Air reviews

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Air review stated in the private part to make it perfect would like a clock and box of tissues in the room
(1) I can't stand ticking clocks and refuse to have digital because of the light - so no
(2) tissues - people just steal them this is why we stopped doing them - plenty of look role and it does the same thing..
We got one asking for more breakfast choices. There's fruit, cereal, oatmeal, yogurt, the entrée with a side of meat and a bread.
You can choose from those things but no, you don't get to tell the cook you want poached eggs when everyone else is having pancakes.
And nowhere, absolutely nowhere, do we say there is a choice of breakfast. Except by the cook.
Morticia said:
We got one asking for more breakfast choices. There's fruit, cereal, oatmeal, yogurt, the entrée with a side of meat and a bread.
You can choose from those things but no, you don't get to tell the cook you want poached eggs when everyone else is having pancakes.
And nowhere, absolutely nowhere, do we say there is a choice of breakfast. Except by the cook.
Our poor reviews both mentioned that breakfast was a buffet (like a La Quinta or Hampton Inn.) I didn't think that was fair since we advertise continental. Nowhere do we even hint a plated, made to order breakfast. People!
TheBeachHouse said:
Morticia said:
Our poor reviews both mentioned that breakfast was a buffet (like a La Quinta or Hampton Inn.) I didn't think that was fair since we advertise continental. Nowhere do we even hint a plated, made to order breakfast. People!
And your hubster includes in his welcome spiel that it's a continental, right? Maybe to make a deeper impression on those who drop in or don't read, he can say, "per board of health regulations we serve an expanded continental breakfast between (times) so they get it's out of your control.
Morticia said:
TheBeachHouse said:
Morticia said:
And your hubster includes in his welcome spiel that it's a continental, right? Maybe to make a deeper impression on those who drop in or don't read, he can say, "per board of health regulations we serve an expanded continental breakfast between (times) so they get it's out of your control.
Yes, we both say, self-serve buffet, so come anytime between 8 and 10. We don't mention rules and regulations, just the "self serve" part and the timing.

Air review stated in the private part to make it perfect would like a clock and box of tissues in the room
(1) I can't stand ticking clocks and refuse to have digital because of the light - so no
(2) tissues - people just steal them this is why we stopped doing them - plenty of look role and it does the same thing..
Joey Camb said:
(2) tissues - people just steal them this is why we stopped doing them - plenty of look role and it does the same thing.
I am a big believer in "what makes me comfortable will make my guests comfortable." One of the reasons we don't offer 'seating times.'
But I would like a clock and tissues in my room. I don't like having to wake up enough to check my phone for time and I do prefer a tissue to tp for nose issues or makeup removal. So, although not huge comments (actually pretty petty, imho), but I can understand why they noted them.
I don't like clocks that light up the room, the red displays seem to be the best.
I have clocks in my rooms but people keep turning them off so I got fed up with keep resetting them. They're in the rooms, people can use them if they want.
Yes, the red display does not illuminate the whole room. The blue one does. We find the clocks turned around, unplugged, under the bed, etc. It is a pain but they're not turned off too often.
I've been know to throw a towel over an annoying clock at midnight when I don't have the sense to find the adjustments.
Ours are battery operated and digital so easy to turn around or relocate if you don't want to see it. Plus, they don't have to be reset after a power outage!

So what do you leave in a review for Air when its a no show?
Today we received the payment from Air for the no show last night. So I guess we weren't the only ones confused about her having a reservation with us!!!!! Makes me feel better about myself and the extra money....
I'd like tissues in my room but no glowing alarm clock please! We have some that people can request to use. The top two rooms have them but they usually aren't used..
Tissues in the room... alarm clock that doesn't glow unless you tap it to tell it to glow.

All the cottages have an alarm clock. I unplug it and put it in a dresser drawer. We don't cater to business and I don't want people to have to see the time when they are away from work and responsibilities. It's just me and it is the guest's choice to plug it in or not.
I have tissues in every cottage as well. But like someone said up there, they steal it. There are never empty boxes in the trash. The entire box is gone, almost every single time. But I keep supplying it, it's expected.
I bet in 10 years we've had maybe 5 boxes of tissues walk away. But, we don't get the fancy, decorator ones like Jon has in the winter.
...and obsesses over THREE boxes being stolen by the same family who were supposedly religious.
Baby Puss said:
...and obsesses over THREE boxes being stolen by the same family who were supposedly religious.
Sometimes you have to obsess, you have no choice when it's egregious.
They went to mass!
(Besides, it was my whole Christmas decor... gone in an instant!)
Worst part, had they asked, I would have given them nice new unopened boxes (with the decor).
I gotta get over this...

