To Phone or Not to Phone...

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Inn-Nerd

Reaction score
What is the current tendency or trend regarding the provision or absence of phones in B&B guest rooms?

No need. Your guests have their phones with them.
They will want wi-fi, though.

It depends on your location and whether you are in cell phone coverage. Our location is cell phone challenged. We have 'land lines' (magicjack) phones for our guests use. Wi-fi is a must.

80's...goes with the facsmile
Yank them outta there! 2 decades overdue.

Consensus: If you have great cell service, there's no need for a hard-wired phone.
If you're like us, and cell service is just a fantasy, then you'd better have a hard-wired phone with free long distance through Vonage or another provider.
And WiFi is not negotiable. We actually have both WiFi and hard-wired ports, but the latter really aren't needed anymore.

Don't bother with phones in the rooms...a total waste of your money. Everyone has a cell phone these days.
i am assuming cell service is great where you live in VA.

OTOH, there's a phone in the bathroom as well as the bedroom where I am right now.

OTOH, there's a phone in the bathroom as well as the bedroom where I am right now..
A few years ago, The Greenbrier lost its 5th Star because it did not have a phone in the bathroom. That changed and the 5th Star returned.

We supply a cordless they can use to make local calls, because many people are outside of their cell service area. Then I teach them to use Whatsapp to make local calls :)

My kids said they learned about land line phones in History class the other day. Wow...Times are changing!

Nope, never had a request for them. We have a house phone in the lounge and one in the elevator (code), never used.

Latest posts

Back