Zwave & Sensibo

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Generic

Reaction score
Finally have all the Sensibo units installed in the guest rooms. So, temp and humidity numbers that I can see. And I can control the A/C if I need to.
Getting more Zwave installed to repeat signals and control items in the house. Being an old house I can't control many of the lights because I only have 2 wires (it needs a neutral) but I have some controlled and some plugs and all the room locks. :)

Sensibo is wonderful, I had it to switch on & off the A/C's in the room with a Zwave motion sensor and it decreased the electricity by approx 3-5 units per day! I've always set it at 23c, fans to medium and instructed guests to let me know should they still feel a bit warm but no one ever said anything and when I've asked, everyone said it's ok. It was well worth the money spent and I don't have to get in the rooms each time someone leaves. I

Sensibo is wonderful, I had it to switch on & off the A/C's in the room with a Zwave motion sensor and it decreased the electricity by approx 3-5 units per day! I've always set it at 23c, fans to medium and instructed guests to let me know should they still feel a bit warm but no one ever said anything and when I've asked, everyone said it's ok. It was well worth the money spent and I don't have to get in the rooms each time someone leaves. I.
Around here, it's really the humidity. But many people don't understand it.

Guests have asked me if it's okay to leave the AC on... yeah, it's cheaper to keep it running and keep the humidity low than it is to start from a hot room full of humidity and dehumidify it again.
Mine are set to 21c though.

I still have to try to leave mine on throughout the day. Last summer we had 2 10 year old A/C s which if left on the electricity meter just would've gone mad but this year we've both new ones and I am just waiting for it to get a bit warmer so that I can leave them a whole day on as the person who installed them told us that they're more efficient if they are left on as you said.

Wow, Tonio, I checked out your website. You have a beautiful B&B and a very nice website. :welcome:

Wow, Tonio, I checked out your website. You have a beautiful B&B and a very nice website. :welcome:.
Thank you very much for the comments and welcome :) It became a routine coming on here and hearing all of the stories and suggestions!

Back