Square asks for feedback when they get the email after the card is processed. Since I take payment up front the feedback can only be based on check in and what they initially see/feel about the place.
I had to change my auto send thank you email as I had a couple stay 4 nights and the morning of day 5 they came to breakfast and said 'you're welcome'. Of course that left me with a blank stare until they told me they got the email. They had a good laugh.

Joey Camb said:
(2) tissues - people just steal them this is why we stopped doing them - plenty of look role and it does the same thing.
I am a big believer in "what makes me comfortable will make my guests comfortable." One of the reasons we don't offer 'seating times.'
But I would like a clock and tissues in my room. I don't like having to wake up enough to check my phone for time and I do prefer a tissue to tp for nose issues or makeup removal. So, although not huge comments (actually pretty petty, imho), but I can understand why they noted them.
I don't like clocks that light up the room, the red displays seem to be the best.
I have clocks in my rooms but people keep turning them off so I got fed up with keep resetting them. They're in the rooms, people can use them if they want.
Yes, the red display does not illuminate the whole room. The blue one does. We find the clocks turned around, unplugged, under the bed, etc. It is a pain but they're not turned off too often.
I've been know to throw a towel over an annoying clock at midnight when I don't have the sense to find the adjustments.
We have alarm clocks in each room. They have red glow, but also has a night light built in. With as many bells and whistles this clock does have, what it doesn't have is a way to turn off the night light.
We find it unplugged very often, which of course drains the battery for power outages. I placed a little note to tuck it under the bed if not needed, but of course many don't read and just unplug.
Tissues, you bet. I don't recall ever having them walk, but maybe once or twice, not common.

All the cottages have an alarm clock. I unplug it and put it in a dresser drawer. We don't cater to business and I don't want people to have to see the time when they are away from work and responsibilities. It's just me and it is the guest's choice to plug it in or not.
I have tissues in every cottage as well. But like someone said up there, they steal it. There are never empty boxes in the trash. The entire box is gone, almost every single time. But I keep supplying it, it's expected.
I bet in 10 years we've had maybe 5 boxes of tissues walk away. But, we don't get the fancy, decorator ones like Jon has in the winter.
Baby Puss said:
Sometimes you have to obsess, you have no choice when it's egregious.
They went to mass!
(Besides, it was my whole Christmas decor... gone in an instant!)
Worst part, had they asked, I would have given them nice new unopened boxes (with the decor).
I gotta get over this...
Get out the screw gun and bolt them down!!!!!!! Then purr sweetly as you hear them trying to get it up!
wink_smile.gif

Tissues please
And if the alarm clock is in the drawer, please let me know it's in there.
I anticipated that boxes of tissues might walk away. But not the t.p. on the roll. They rarely took either ... unless someone had a cold. Often guests think they are right in taking them if they're in their room. Same with little soaps and mini shampoos. I always thought the soap and shampoo were for me as a guest to use or take. Never thought of it as theft. But I prefer my own stuff and need like 1/2 gallon of conditioner ... so I mostly leave those things untouched.

Tissues please
I anticipated that boxes of tissues might walk away. But not the t.p. on the roll. They rarely took either ... unless someone had a cold. Often guests think they are right in taking them if they're in their room. Same with little soaps and mini shampoos. I always thought the soap and shampoo were for me as a guest to use or take. Never thought of it as theft. But I prefer my own stuff and need like 1/2 gallon of conditioner ... so I mostly leave those things untouched..
Had a guest this weekend who asked for extra shampoo and soap every day...even when it was obvious that he had not used the ones originally in the room at check-in. On his way out the door before leaving, the guy begged me for another shampoo and soap. Seems he just loved it so much he had to have it!
Always have a box of tissue by the bed and in the bathroom. Although it still amazes me how many tissues some people use, I figure it is better than wiping snot on the sheet or make up on the towels!

Tissues please
I anticipated that boxes of tissues might walk away. But not the t.p. on the roll. They rarely took either ... unless someone had a cold. Often guests think they are right in taking them if they're in their room. Same with little soaps and mini shampoos. I always thought the soap and shampoo were for me as a guest to use or take. Never thought of it as theft. But I prefer my own stuff and need like 1/2 gallon of conditioner ... so I mostly leave those things untouched..
Each of our bathrooms have a white dispenser which holds shampoo, conditioner, lotion, and body wash. One bottle from Dollar Store fills two containers. One container lasts about 3 to 6 months if its shampoo or body wash. The other two, about a year. The guests love them and so do we! Our little trial containers walked away daily at a dollar each. Now for two dollar we got it covered for at least 3 months. These are there to stay unless they want the tub/shower too.
Our thank you cards trot away all the time, but they have our name in them!!!!
regular_smile.gif
Which reminds me that I should buy another box of them.

