Are your beds comfortable?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had one the other day ~ "What makes your place so much better than the others? Why should I come there instead of going elsewhere?" Seriously? My answer was "What is this, a job interview?" Ridiculous. I'm not having this conversation with you. Book it or not. I really don't care right now!.
BananaE29 said:
I had one the other day ~ "What makes your place so much better than the others? Why should I come there instead of going elsewhere?" Seriously? My answer was "What is this, a job interview?" Ridiculous. I'm not having this conversation with you. Book it or not. I really don't care right now!
While I agree that it is rather ridiculous for a guest to ask such questions (especially if they do so with attitude -- I am not going to grovel in front of a prospective guest, begging them to stay with us), I do think these are questions that we should be asking of ourselves (when/if ever we have a quiet moment to think!) We need to know well what our "Unique Selling Proposition" is and have self-confidence that we are offering great value.
We often get, "is this the best place in town?" I ask them to hold on while I get the number for them. I don't like that kind of pressure. If you need the best it's not us.
Haha! I get people all the time that complain about our rates or don't like that we don't have smoking rooms or get an attitude that we're new managers and have made some minor changes. If they seem like a PITA, I've started giving them the number to the two places down the street. One recently had a major bedbug problem and the other has a room full of maggots. :) it's just not worth the money to gravel at the feet of some of these people.

Back