Nooooooooooooooo!

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I usually grab this section right away and stash it. Not many guests care about the 'gardening' section of the paper. Today, tho, it looked like Starbucks at breakfast...everyone had a piece of the paper! No joke, if they weren't reading books, the guests all had the paper. And, lets talk about '3 across' in the puzzle...one guest said, 'Is this today's paper?' and took the whole paper away with her. Luckily, other guests went right after her and took the sections they wanted..
Huh??? I don't get this. We leave the paper(s) out for our guests to look at. Especially business guests. If they do the crossword or Sudoku, it doesn't matter to me. I rarely have time to get to the paper anyway. I'll read the news online in the evening usually.
Samster said:
Huh??? I don't get this. We leave the paper(s) out for our guests to look at. Especially business guests. If they do the crossword or Sudoku, it doesn't matter to me. I rarely have time to get to the paper anyway. I'll read the news online in the evening usually.
You don't get it because you don't love puzzles the way others do. It's OK... we're all different. But I have heard things about people addicted to the Sunday crossword puzzle... don't get between them and their fix!
=)
Kk.
Wrong! I used to do the crossword puzzle every single day with my morning coffee.
I like Sudoku. Sometimes I'll do a crossword. When I had a desk job and a daily paper at work, I did them all the time. But I've never been addicted to them like others get... (Like the guy in Oliver's Travels gets!)
=)
Kk.
I guess my point was that now the guests come first :) It's probably part of my "caregiver" personality. It wouldn't matter to me as there's always too much to do to get to the crossword these days anyway. When there are guests in the house, I'm on the go from morning to bedtime ;-)
I also should have said that I got hooked on the crossword after we moved here when I had time to really sit and do it over coffee early in the morning . Never had time in my high pressure corporate job since I was always on the go. Doing the crossword was something that I started doing here...just like I stopped wearing a wristwatch.
Samster said:
I guess my point was that now the guests come first :) It's probably part of my "caregiver" personality. It wouldn't matter to me as there's always too much to do to get to the crossword these days anyway. When there are guests in the house, I'm on the go from morning to bedtime ;-)
I also should have said that I got hooked on the crossword after we moved here when I had time to really sit and do it over coffee early in the morning . Never had time in my high pressure corporate job since I was always on the go. Doing the crossword was something that I started doing here...just like I stopped wearing a wristwatch.
Nope, sorry, I come first when it comes to certain things. The puzzle page and my chocolate milk the minute the clock ticks over to 9:30 and breakfast is OVER as far as I am concerned. Unless you just sat down to eat at 9:30, I am gone from the dining room.
I missed that caregiver gene when it was handed out.
I still try to keep Sunday afternoon as 'my' time. I do my puzzles, I take my nap, I sit in the sun (or shade). It's something that goes back to my childhood. We always did this on Sunday afternoon...read 2 newspapers, do the puzzles, eat rolls from the deli & take naps.
Sunday afternoon is the time my dh & I spend together. After we're done with guest rooms, we may go catch a movie or walk downtown for a coffee, or something like that. We made it our official date time when we opened the B&B because Sunday check-ins are rare here. Too much going on during the rest of the week usually to make time for us, unless we plan it pretty well. I guess it's because he has another job & is gone during the week and then pitches in on the weekend to help me. We're not together 24/7 in the business so we like our couple time.
wink_smile.gif

Back