WTF!!!? A term I do not use lightly!

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
a guest ate from the serving bowl?!
I had a guest at check in PICK UP one of the check-in goodies (large Key lime cookies and they are really good btw) from the dining table and look at it and put it back on the plate.
Must be the heat! I was like, what the! Are you kidding me? I said "There is a napkin go ahead and take it" and she said, "Maybe later..."
omg_smile.gif
Guests do that with the ice. Just stick their hands into it even tho there is a big scoop right next to the ice bin.
If I can stop them in time I do. If not I ask them to hand me the ice and I dump it out. Then explain the ice is for everyone to use.
Madeleine said:
Guests do that with the ice. Just stick their hands into it even tho there is a big scoop right next to the ice bin.
I used to get 3 tips a day from this forum, but as I've fixed more and more of my shortcomings that has slowed to just a few good tips a month for me. This is one. Ice scoops.
Thanks for reminding me of what should have been obvious to me. My vacation rentals have full size refrigerators with ice makers, and people have always just reached in with their hands. Now I have ice scoops. Will they use them? Some will, and that's better than it was!
These ice cube bags are something that I really like. Since they are closed at the top they don't get freezer burn or dry out in the freezer either. And you only pop out the cubes you need the rest stay there.
Jon Sable said:
These ice cube bags are something that I really like.
Yes, that's all they have in Sweden. Can't even buy huge bags of crushed ice there. They almost never put ice in drinks, so if they're having cocktail parties they'll buy one of those packets at the grocery store, with about 10 ice "balls" in it, and that's all they need. So theirs are already frozen and they pick them up in the frozen food section. It's like big bubble wrap with water/ice instead of air in the pouches.
Seems they never thought of filling an ice tray and making their own the way we used to before automatic ice makers. Indeed, I predate the plastic trays and grew up using metal ones. (you pulled the lever to eject the cubes)
41N4Nlr6BBL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

And made sure your hands were dry first! Ouchie!
Madeleine said:
You're saying you don't yearn to stick your tongue to a frozen flagpole?
Arks said:
Madeleine said:
You're saying you don't yearn to stick your tongue to a frozen flagpole?
Never! Not after getting a hand stuck in the old metal freezer compartment where we stored those metal ice cube trays.

a guest ate from the serving bowl?!
I had a guest at check in PICK UP one of the check-in goodies (large Key lime cookies and they are really good btw) from the dining table and look at it and put it back on the plate.
Must be the heat! I was like, what the! Are you kidding me? I said "There is a napkin go ahead and take it" and she said, "Maybe later..."
omg_smile.gif
If I can stop them in time I do. If not I ask them to hand me the ice and I dump it out. Then explain the ice is for everyone to use.
Madeleine said:
I used to get 3 tips a day from this forum, but as I've fixed more and more of my shortcomings that has slowed to just a few good tips a month for me. This is one. Ice scoops.
Thanks for reminding me of what should have been obvious to me. My vacation rentals have full size refrigerators with ice makers, and people have always just reached in with their hands. Now I have ice scoops. Will they use them? Some will, and that's better than it was!
These ice cube bags are something that I really like. Since they are closed at the top they don't get freezer burn or dry out in the freezer either. And you only pop out the cubes you need the rest stay there.
Jon Sable said:
Yes, that's all they have in Sweden. Can't even buy huge bags of crushed ice there. They almost never put ice in drinks, so if they're having cocktail parties they'll buy one of those packets at the grocery store, with about 10 ice "balls" in it, and that's all they need. So theirs are already frozen and they pick them up in the frozen food section. It's like big bubble wrap with water/ice instead of air in the pouches.
Seems they never thought of filling an ice tray and making their own the way we used to before automatic ice makers. Indeed, I predate the plastic trays and grew up using metal ones. (you pulled the lever to eject the cubes)

Arks said:
Jon Sable said:
I can hear the crunching sound of those cubes just looking at that photo!

By keeping these different tips in mind, you should be well on your way to have a top quality hurricane protection windows. Nevertheless, all the protection should start by getting some quality storm shutters.
Hurricane windows
Impact windows

Back