Arrrrgh!

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Back again. He's going to run cable to a different room because he cannot walk on the snowy roof. I get it, it's a big safety concern.
So, we have tons of wires everywhere, it's an old house. I ask if he has a meter to check in the walls before he drills to run the cable in the new location. Not a problem. He just drilled thru our main power line. Exterior of building is scorched. Our power line needs to be replaced NOW. It's a fire hazard. Gomez on phone to power company. Tech on phone to satellite people.
He's ok. Probably shaken up a bit, but ok. Thank goodness..

Exactly.

My son filed a claim that was paid by the cable-satellite-not sure what it is installer's insurance company for damage to his roof caused by the installation. I don't know exactly what damage was done.

OK! One new TV installed. Sound adjusted. In room next door it sounds like a muffled conversation. (Is that too loud?) The remotes come with directions. Cool!
That only took 3 hours. Not including the painting. The next one needs the wall patched and painted along with painting the conduit to match the wall color. Installation of surge protectors happening, too. Guests will have more accessible outlets. Yippee!
Hoping we can finish everything by Friday.
(Can you tell we are not sports fans? I'm cleaning all the common spaces, Gomez is installing TV's and no one is cooking chicken wings.)

Well, around here, it's not so much the wing but the barbecue sauce.

How's the house doing?.
Duff2014 said:
How's the house doing?
The electrician forgot us yesterday and blew us off today.
Patching inside is done. All the TV's are installed. I'm painting all the wire conduit to match the walls, cleaning every room, making cookies for the video.
Now trying to figure out art work. Every room had certain art that had to be removed to put up TV. Now I have big empty spaces on the walls where pictures used to be and the tiny TVs look lost.

How's the house doing?.
Duff2014 said:
How's the house doing?
Patching inside is done. All the TV's are installed. I'm painting all the wire conduit to match the walls, cleaning every room, making cookies for the video.
Now trying to figure out art work. Every room had certain art that had to be removed to put up TV. Now I have big empty spaces on the walls where pictures used to be and the tiny TVs look lost.
Call him and politely leave him a message that you need it done as soon as possible. If he can't do it you understand. Is there someone he could recommend for the job?
Oh dear, about the art work....
sad_smile.gif

How's the house doing?.
Duff2014 said:
How's the house doing?
Call him and politely leave him a message that you need it done as soon as possible. If he can't do it you understand. Is there someone he could recommend for the job?
sad_smile.gif

Duff2014 said:
sad_smile.gif
He's coming at 8 AM.
I figure I won't notice the lack of art work after a week or so. It's always hardest the first few days when you make big changes. I'll throw everything in the attic and think about it.
Updating the website tomorrow to highlight all the new HDTV TV's!
Gomez is buying one more for backup. Just in case.

How's the house doing?.
Duff2014 said:
How's the house doing?
sad_smile.gif

Duff2014 said:
sad_smile.gif
He's coming at 8 AM.
I figure I won't notice the lack of art work after a week or so. It's always hardest the first few days when you make big changes. I'll throw everything in the attic and think about it.
Updating the website tomorrow to highlight all the new HDTV TV's!
Gomez is buying one more for backup. Just in case.
It's good to have a spare. Hopefully the art work can just be changed from room to room or different frames, etc. Or maybe its time to bring out the paint brushes or/and camera....

So, electrician never showed up. Gomez went to Home Advisor, his new best friend, and put in a bid for service. That was 15 minutes ago.
That electrician has already contacted the power company to schedule the power outage for next week and he just showed up in person to assess the situation.
15 minutes. This guy is taking the problem seriously.

So, electrician never showed up. Gomez went to Home Advisor, his new best friend, and put in a bid for service. That was 15 minutes ago.
That electrician has already contacted the power company to schedule the power outage for next week and he just showed up in person to assess the situation.
15 minutes. This guy is taking the problem seriously..
Morticia said:
Bake some cookies for the man. He IS your new best friend.

15 minutes. This guy is taking the problem seriously..
Morticia said:
TheBeachHouse said:
Morticia said:
Don't forget the coffee!

First guy showed up 2 hours late and after we hired other guy. I was just going to call him to say not to bother when he pulled in.
He's upset we didn't wait for him. 3 days. We DID wait!

First guy showed up 2 hours late and after we hired other guy. I was just going to call him to say not to bother when he pulled in.
He's upset we didn't wait for him. 3 days. We DID wait!.
Maybe, just maybe he will think of this as a wake up call. He is not the only fish in the sea, there is a new guy in town and he wants to work!
Just saw a commercial for that site. A little different from that Angie one and you don't have to pay to be a member.

Back