iHotelier

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leapingbee

Reaction score
Hello
We are considering changing our Reservation System to a Cloud based program called "iHotelier" for the simple reason that it is affordable, and it has the ability to channel master from sources such as expedia, travelocity, ect... . Wondering if anyone else out there has any feed back on this system?

How many guest rooms do you have leapingbee? are you a bed and breakfast?

Lots of us here use Reservation Key. IF you are a B & B you should look into it.

How many guest rooms do you have leapingbee? are you a bed and breakfast?.
WE have 13, yes, 13 rooms... The trouble with little hotelier that we are finding is it is not very flexible with setting room and meals taxes. We are a small inn,and we serve not only Breakfast, which is included with room rate, but have a small tavern, and also serve dinner. So we need different rates according to whether the Guest is in house or a walk in for dinner, or the tavern. The setup for the tax rates is either a all or nothing rate. Very confusing!
Oh well, just thought I'd put the topic out there to hear of other Inn Keepers thoughts.
Thanks for the reply!

WE have 13, yes, 13 rooms... The trouble with little hotelier that we are finding is it is not very flexible with setting room and meals taxes. We are a small inn,and we serve not only Breakfast, which is included with room rate, but have a small tavern, and also serve dinner. So we need different rates according to whether the Guest is in house or a walk in for dinner, or the tavern. The setup for the tax rates is either a all or nothing rate. Very confusing!
Oh well, just thought I'd put the topic out there to hear of other Inn Keepers thoughts.
Thanks for the reply!
Leapingbee - give us an intro, please. We get hit with scammers signing in, posting, and disappearing. As an innkeeper, welcome. The lack of intro is what got the frost on the pumpkin.

Lots of us here use Reservation Key. IF you are a B & B you should look into it..
Thank you for the feed back! Just looked at Reservation Key's site and looks like exactly what we need!
The ability to set split taxes and rates is essential for us, as we have a B& B, with breakfast included, but also a Tavern, and Dinning room that is open to the public as well.
Thanks again!

Thanks for the reply!
Leapingbee - give us an intro, please. We get hit with scammers signing in, posting, and disappearing. As an innkeeper, welcome. The lack of intro is what got the frost on the pumpkin.
Oh sorry for the lack of introducing myself! I just started working for Inn Keepers here at The Darby Field Inn , in Conway New Hampshire.
Trying to update and streamline their systems, hopefully make their lives easier! I have worked in the resort, hospitality industry in some capacity for at least 25 years, but first time given more of a management, take charge role, so I'm reaching out to the community so to speak ;) for advice!
Thank you for the etiquette reminder ;)
Regards,
Belinda

Thanks for the reply!
Oh sorry for the lack of introducing myself! I just started working for Inn Keepers here at The Darby Field Inn , in Conway New Hampshire.
Trying to update and streamline their systems, hopefully make their lives easier! I have worked in the resort, hospitality industry in some capacity for at least 25 years, but first time given more of a management, take charge role, so I'm reaching out to the community so to speak ;) for advice!
Regards,
Belinda
Thank you. Now in about a week - please folks, do not quote on her so she is able to do it - come back and delete the name of the inn and city, just replace with a B & B of ___# rooms in New Hampshire so you can remain anon.

Thanks for the reply!
Regards,
Belinda
leapingbee said:
Regards,
Belinda
We are always leery of someone who posts something on the first post as you did, we are bombarded with spam and scams here, and we all do our best to try to keep it at a minimum.
Welcome to the forum!

Welcome!
welcome.gif
And you don't have to say what state you're in. You can be completely anonymous if you want - whatever your preference.

Thanks for the reply!
Regards,
Belinda
Thank you. Now in about a week - please folks, do not quote on her so she is able to do it - come back and delete the name of the inn and city, just replace with a B & B of ___# rooms in New Hampshire so you can remain anon.
Thanks for the advice gillumhouse!

Thanks for the reply!
Regards,
Belinda
leapingbee said:
You cannot do it now - you got quoted so you will no longer have an edit button on that reply.

Well, she can always come up with a new ID if wanting to be anonymous. ? We're going to confuse the newbies telling them to introduce themselves then telling them afterwards they shouldn't have named their place.

Well, she can always come up with a new ID if wanting to be anonymous. ? We're going to confuse the newbies telling them to introduce themselves then telling them afterwards they shouldn't have named their place..
That is why I said to say # of rooms and area rather than name. Giving the name is OK if we all remember to just respond so they can come back and delete it. We are all protective of this site and really do not want it to be outed if we can help it. One can do an intro without naming.

Thanks for the reply!
Regards,
Belinda
leapingbee said:
Oh sorry for the lack of introducing myself! I just started working for Inn Keepers here at xxxxxxx
Regards,
Belinda
Welcome, Belinda.
Sorry, I was being snarky. Stick around, there's a plethora of information to be found here and some nice folks to talk to

Back