Seriously considering annexing the downstairs bedroom for ourselves.

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can you be flexible? It would be fairly easy to convert a bed room to a dining room if the room was positioned adjacent to your current living space on one side and the inn on the other. You could use it as a part of the inn during the busiest season and convert it to your dining room during the winter and early spring. Let's face it, you are too busy during the summer to use a dining room anyway. May s well make $$$ with it.
We have a room on the second floor, which we use as DH's study, that has two doorways: one leads to our master bedroom/bathroom and the other leads to the hallway of the second floor room (bedroom, private hall, dressing room/bathroom). Currently the sound-proofed door of this "in between" room that connects to the guest suite is kept locked from our side.
I have often thought that we could easily set up a bed in that space and sell the upstairs as a two bedroom suite with shared bath if we needed the income. In your case all you would have to do is create/soundproof the second doorway into your space and move the furniture around on a seasonal basis. Best of both worlds without totally sacrificing the income during high season..
Might be doable. Bedroom in the summer, dining room in the winter....hmmmm.
No room for an addition. Or heart. We did two separate additions on our previous house - do not want to go through that again!
I do have fun arranging and rearranging the house. Thanks, All, for the suggestions. If you ever drop by, I'll show you the rooms.
Look at Resource Furniture, you could get the Goliath Table for a dining room and in the summer just leave it in the room. Or the Ulisse Dining and change it into a bedroom at almost any time. The downside is that you need to use flat sheets, as they are European bed sizes.

Can you be flexible? It would be fairly easy to convert a bed room to a dining room if the room was positioned adjacent to your current living space on one side and the inn on the other. You could use it as a part of the inn during the busiest season and convert it to your dining room during the winter and early spring. Let's face it, you are too busy during the summer to use a dining room anyway. May s well make $$$ with it.
We have a room on the second floor, which we use as DH's study, that has two doorways: one leads to our master bedroom/bathroom and the other leads to the hallway of the second floor room (bedroom, private hall, dressing room/bathroom). Currently the sound-proofed door of this "in between" room that connects to the guest suite is kept locked from our side.
I have often thought that we could easily set up a bed in that space and sell the upstairs as a two bedroom suite with shared bath if we needed the income. In your case all you would have to do is create/soundproof the second doorway into your space and move the furniture around on a seasonal basis. Best of both worlds without totally sacrificing the income during high season..
Might be doable. Bedroom in the summer, dining room in the winter....hmmmm.
No room for an addition. Or heart. We did two separate additions on our previous house - do not want to go through that again!
I do have fun arranging and rearranging the house. Thanks, All, for the suggestions. If you ever drop by, I'll show you the rooms.
Look at Resource Furniture, you could get the Goliath Table for a dining room and in the summer just leave it in the room. Or the Ulisse Dining and change it into a bedroom at almost any time. The downside is that you need to use flat sheets, as they are European bed sizes.
I LOVE flexible rooms and have always wanted a murphy bed. Great suggestions. Thank you.

Latest posts

Back