Who visits your website and when?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A simpler and more comprehensive way to do this is to click: Audience, Mobile, Overview and you get info quantified by Desktop, Tablet, Mobile. (to see more exact breakdown click Devices)
My stats for the past six months are: Desktop 62.5%; Tablet 19.1%; Mobile 18.4%, which is a scary re optimization since there is now 37.5% Non-Desktop Action! Yikes!.
Your site theme is totally responsive...you don't have to worry about it. Unless you changed it.
I'm not worried about it being responsive, more what it looks like when it reformats to tablet or mobile formats. Thus, yesterday I got rid of all the Striking Sidebar Widgets and went to Full Page style on everything but the Home Page. Much cleaner look now on tab and smaller viewports. Methinks...
Momma Smurf said:
I'm not worried about it being responsive, more what it looks like when it reformats to tablet or mobile formats. Thus, yesterday I got rid of all the Striking Sidebar Widgets and went to Full Page style on everything but the Home Page. Much cleaner look now on tab and smaller viewports. Methinks...
Your site looks great, has been a while since I stopped in to check it out. Beuatiful new photos, really inviting!
I use full page style on everything but social media page for that reason you mention. In fat need to do that wth the blog itself.
I did something in ealy December and will mention it here, and I hope it helps. I went to our state tourism conference (not B&B related) and from some reliable sources i gleaned:
Big thumbs-design your sites for big thumbs (like my husband vs my daughter) imagine his thick man-hands using a small cell phone to book a room.
Scrolling-design it (or redesign it) for scrolling. That is how they roll today. There is no longer a standard page length, people scroll, fast, and yes using those big thumbs mentioned above.
So the take away is: scrollable with BIG BUTTONS for quick action to check avaiability, make reservations, see rooms.
Go to our website and you will see what i put on the bottom of most key pages (other than the homepage).
Thanks JB for the visit and compliments! Yes, have done much tweaking since I first did the "new" website about a year ago.
I do see the BIG buttons on your site, which is a valid point and kinda funny since just yesterday I trimmed the size of my Check Availability button because to my design eye it seemed off scale. Will have fat fingers Poppa test it.
Anyway, is there something going on with the responsiveness of your site? When I looked at it on my mobile or tablet, say, the Rooms page, all of your room photos are extremely squished width-wise. Actually, it seems all your photos everywhere are not responding as they should, is it something in your formatting? The text parts are fine.
Since I do all my editing on a desktop, I will often tweak and not remember to retest on mobile or tablets. An easy way is to demo on desktop is to progressively narrow the width of your screen by dragging the side inward until you reach responsive mode. I am seeing the distortion this way also. Again, it's only the pix not the text.
I got a notice that an update was run by my theme and I noticed the photos were that way. Should not be. Thanks I will try to work it out.
Hmmm I updated numerous sites with the Colorway theme. It didn't affect their images on the pages. But it did change the sizing on the slider on the home page. I had to redo them and make them larger. Theme is now responsive so something changed...better contact their support desk. Wish I knew what else to tell you.
confused_smile.gif

EmptyNest said:
Hmmm I updated numerous sites with the Colorway theme. It didn't affect their images on the pages. But it did change the sizing on the slider on the home page. I had to redo them and make them larger. Theme is now responsive so something changed...better contact their support desk. Wish I knew what else to tell you.
confused_smile.gif
maybe i need to update wordpress, looking at it now.
Looking at it on mobile phone is bad. It did an update recently that i think messed it up, as it was working fine with the photos when i made it responsive.
here: https://responsivedesign.is/strategy/media/making-youre-existing-website-images-responsive

A simpler and more comprehensive way to do this is to click: Audience, Mobile, Overview and you get info quantified by Desktop, Tablet, Mobile. (to see more exact breakdown click Devices)
My stats for the past six months are: Desktop 62.5%; Tablet 19.1%; Mobile 18.4%, which is a scary re optimization since there is now 37.5% Non-Desktop Action! Yikes!.
Your site theme is totally responsive...you don't have to worry about it. Unless you changed it.
Momma Smurf said:
Your site looks great, has been a while since I stopped in to check it out. Beuatiful new photos, really inviting!
I use full page style on everything but social media page for that reason you mention. In fat need to do that wth the blog itself.
I did something in ealy December and will mention it here, and I hope it helps. I went to our state tourism conference (not B&B related) and from some reliable sources i gleaned:
Big thumbs-design your sites for big thumbs (like my husband vs my daughter) imagine his thick man-hands using a small cell phone to book a room.
Scrolling-design it (or redesign it) for scrolling. That is how they roll today. There is no longer a standard page length, people scroll, fast, and yes using those big thumbs mentioned above.
So the take away is: scrollable with BIG BUTTONS for quick action to check avaiability, make reservations, see rooms.
Go to our website and you will see what i put on the bottom of most key pages (other than the homepage).
Thanks JB for the visit and compliments! Yes, have done much tweaking since I first did the "new" website about a year ago.
I do see the BIG buttons on your site, which is a valid point and kinda funny since just yesterday I trimmed the size of my Check Availability button because to my design eye it seemed off scale. Will have fat fingers Poppa test it.
Anyway, is there something going on with the responsiveness of your site? When I looked at it on my mobile or tablet, say, the Rooms page, all of your room photos are extremely squished width-wise. Actually, it seems all your photos everywhere are not responding as they should, is it something in your formatting? The text parts are fine.
Since I do all my editing on a desktop, I will often tweak and not remember to retest on mobile or tablets. An easy way is to demo on desktop is to progressively narrow the width of your screen by dragging the side inward until you reach responsive mode. I am seeing the distortion this way also. Again, it's only the pix not the text.
I got a notice that an update was run by my theme and I noticed the photos were that way. Should not be. Thanks I will try to work it out.
confused_smile.gif

EmptyNest said:
confused_smile.gif
maybe i need to update wordpress, looking at it now.
Looking at it on mobile phone is bad. It did an update recently that i think messed it up, as it was working fine with the photos when i made it responsive.
here: https://responsivedesign.is/strategy/media/making-youre-existing-website-images-responsive
Looking OK here in Tablet mode and reduces on Mobile too.

Google analytic is indeed a great tool that helps track your personal website details thoroughly. I just love the tracking system of this tool. It's also helpful to use this tool to defend unexpected threats from spam bots.

Google analytic is indeed a great tool that helps track your personal website details thoroughly. I just love the tracking system of this tool. It's also helpful to use this tool to defend unexpected threats from spam bots.

I just like Google Analytics a lot because of it excellent tracking system. You can track a website fully and keep up to date with everything by monitoring traffic movement.

Back