be going great!
Thank you again, Internet!.
Snow birds!
I told a couple who lived up there about your place. They were in Central Illinois. Not 80's, 70's.

Back