Who gets the tip?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Second thought... tell them that they have to fight to the death for it and see what happens.

Splitting it. King Solomon would be proud..
Arks said:
Splitting it. King Solomon would be proud.
I was just thinking that after reading my morning devotions.
Here is a crazy and far out idea, if you have a tip envelope put their name on it. One thing that happens is a) they will get more tips, b) guests realize it is a real person and be cognisant someone did clean, freshen or makeup their room, and c) solve the problem.
Before tip envelopes it was rare for housekeepers here to receive a tip. After, if they saw the housekeeper, then even more tips. If cheap, this would prompt them to say "we don't need our room serviced today" and as my daughter's friend in the 9th grade said as she was helping strip rooms one day after spending the night "Sheesh do you think it would kill them to leave a couple bucks?!"
Five minutes here helping and she 'got it'
thumbs_up.gif

My belief is that every high school child should be a maid or waitress…. The world would be full of wonderful tippers, etc.

Our two housekeepers split theirs down the line. And they're very, very honest about it. Pretty good, consider the PO's used to sometimes go in before the housekeepers and pocket the tips.

Our two housekeepers split theirs down the line. And they're very, very honest about it. Pretty good, consider the PO's used to sometimes go in before the housekeepers and pocket the tips..
PhineasSwann said:
. Pretty good, consider the PO's used to sometimes go in before the housekeepers and pocket the tips.
There's an especially toasty corner of hell for those people.

Our two housekeepers split theirs down the line. And they're very, very honest about it. Pretty good, consider the PO's used to sometimes go in before the housekeepers and pocket the tips..
PhineasSwann said:
. Pretty good, consider the PO's used to sometimes go in before the housekeepers and pocket the tips.
There's an especially toasty corner of hell for those people.
crowded there, too

Back