Which perk would you prefer?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
B
But maybe not. See I may love a room for its location, it may be a lesser priced room. So I say DISCOUNT. Return guest VIP discount, yes..
Joey Bloggs said:
B
But maybe not. See I may love a room for its location, it may be a lesser priced room. So I say DISCOUNT. Return guest VIP discount, yes.
I agree. Leave me in the room I booked. We had a repeat discount program years ago when we first opened. As we progressed with our business and started turning people away we stopped mentioning it. Things are still really busy but like everyone we do have our slow times. We thought about offering up for select times of the year. We had an idea of offering it if you stay within a year of your last stay. You keep your VIP status so to speak. After a year it expires and you will have to start over. This was just an idea I had. Anyone do anything like this? Do you feel it works or is worth the energy?
We used to do a 'stay 10 get the 11th night free'. Stopped that when I realized the first full year we did that it was around $4000 out of pocket to people who would have come anyway. Not something we can afford. It wasn't building a new guest base but rewarding the long time guest base so I guess it was worth it to say thanks.
When we have guests who haven't been here in a few years but who used to get the discount, I have lowered the discount and they still got something off.

Since you've already given the token mug, trinket gifts to your long time repeats, I think doing something simple like a nice simple flower arrangement from the grocery store (nothing expensive) or a baked or sweet item from the store's bakery with a personalized card goes a long way.
If I'm a long time repeat guest, I'm there because I love what and who you are. I would be there if you offered nothing free. People do like to be made special, so something personalized I think is great.

I would prefer a discount on the room rate. This falls in line with most lodging loyalty programs.
Let me pick my wine, restaurant, etc. Plus, I really don't need some other item to clutter up my house. ;-)

Discount for me as well. I give my guests the cost of the tax for their stay. They love it

Back