Charge back on Square

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Let me know if they post on TA - Chris and I have stayed at your place so we could honestly post a review to start burying it.
Riki

Hi JB
When you said charge back I am assuming it was a dispute resolution request....How did that work out? I have heard for a dispute they will freeze an account. Not sure if that means the transaction or if you can no longer process other transactions? Also, is there a way to print out a rec't for those who don't want an email? (Remember I am tech impaired)
Thanks!

Hi JB
When you said charge back I am assuming it was a dispute resolution request....How did that work out? I have heard for a dispute they will freeze an account. Not sure if that means the transaction or if you can no longer process other transactions? Also, is there a way to print out a rec't for those who don't want an email? (Remember I am tech impaired)
Thanks!.
white pine said:
Hi JB
Thanks!
Still waiting. Yes disputed the charge, as I knew they would and makes steam come out my ears ever time I even think about it.
In any chargeback they take the money back, and then if you win they give it back to you again. So that has happened.
I print out a rcpt from my online program either rezkey or another I use. You don't have to print out a rcpt at all, I know plenty who don't. When they get their cc statement it will say WHITEPINE LLC or whatever.
Today at a meeting discussing Blue Ridge Highlands, of which we are a part...

Hi JB
Thanks!.
When I run a charge on Sq uare, I put in the notes the name of the room they were in and the date of the stay in hopes that will help if I ever have a problem.

Hi JB
Thanks!.
white pine said:
Hi JB
Thanks!
Still waiting. Yes disputed the charge, as I knew they would and makes steam come out my ears ever time I even think about it.
In any chargeback they take the money back, and then if you win they give it back to you again. So that has happened.
I print out a rcpt from my online program either rezkey or another I use. You don't have to print out a rcpt at all, I know plenty who don't. When they get their cc statement it will say WHITEPINE LLC or whatever.
Today at a meeting discussing Blue Ridge Highlands, of which we are a part...
I am of the print out inclined. Seem to have guests who ask for them, use rezkey and do those who pay cash/ck. I had read a retailer newsletter that said sq FROZE the ACCOUNT when a dispute on a charge arose. It was a b&b situation too. They did even cancel the account because she (owner) was frustrated with trying to get help. Just didn't sound right to me.....apparently not the problem with you. Hope your next guest is such a sweetie it makes it better.....

Back