Will a Queen Bed do fine, or without a King Bed am I losing money?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you!
Kings it is!.
thumbs_up.gif

I have one in Tennessee, has a King, a Queen and 2 Twins.
and another in the Garden District,
but it's small and we want to expand.
King beds are in this one.
Which got me to thinking, Would a Queen work fine?
I think it will, but I do not have to make a decision for 4 months,
so, I am just testing the waters.
This new one will be our vacation home (winter 3 months)
and B+B when we are not there..
Hmmm, this thread has made me reconsider our new vacation rental apt. We do have room in the bedroom for a King, BUT is is up a narrow flight of stairs with a 90 degree right turn at top, then another sharp right turn to get into the bedroom. While a mattress could likely be contorted to fit, what would you recommend for a base. Even for a queen, we were likely going for a platform bed of some kind.
you buy the split boxspring. comes in two pieces. just be SURE to buy two!
i live in a very old house with similar stairs. nothing bigger than a twin box spring will work around the railings and turns.
Skamokawa said:
Hmmm, this thread has made me reconsider our new vacation rental apt. We do have room in the bedroom for a King, BUT is is up a narrow flight of stairs with a 90 degree right turn at top, then another sharp right turn to get into the bedroom. While a mattress could likely be contorted to fit, what would you recommend for a base. Even for a queen, we were likely going for a platform bed of some kind.

Had four queen rooms on 1st floor. Got a new king mattress for myself that was too firm for me, so had extra king frame and changed one of the queens to a king. Added $20 per night over exact room with a queen. It books before all of the other ones. I'd say go for king if it fits, you can charge more and many prefer a king bed when going away..
That the definitive proof I need for my Hubby! THANKS!
Plus, I was thinking, what do I want to sleep on for Three months...
A KING!
Little_Easy_Cabins said:
A KING!
For your hubby, you aren't Boris? You just play him on tv?

I have one in Tennessee, has a King, a Queen and 2 Twins.
and another in the Garden District,
but it's small and we want to expand.
King beds are in this one.
Which got me to thinking, Would a Queen work fine?
I think it will, but I do not have to make a decision for 4 months,
so, I am just testing the waters.
This new one will be our vacation home (winter 3 months)
and B+B when we are not there..
Skamokawa said:
...it is up a narrow flight of stairs with a 90 degree right turn at top, then another sharp right turn to get into the bedroom. While a mattress could likely be contorted to fit, what would you recommend for a base.
With many king size beds, the king size mattress sits on two twin bed bases, so it's easy to move. A king size is the same as 2 twins pushed together. So you have twin box springs as in the photo below, and put a single king mattress on them.
advert-45727878-0-400x400.jpg

Ah-hah. Looks do-able. Now need to measure again, for bed plus nightstands. Thanks all!

Had four queen rooms on 1st floor. Got a new king mattress for myself that was too firm for me, so had extra king frame and changed one of the queens to a king. Added $20 per night over exact room with a queen. It books before all of the other ones. I'd say go for king if it fits, you can charge more and many prefer a king bed when going away..
A KING!
We had a king and the box springs were separate so you should not have any worries. I think they come that way pretty standard. If not, ask.

A KING!
We had a king and the box springs were separate so you should not have any worries. I think they come that way pretty standard. If not, ask.
King boxsprings should be available as two pieces

Perhaps for next year I will not worry about the bed eating up the room. Nor about nightstands. It may just be time come 2015 to change out the bed. This time with headboard only, not so high as to need a ladder to get in it, and king. My big problem will be getting the queen out - DH has that bed fixed so it will NEVER collapse.

A KING!
Little_Easy_Cabins said:
A KING!
Hello???!!! Is there some reason Boris can't have a husband?

A KING!
Little_Easy_Cabins said:
A KING!
happykeeper said:
Calm down Haps, reign in those extra exclamation marks, the posts all say Boris on them.
whatchutalkingabout_smile.gif

Like yours say HappyKeeper. I thought we were replying to Boris, since the posts all have that name on them.

A KING!
Little_Easy_Cabins said:
A KING!
happykeeper said:
Calm down Haps, reign in those extra exclamation marks, the posts all say Boris on them.

Like yours say HappyKeeper. I thought we were replying to Boris, since the posts all have that name on them.
I'm an auxiliary member of the faux pas police.
devil_smile.gif
I was just sayin' that there is no reason Boris can't have a husband. I have one.

A KING!
Little_Easy_Cabins said:
A KING!
happykeeper said:

devil_smile.gif
I was just sayin' that there is no reason Boris can't have a husband. I have one.
happykeeper said:
devil_smile.gif
Yes I know, I was only commenting on it not being Boris. But then who am I to talk I am Joey Bloggs and I play one on TV, er online. :)

A KING!
Little_Easy_Cabins said:
A KING!
happykeeper said:

devil_smile.gif
happykeeper said:
devil_smile.gif
Yes I know, I was only commenting on it not being Boris. But then who am I to talk I am Joey Bloggs and I play one on TV, er online. :)
I've turned in my badge. I'll miss it.
sad_smile.gif
It had a picture of Barney Fife on it and came in a cracker jack box.

Back