bread pudding

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheBeachHouse

Reaction score
I found an easy recipe for baked French Toast using store bought cinnamon swirl bread. Tried it and didn't like the texture (or the sweetness.)
So I did it a second time but ripped the bread in random pieces and didn't add sugar. I used blueberry swirl bread, added some fresh blueberries and called it 'blueberry bread pudding' and it was a hit.
Can't wait to try it with banana swirl bread.
So, too easy? Cheating if you use store bought sweet bread? Do you have a bread pudding recipe?

We make our baked french toast with old stale bread, layer of cream cheese, layer of fruit, and then the egg mixture on top left overnight. They can add syrup later if they want it sweet.

I have a ton of bread pudding recipes. One that uses a local chocolate bread.
I also do one like generic does but with leftover croissants.

Our baked French toast with apples we don't make any longer. It was way too sweet and it didn't hold well for 2 hours. But we did use store bought cinnamon swirl bread.

Our baked French toast with apples we don't make any longer. It was way too sweet and it didn't hold well for 2 hours. But we did use store bought cinnamon swirl bread..
Morticia said:
Our baked French toast with apples we don't make any longer. It was way too sweet and it didn't hold well for 2 hours. But we did use store bought cinnamon swirl bread.
Good to know I'm not 'cheating.' The recipe called for two tablespoons of sugar. DH and I could taste the sugar all day. We don't eat a lot of sweets.

We make our baked french toast with old stale bread, layer of cream cheese, layer of fruit, and then the egg mixture on top left overnight. They can add syrup later if they want it sweet..
Sounds awesome.
I also think next time, I will mix the bread into the egg mixture rather than simply pour the eggs over the bread. I want more of the eggs to be absorbed and less of a crust.

We make our baked french toast with old stale bread, layer of cream cheese, layer of fruit, and then the egg mixture on top left overnight. They can add syrup later if they want it sweet..
Sounds awesome.
I also think next time, I will mix the bread into the egg mixture rather than simply pour the eggs over the bread. I want more of the eggs to be absorbed and less of a crust.
Are you letting it set up long enough? Maybe using too much egg mixture? You don't want an overly eggy flavor.

Sounds awesome.
Are you letting it set up long enough? Maybe using too much egg mixture? You don't want an overly eggy flavor.
I use 6 eggs and a cup of half and half with a loaf of swirl bread and I let it set overnight.

Sounds awesome.
I use 6 eggs and a cup of half and half with a loaf of swirl bread and I let it set overnight.
TheBeachHouse said:
Maybe the bread is too dense. It works better with an 'airy' bread.

When I had leftover French bread from dinners, breakfast the next day was bread pudding.

Latest posts

Back