Pricing for longer stays?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Interesting! I said 7 night stay, 8th night free. Same breakfast for everyone.
This worked very well for me ... usually the guest did not want to stay that additional night but chose to leave late in the afternoon of their planned check out so had the use of their room all day ... and I gave them a snack pack when they left. If they really enjoyed the chocolate chip cookies, that was in their snack pack. If I noticed that they especially liked the whoopie pies, I packed a couple of those. Something to make them feel special. I certainly appreciated the long stays..
She decided on 5 nights and that is good with me and I like sending cookies or muffins for the road. If they are here visiting their child at the college, I send along a package of cookies for them!
I make my muffins in mini-muffin pans so I have some to make a "care package" for the road. Even if they are stay-overs - snacks while driving around. I also put a basket (small) of 2 bananas, 3 to 5 apples depending on size, and a couple packs of snack crackers on the dresser or mantle of the room for the guests. Some empty it, some do not touch it. But they all like it that it is there.

You did not ay how many rooms you had. I have done a weekly rate when we had people working in the area. That rate did not include breakfast - but I am small enough to police that plus they were gone to work before the "real" guests came down for breakfast so no conflict (3 rooms is easier to deal with) an I serve full breakfasts.
Stick with whatever you choose to do but make it for ALL guests or you will go nuts..
Just two rooms and no one else will be here during that time. I don't like change-ups especially if more guests are in house. We worked out a time when she would be the only guest and because we are just opening, we have some open spots.
Figurehead said:
Just two rooms and no one else will be here during that time. I don't like change-ups especially if more guests are in house. We worked out a time when she would be the only guest and because we are just opening, we have some open spots.
I'm anyways thinking big! We have 7 rooms and I could not keep track of who had what breakfast offering.
We've tried 'planning' no other guests and then all of a sudden we have calls for every room.
This weekend I was planning to do spring cleaning. We just got 2 more reservations. Best laid plans and all that!
You are right about planning for down time or projects. A funeral brought us three days of guests in the middle of the week, which was perfect because the weekends were full, but my well-laid plans waited until the following week. Flexibility is a key word I'm discovering in this business.
That's right! If you want time off you have to block rooms.

You did not ay how many rooms you had. I have done a weekly rate when we had people working in the area. That rate did not include breakfast - but I am small enough to police that plus they were gone to work before the "real" guests came down for breakfast so no conflict (3 rooms is easier to deal with) an I serve full breakfasts.
Stick with whatever you choose to do but make it for ALL guests or you will go nuts..
Figurehead said:
I'm anyways thinking big! We have 7 rooms and I could not keep track of who had what breakfast offering.
We've tried 'planning' no other guests and then all of a sudden we have calls for every room.
This weekend I was planning to do spring cleaning. We just got 2 more reservations. Best laid plans and all that!
You are right about planning for down time or projects. A funeral brought us three days of guests in the middle of the week, which was perfect because the weekends were full, but my well-laid plans waited until the following week. Flexibility is a key word I'm discovering in this business.
maybe that's the secret way to get bookings - arrange a trip out you don't want to miss and then everyone will book!

Figurehead said:
Duff2014 said:
...or find an innsitter.

Latest posts

Back