When Breakfast is over.....

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When we checked into most of the B&B's we were told when we where showed our room what time breakfast was (never if there was an ending time) and several of the Inns had a little write up with the time as well other things you might need to know. We ALWAYS came down for breakfast right away because we didn't want to miss it
teeth_smile.gif
I do not think it would be rude to something such as
"we start breakfast at 8am and stop serving at 9am". I would think MOST people will take that as they need to be down before 9 if they want breakfast! If you have late straglers feel free to say that breakfast is over. If you have cereal and you WANT to you could always say we do have a box of ... and a box of ... if you care for a bowl of cereal or you could offer muffins or toast (but then that leads to butter and assorted jams, peanut butter, honey.....).
Those straglers are probably the same way in life, they expect people to cater to them at their beck and call..
GeorgiaGirl25 said:
We ALWAYS came down for breakfast right away because we didn't want to miss it
teeth_smile.gif
I do not think it would be rude to something such as
Me toooo...love to get breakfast served "homestyle" instead of serving it myself...
I too have framed policies hanging up in the rooms, right next to the door, which states clearly when breakfast is...what "From 8 AM until 9 AM" don't they understand?

When breakfast is over, it's over. If all other guests have left the table it's over. I do make it clear that breakfast is at such and such a time and if they don't make it then there's no breakfast. Harsh, I don't think so. I'm not a restaurant.

We do our breakfast between 8:30 and 9:30 a.m. Some couples KNOW the brkfst time and choose to sleep through it, and some couples are at the table at 8:30 a.m.

I ask when they check in what time they want to eat. And that's what time breakfast is ready, hot and on the table. Well, the fruit's on the table and I'm usually rushing to get the rest done in time, but it also gives me a buffer if them come down a few minutes late.
No one's missed breakfast so far...
But I don't have seven rooms! If I did, then when the cutoff time came, it would be done. Years and years ago I worked in fast food, late nights/early mornings. I forget what time we switched from dinner to breakfast (and then back again), but when we did we only served whatever happened to be left on the shelf, otherwise you were out of luck, should have gotten up sooner.
=)
Kk.

Back