Why is TA pestering me to list my B&B on their vacation rentals site ?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Guests this morning said they could not find any b&b's in the very popular tourist town 3 hours from here. I thought they meant they couldn't find one with any vacancy. No, they couldn't find them at all.
I asked how they did their research. Vrbo. That's how they searched. (Which makes wonder how they found us.)
I explained b&b's don't usually list on those sites because around here those are all whole house rentals, not inns.
They also didn't realize they were only an hour away from each place they were staying. Then they said they might just look up the inns and cancel the last couple of days at the motel. I told them about cancellations and how they should check on that before double booking themselves.
It's interesting to understand how guests do their research and what they're thinking. One thing being they had zero compunction about canceling without notice a room they've had booked for a month. They were going to check in and then just leave early and they expected their money back..
Morticia said:
One thing being they had zero compunction about canceling without notice a room they've had booked for a month.
I know someone who had a guest dispute a cancellation charge because they were caring for a terminally ill family member. When they looked the guest up on FB she'd posted photos of her out drinking with friends the night she was supposed to stay at theirs.

Guests this morning said they could not find any b&b's in the very popular tourist town 3 hours from here. I thought they meant they couldn't find one with any vacancy. No, they couldn't find them at all.
I asked how they did their research. Vrbo. That's how they searched. (Which makes wonder how they found us.)
I explained b&b's don't usually list on those sites because around here those are all whole house rentals, not inns.
They also didn't realize they were only an hour away from each place they were staying. Then they said they might just look up the inns and cancel the last couple of days at the motel. I told them about cancellations and how they should check on that before double booking themselves.
It's interesting to understand how guests do their research and what they're thinking. One thing being they had zero compunction about canceling without notice a room they've had booked for a month. They were going to check in and then just leave early and they expected their money back..
Morticia said:
One thing being they had zero compunction about canceling without notice a room they've had booked for a month.
I know someone who had a guest dispute a cancellation charge because they were caring for a terminally ill family member. When they looked the guest up on FB she'd posted photos of her out drinking with friends the night she was supposed to stay at theirs.
Highlands John said:
Morticia said:
FB can get someone in lots of trouble if they are not on the up and up.
Local politician found himself in prison after taking cash in lieu of vacation time. Yet his wife's FB page was filled of pictures of them living it up in the Greek Isles for the same period.

Back