Any Famous Guests?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We had 4 photographers show up here for a wedding. Talk about paparazzi!

Off topic but on.
Yesterday I told my parents about Kevin Bacon (Bacon Brothers) playing a couple blocks from us. Dad said the same thing a few of you said, And? or Who is it? And insinuated it was not a big deal because HE DIDN'T know of him. No Dad, I said, it was not Elvis or John Wayne. haha
Today, I get a call, then another call and someone who is in her own words "So excited! I am so excited to come there!" nearly blasting my ears out, and then went on to mention the best concert of all time, ever, are The Bacon Brothers. They have seen them since they formed this band 15 years ago many many times.
I was interested in knowing Footloose/The Following star has been married to Kyra Sedgwick from the Closer since 1988.
I told Dad a few movies he may know him from:
Apollo 13
Mystic River
The River WIld
Flatliners
My Dog Skip (I mention only as DH said it was the worst movie he has ever seen when he could not stop bawling over Skip)
and more...like 78 movies.
Which is why I won't share this with my parents.

I was watching a celebrity news show (inside edition or TMZ) and they said something about a Ashton and Mila wedding photo. Then it said that they were actually the witnesses for Ashton's sister's wedding "at (so-n-so) Bed & Breakfast in Louisiana". My immediate thought was, "Holy Cow, they just got plugged on national television and will probably be mentioned every time that picture pops up anywhere!" Whew, you can't pay for that kind of promotion!

I was watching a celebrity news show (inside edition or TMZ) and they said something about a Ashton and Mila wedding photo. Then it said that they were actually the witnesses for Ashton's sister's wedding "at (so-n-so) Bed & Breakfast in Louisiana". My immediate thought was, "Holy Cow, they just got plugged on national television and will probably be mentioned every time that picture pops up anywhere!" Whew, you can't pay for that kind of promotion!.
Kay Nein said:
I was watching a celebrity news show (inside edition or TMZ) and they said something about a Ashton and Mila wedding photo. Then it said that they were actually the witnesses for Ashton's sister's wedding "at (so-n-so) Bed & Breakfast in Louisiana". My immediate thought was, "Holy Cow, they just got plugged on national television and will probably be mentioned every time that picture pops up anywhere!" Whew, you can't pay for that kind of promotion!
No you can't, it is priceless!

We had 4 photographers show up here for a wedding. Talk about paparazzi!.
For the Elopement that will be in Sunday's paper in the Capital, we had the reporter doing video, the press photographer, the bride's cousin (doing professional photography), and my efforts (I did get one fantastic shot!). That log house was one crowded place.

Joey Bloggs said:
Have you ever had anyone famous stay with you? Elope or overnight?
not yet.
but when I was a kid working as a chambermaid, I cleaned Paul Newman and Joanne Woodward's room.
And the place next door to ours (which is now closed) housed Ellen Degeneres, Tom Sellick and others when they filmed "The Love Letter."

I have had several who were famous - in THEIR world. We had the inventor of a valve used by NASA, the manager of Landau Eugene Murphy, and Chris Carr who was a 7 times motorcycle racing champion. Oh, we also had a guitar player from that little band - Trans-Siberian Orchestra

Isn't it a funny thing. We have had some famous people stay with us, television personalities and political people, but we are obligated to keep it to ourselves.

Off topic but on.
Yesterday I told my parents about Kevin Bacon (Bacon Brothers) playing a couple blocks from us. Dad said the same thing a few of you said, And? or Who is it? And insinuated it was not a big deal because HE DIDN'T know of him. No Dad, I said, it was not Elvis or John Wayne. haha
Today, I get a call, then another call and someone who is in her own words "So excited! I am so excited to come there!" nearly blasting my ears out, and then went on to mention the best concert of all time, ever, are The Bacon Brothers. They have seen them since they formed this band 15 years ago many many times.
I was interested in knowing Footloose/The Following star has been married to Kyra Sedgwick from the Closer since 1988.
I told Dad a few movies he may know him from:
Apollo 13
Mystic River
The River WIld
Flatliners
My Dog Skip (I mention only as DH said it was the worst movie he has ever seen when he could not stop bawling over Skip)
and more...like 78 movies.
More off topic. My folks had a condo in Florida for several years. My SIL said that Mary Kay (a cosmetics purveyor) lived in the same building. So, when I asked Mom if she'd met Mary Kay, she told me she saw he once without her makeup... "and it's a good thing she's in the business"

We've had actors, politicians, authors, musicians, and several people who are famous in their fields. I didn't know who they were until after they left or when other guests told us who they were. I have to say all of them were kind, unassuming, friendly, and very humble. I was very nervous the first time a celebrity stayed with us, but once she arrived I was fine. After that I realized that they want to be treated just like all our other guests: special.
wink_smile.gif

Billy Joel stayed at an inn in town that happens to have a grand piano in its dining room. He sat down and played. The owner - the only one in the room who didn't recognize him asked him if he'd had formal training. He said no.
I heard about it through a guy who worked at a restaurant in town. Word travels fast in the industry.

We've had actors, politicians, authors, musicians, and several people who are famous in their fields. I didn't know who they were until after they left or when other guests told us who they were. I have to say all of them were kind, unassuming, friendly, and very humble. I was very nervous the first time a celebrity stayed with us, but once she arrived I was fine. After that I realized that they want to be treated just like all our other guests: special.
wink_smile.gif
We had a comic who was on Michael Macintyers comedy roadshow (which is on tv) didn't know who he was and thought he was being a bit pretentious when he asked me to call him a cab to the theatre (our theatre is about 5 mins walk away) - was very nice though, but was from London where you don't walk anywhere at night.
We have had all the bodyguards for celeb chef's staying with us this week though and they were super nice.

I had 4 famous InnKeepers stay with us last December! I can't say a whole lot more about it because I had to sign a confidentiality agreement with them. I will say they left a nice gift behind in the room. :)

Hewie Lewis
Elizabeth Vontrap
The Rockefellers (not famous but rich without a clue)

I am going to make a comment here now and how and why this thread was changed suddenly. If you DO host a famous guest, be sure to get permission before announcing they stayed with you.
Not discussing the the specifics, but just a warning to be very careful, perhaps this is not something we think about when we have a "noteworthy" celebrity in our midst. We think that they are fair game.

I am going to make a comment here now and how and why this thread was changed suddenly. If you DO host a famous guest, be sure to get permission before announcing they stayed with you.
Not discussing the the specifics, but just a warning to be very careful, perhaps this is not something we think about when we have a "noteworthy" celebrity in our midst. We think that they are fair game..
Joey Bloggs said:
...this thread was changed suddenly. If you DO host a famous guest, be sure to get permission before announcing they stayed with you.
Yeah I figured it was something like that. :-(

Not discussing the the specifics, but just a warning to be very careful, perhaps this is not something we think about when we have a "noteworthy" celebrity in our midst. We think that they are fair game..
Joey Bloggs said:
Not discussing the the specifics, but just a warning to be very careful, perhaps this is not something we think about when we have a "noteworthy" celebrity in our midst. We think that they are fair game.
I'm so frekin' confused. This is a forum - anonymous. not exactly viral. why can't we talk? This isn't advertising. We're not using names to make money here.

Back