How much give is there?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Morticia

Reaction score
Guest wanted discount. Called several times trying to get one. (I'm not sharing with guests that I'm essentially in mourning and we're only taking limited bookings anyway.)
Finally booked without discount and had a list of food issues.
Just checked in and emailed us that they need to leave before the breakfast time and can we have breakfast at 6:30. When I said no, it got whiny. I offered the usual things we have out for anyone who needs to leave before breakfast but none of it was what they wanted.
My take, because of several things - last minute mistake on their part, email instead of in person, dietary issues requiring special cooking - I'm thinking they can pop over to the store and buy the things they want to eat and heat them in the micro.
So, not a problem that needs solving, just a gripe.

They emailed you!!!what the? They deserve nothing special. Offer what you usually do and move on. Some people are never satisfied

They emailed you!!!what the? They deserve nothing special. Offer what you usually do and move on. Some people are never satisfied.
Yes, emailed. I am not giving out my cell number. I don't want to deal with stuff like this! You need us? Come down and ring the bell.
BTW, cell phone gets parked at night, turned off, and I still don't take it with me anywhere unless I'm in the car!
But, I figured out the camera! ;-)

And I just remembered we redid the menu around their restrictions. But, that didn't stop them loading up on the sweet snacks we put out.

Gomez is, as you all know, a softie. He was waiting for them this morning, ready to provide breakfast. They left without eating.

It's people like this that go and knock you down on TA because they think you are not very hospitable. Drives me crazy! Some people I swear...

Gomez is, as you all know, a softie. He was waiting for them this morning, ready to provide breakfast. They left without eating..
Morticia said:
Gomez is, as you all know, a softie. He was waiting for them this morning, ready to provide breakfast. They left without eating.
We need all kinds of people to make the world go around….
sad_smile.gif
He will be the same softie when you mess up too.
regular_smile.gif
Love you both!

Ugh, I can't stand these type of people. You have to be careful with some people, give them an inch and they will take a mile.
i once had someone ask if we give senior discounts, I said, sorry no, then they asked if we gave disabled discounts, again I said no, and then she asked if we give military discounts. I asked if they had their military ID, she replied with, "oh no, my sister is military." She couldn't have been older then 45, looked healthy. She just wanted a discount, anything. She then wanted our lunch special at 7 p.m (it's only served from 11-3), and got mad when we wouldn't do it. She finally ordered something and then complained it wasn't like what she was used to. She gave us a 3 star review on Facebook, no comment. Not the worst story I have, but it gets tiring quick.

Back