Window snoopers

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We don't have a sign or anything that would indicate to non-guests that we are a B&B. However we constantly have people pull into the driveway, get out of their cars, and walk around the back of the house. When we go out to ask if we can help them, they always say, "No. We just stopped to see the view." My DH wants to ask them where they live, write down their address, and just show up at their house someday and do the same to them..
That's just rude. You don't waltz yourself thru someone's yard to see the view.
He should ask for addresses! Give them a jolt! Maybe buy them a clue!
Happens to us all the time in July and August...that and folks driving down our long winding obviously private drive, ending up practically running into our house. Royally pi**es me off! Once we had a lovely French couple have a picnic in our side yard, and it's not unusual to have strangers trying to get a peek at our gardens claiming they thought it was part of the National Park. Walked right past our prominent sign, the guest front door with all our member stickers and missed them? I don't think so!
It's when they stop at the end of the driveway (the one that says in big bold letters...NO STOPPING, NO STANDING, NO PARKING ANY TIME),blocking it, get out of the car and go to take a look at the Captain's house across the street that DH dreads. It means I'm going to get "firm". I march out and ask them to move. "Oh, we'll just be here a little while. " they say. And they do get annoyed when I insist that they move right now...but they usually move. If they don't I just say "Well you don't mind if I sit in your car for just a little while? Do you? That usually does the trick.
wink_smile.gif

Y'all should be pleased that people think your property is so lovely that they mistake it for a park or a picnic area.
We have people stop and look at our pond all the time. It's a compliment and great local marketing.
I see the locals as a market as well as the tourists. Everyone has weddings and funerals and everyone will eventually need a place for their family to stay.
Now, noses on the windows.....that's another thing entirely. :)
TheBeachHouse said:
Y'all should be pleased that people think your property is so lovely that they mistake it for a park or a picnic area.
We have people stop and look at our pond all the time. It's a compliment and great local marketing.
I see the locals as a market as well as the tourists. Everyone has weddings and funerals and everyone will eventually need a place for their family to stay.
Now, noses on the windows.....that's another thing entirely. :)
The problem with this is IF someone falls, gets hurt they sue - and they are not even guests! Our liability insurance covers guests but I would have to check with my agent about non-guests. THAT aspect would have me boiling about people just meandering onto my property. People seem to have the opinion that if you are in business, you have deep pockets.

Back