Yahoo Travel's "Bob & Emily" Con Continues

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GoodScout

Reaction score
Yahoo Travel continues to annoy the crap out of me.
They've got some freelancer who keeps writing anonymous articles as if she's a B&B owner, basically insulting guests and convincing readers that B&B owners are jerks and they should never go there.
It's a great con (The writer must get paid by the word, and Yahoo helps generate business for its chain hotel advertisers), and whenever a new post comes out, I'm obsessed about flooding the comments section with objections. I can tell from the context that the writer really doesn't own a B&B, but it elicits the response Yahoo wants in the comments section "This is insulting! I'll never stay at a B&B again, etc).
https://www.yahoo.com/travel/confessions-of-a-b-b-owner-why-we-hate-spring-113757079072.html

We should probably ignore them. Or post that we feel sorry these innkeepers have let their business get so out of hand. Or just ignore them.

There's no end to the dirty tricks people can come up with. I'll bet this was invented to combat Better Way 2 Stay, and I sort of grudgingly admire their devious creativeness. (No, I did NOT just say that!)

In reading the comments it sounds like most don't believe what the writer has to say about B&Bs. Thank goodness most people have enough intelligence to see through this piece of fiction.

Most definitely contrived fiction which also invalidates their previous posts posing as real innkeepers.

We should probably ignore them. Or post that we feel sorry these innkeepers have let their business get so out of hand. Or just ignore them..
Morticia said:
We should probably ignore them. Or post that we feel sorry these innkeepers have let their business get so out of hand. Or just ignore them.
I like this idea. Lay the pity on thick.

Interesting that this time I didn't feel the info was gleaned and contrived from a B&B forum. I was just wondering if they had been around after reading about "gun toting and guest stalking" on another thread. Yes I said both of those terms. If you see that in one of their stories you will prob know where ti came from, I am hoping that trap will catch them in the act!
BTW I have never thought they were real innkeepers, just posers who come here for their research and to twist it up and spew it out.

We should probably ignore them. Or post that we feel sorry these innkeepers have let their business get so out of hand. Or just ignore them..
Morticia said:
I respectfully disagree. I don't like to be tarred by the same brush.

Morticia said:
I respectfully disagree. I don't like to be tarred by the same brush.
I would be in the question the authenticity crowd. Challenge them directly. Otherwise, you perpetuate the ongoing myth. I think that means I agree with you PS.

Interesting that this time I didn't feel the info was gleaned and contrived from a B&B forum. I was just wondering if they had been around after reading about "gun toting and guest stalking" on another thread. Yes I said both of those terms. If you see that in one of their stories you will prob know where ti came from, I am hoping that trap will catch them in the act!
BTW I have never thought they were real innkeepers, just posers who come here for their research and to twist it up and spew it out..
Bob & Emily's Confessions have mentioned having a gun before. I think they've mentioned researching guests too. They were nicer about it than your "gun toting and guest stalking" comment though. Might as well put it in the worse possible context to give them more fuel for Confessions though.

Back