Everg reenClub - FAQ page - "these are not costly commercial B&B's, but..."

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

undersea

Reaction score
This website Everg reen . com, is for the "budget conscious" traveler. Stay in private homes and...
Funny, their FAQs page mentions nothing about "we save you money by avoiding the cost of fire, food safety, zoning complexities, proper insurance, reporting taxes, local hospitality taxes, rental license, and other things that legal B&Bs trouble themselves with". And pass the savings on to you.
"The modest gratuity covers your host's out of pocket expenses (a mere $20/day for two), including breakfast.
Further down the page: "Members share their lovely homes because it is such a practical thing to do. However, they are not in the B&B business. You won't find any costly country inns in our directory"
Who in their right mind wants to clean a room, serve breakfast for two, do laundry, coordinate with people who may/may not show up at any hour, deal with the occasional PITA, and other headaches for $20?

This is a whole different thing. it is used by many seniors who like to travel but are on a budget. this is very popular, it is not air b b

This is a whole different thing. it is used by many seniors who like to travel but are on a budget. this is very popular, it is not air b b.
different, because they are not encouraging private individuals to illegally have guests, not adhering to the zone/code/ enforcement/insurance, and not loudly declaring they are trying to get people to circumvent legal places to stay?
Most people are on a budget, senior or not.

I think there have always been hospitality exchanges, that is where the whole boarding house thing comes into play, but now someone is capitalizing on it, and making millions.
I think it is the same comparision, in my mind anyway, as a bake sale for the PTA vs a cup-cakery moving in next door. Once it becomes commercial per se, then the whole crossing t's and dotting i's legally needs to happen. Who decides that? Surely not I, but someone can and will.
They can certainly enforce building permits and health department inspections when you want to build a home, so I am sure if someone wanted to make these airbnb and others that follow suit legit they would. AirBnB is in the news because it is grossing millions as a business. These things come and go, I think the city B&B's are impacted the most when it comes to this, or maybe we all are, and don't even realize it?
Thanks for sharing this.

This is a whole different thing. it is used by many seniors who like to travel but are on a budget. this is very popular, it is not air b b.
different, because they are not encouraging private individuals to illegally have guests, not adhering to the zone/code/ enforcement/insurance, and not loudly declaring they are trying to get people to circumvent legal places to stay?
Most people are on a budget, senior or not.
These are more like "house / hospitality" exchanges. They have been around since 1982. I had considered joining a long time ago but never go around to it. Obviously you found them when others have not.
https://www.evergreenclub.com/how-it-works

Latest posts

Back