Joey Camb said:
We have alarm clocks in each room. They have red glow, but also has a night light built in. With as many bells and whistles this clock does have, what it doesn't have is a way to turn off the night light.
We find it unplugged very often, which of course drains the battery for power outages. I placed a little note to tuck it under the bed if not needed, but of course many don't read and just unplug.
Tissues, you bet. I don't recall ever having them walk, but maybe once or twice, not common.
I was thinking today that many people unplug them not because of the light but because they want the plugs to charge all of their devices. When I put in a power outlet for each, I'll see if people still unplug them.

Today we received the payment from Air for the no show last night. So I guess we weren't the only ones confused about her having a reservation with us!!!!! Makes me feel better about myself and the extra money....
I'd like tissues in my room but no glowing alarm clock please! We have some that people can request to use. The top two rooms have them but they usually aren't used..
Duff2014 said:
I'd like tissues in my room but no glowing alarm clock please! We have some that people can request to use. The top two rooms have them but they usually aren't used.
Air pays you if they're no shows. They've already gotten the money from the guest when the confirmed reservation happened.
Breakfast Diva said:
Duff2014 said:
I'd like tissues in my room but no glowing alarm clock please! We have some that people can request to use. The top two rooms have them but they usually aren't used.
Air pays you if they're no shows. They've already gotten the money from the guest when the confirmed reservation happened.
Yeah!
regular_smile.gif
No hassle. I like air more every day....

Tissues please
Because those little amenity bottles get thrown out I always take then if I liked the product. Sometimes the housekeeper would just leave me a bunch of them if I kept taking the one that was out (and putting it in my suitcase-i really like some of those products a lot!) Good way to build up your tip. ;-)
But tissues? I'd have to be really sick. We've had guests ask where's the nearest store to go buy a box for the car. I just open the closet and hand over a box. But that's asking, not taking.
I came home with 5 pyramid shaped soaps from my stay for my son's wedding. They must be used to that, they just lined then up for me after the second day.

Tissues please
Each of our bathrooms have a white dispenser which holds shampoo, conditioner, lotion, and body wash. One bottle from Dollar Store fills two containers. One container lasts about 3 to 6 months if its shampoo or body wash. The other two, about a year. The guests love them and so do we! Our little trial containers walked away daily at a dollar each. Now for two dollar we got it covered for at least 3 months. These are there to stay unless they want the tub/shower too.
regular_smile.gif
Duff2014 said:
regular_smile.gif
Yes! I print up a couple a week in the summer. Hey, it's a free souvenir.

Tissues please
At a hotel, I put the soaps in my luggage daily for OUR bathroom. At a B & B, I use one of the soaps from hotels that are in my travel bag - it is expense for the B & B, but I do not care about the costs of the hotel.
I have a box of tissues on each side to the bookcase headboard in the king, at least 1 box on each night stand in each room and 1 in each bathroom. No one has ever stolen anything in almost 20 years. My clock/radio/CD players have red displays and have rarely been unplugged. I have surge strips everywhere - each side of the bed, where the TV is plugged in, where the A/C is plugged in.......

Tissues please
regular_smile.gif
Duff2014 said:
regular_smile.gif
Morticia said:
Duff2014 said:
regular_smile.gif
So how do you do it? I buy a box of thank you cards and hand write our message inside. Do you put a picture of your place on it?

Goes back to expectations. People do not usually read policies, but come with their own past experiences.
Maybe that is what they have many days at home, or what they like when they eat breakfast out.
Is there any way to reinforce your policy that bfast is chef's choice in the serving room, or something in their room about this?

Tissues please
regular_smile.gif
Duff2014 said:
regular_smile.gif
Morticia said:
Duff2014 said:
regular_smile.gif
So how do you do it? I buy a box of thank you cards and hand write our message inside. Do you put a picture of your place on it?
Duff2014 said:
Morticia said:
Duff2014 said:
regular_smile.gif
We are so lah-di-dah here that I have them printed up. Picture of the inn on the front and pertinent info inside.
Then I run them thru the printer with our little blurb about enjoying their stay.

Joey Camb said:
Blue light is known as hugely disruptive to sleep, red is not. There is significant research on this, via google search...

Tissues please
Because those little amenity bottles get thrown out I always take then if I liked the product. Sometimes the housekeeper would just leave me a bunch of them if I kept taking the one that was out (and putting it in my suitcase-i really like some of those products a lot!) Good way to build up your tip. ;-)
But tissues? I'd have to be really sick. We've had guests ask where's the nearest store to go buy a box for the car. I just open the closet and hand over a box. But that's asking, not taking.
I came home with 5 pyramid shaped soaps from my stay for my son's wedding. They must be used to that, they just lined then up for me after the second day.
See, that what kills me.... if they had asked I would have handed over nice new boxes. I mean I pay just 60c a box... those are like $2 each!

Back