Would you pay for a turn down service?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is a low end B and B. I have a laminated and in big letters a welcome note on each bed with two wrapped candies. The note is covered in a nice way but does get to the point. If they need anything, just ask us. Also has the fire escape route, environmentally home (towel stuff), since we do not wish to intrude on your privacy, your bed will not be made unless you ask us. Due to health regulations, guests are not permitted in the kitchen. Short and sweet. We want everyone to enjoy their stay with us. Please be considerate of other guests. Hopefully they will pick it up and read it before going to bed. The candy is a bribe. Seems to work here. I don't like long lists of rules that they will never read anyway.

Honestly, I would consider giving tip for a turn down service. I admire them for what they do. As business vacationers, you have to be fresh. You need your sleep. And at select fine resorts, there is an answer to keeping on schedule: a sleep concierge. This is why I would prefer giving a tip. They make sure and they help us get a good sleep every night just for us to be fir and ready for work or activities the next day.

Back