Dispute TA Review?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Where do I find Dispute a Review?
He was a bully and just because I dared as a woman to point out that we don't accept kids under 12 and it violates are fire laws, etc, but we'd let them stay as long as the baby was supervised he went off on us to retaliate. I was entirely pleasant and accommodating the whole time. A quote about me: The negative energy that Momma portrayed during every conversation was overwhelming and Poppa did his best to offset this horrible energy that Momma oozed.".
You can likely dispute only because of the personal insults, which is listed as a relevant reason to have a review removed. That is here.
The info for how to do it is here. The guidelines are here.
Go to "See our guidelines and submit your comments" in the Management page to do the dispute.
First Draft Request to Trip Advisor for Dispute.... Feedback? This unwarranted review was written in retaliation by someone who is personally and falsely attacking me and subsequently our inn, because he violated our published policy of only accepting children over 12 (and local fire occupancy laws and insurance policy). He and his wife showed up with their 18 month old daughter Isabella on a busy Columbus Day weekend. I gently pointed this out to him and let them stay anyway; politely advising them that their child needed strict supervision and could not disturb our house full of guests on a quiet getaway. He specifically and derogatorily targets me in a sexist fashion because I dared to professionally explain our policies and occupancy laws: "The negative energy that Momma portrayed during every conversation was overwhelming and Poppa did his best to offset this horrible energy that Momma oozed". We independent B&B owners need to be able to enforce our Policies without fearing a threat of a ranting TA Review. Please remove this review, we are tired of being held hostage by guests who have a hissy fit due to their own bad judgment. Please also note that this is the only review he's ever written on TA... just to be spiteful! Since ALL our conversations seemed natural and pleasant, I did not feel the need to report him ahead of time.
If you let the guest pick apart the review by removing the obviously inflammatory comments all that will remain are the negatives without the revealing attack on you personally. That's what will happen when TA coaches them to remove the personal attack. The personal attack is what makes the whole review worthless.
The more you protest, the guiltier you sound. 'Gently and politely and professionally' come across to me as you screeched at them and now you are defending yourself.
'We explained our written policy to them, again, but allowed them to stay as there was nowhere else available. We are now being subjected to this horrible attack on our business and ourselves because we advised them the child must be under supervision at all times as other guests were not expecting a toddler in the house.'
'Sexist' is an opinion, not a fact.
Again, TA will coach them to remove the attack and leave the dirt.
But that's my opinion...
Rewrite to Trip Advisor:
This review violates the terms of service agreement with Trip Advisor. We request the review be removed.
This unwarranted review was written in retaliation by a male guest who is now personally and falsely attacking us, because he ignored our published policy of accepting only children over 12 (and local fire occupancy laws). He and his wife showed up with their 18 month-old daughter on a fully-booked Columbus Day weekend for their reservation. I explained our written policy to them, again, but allowed them to stay here as there was nowhere else available. We are now being subjected to this horrible attack on our business and ourselves because we advised them the child must be under supervision at all times as other guests were not expecting a toddler in the house during their peaceful getaway.
He specifically and derogatorily targets me, because I was the one who politely explained our policies and laws: "The negative energy that M portrayed during every conversation was overwhelming and P did his best to offset this horrible energy that S oozed". We were involved in no other conversations.
We independent B&B owners need to be able to enforce our policies without fearing a threat of a ranting vindictive TA Review that consequently affects our ratings. Please remove this review, it is unfair to be held hostage by guests who are offended and lash out with mistruths due to their own failure to follow clearly written policy.

He was a bully and just because I dared as a woman to point out that we don't accept kids under 12 and it violates are fire laws, etc, but we'd let them stay as long as the baby was supervised he went off on us to retaliate. I was entirely pleasant and accommodating the whole time. A quote about me: The negative energy that Momma portrayed during every conversation was overwhelming and Poppa did his best to offset this horrible energy that Momma oozed.".
You can likely dispute only because of the personal insults, which is listed as a relevant reason to have a review removed. That is here.
Go to "See our guidelines and submit your comments" in the Management page to do the dispute.
First Draft Request to Trip Advisor for Dispute.... Feedback? This unwarranted review was written in retaliation by someone who is personally and falsely attacking me and subsequently our inn, because he violated our published policy of only accepting children over 12 (and local fire occupancy laws and insurance policy). He and his wife showed up with their 18 month old daughter Isabella on a busy Columbus Day weekend. I gently pointed this out to him and let them stay anyway; politely advising them that their child needed strict supervision and could not disturb our house full of guests on a quiet getaway. He specifically and derogatorily targets me in a sexist fashion because I dared to professionally explain our policies and occupancy laws: "The negative energy that Momma portrayed during every conversation was overwhelming and Poppa did his best to offset this horrible energy that Momma oozed". We independent B&B owners need to be able to enforce our Policies without fearing a threat of a ranting TA Review. Please remove this review, we are tired of being held hostage by guests who have a hissy fit due to their own bad judgment. Please also note that this is the only review he's ever written on TA... just to be spiteful! Since ALL our conversations seemed natural and pleasant, I did not feel the need to report him ahead of time.
If you let the guest pick apart the review by removing the obviously inflammatory comments all that will remain are the negatives without the revealing attack on you personally. That's what will happen when TA coaches them to remove the personal attack. The personal attack is what makes the whole review worthless.
The more you protest, the guiltier you sound. 'Gently and politely and professionally' come across to me as you screeched at them and now you are defending yourself.
'We explained our written policy to them, again, but allowed them to stay as there was nowhere else available. We are now being subjected to this horrible attack on our business and ourselves because we advised them the child must be under supervision at all times as other guests were not expecting a toddler in the house.'
But that's my opinion...
Rewrite to Trip Advisor:
This review violates the terms of service agreement with Trip Advisor. We request the review be removed.
This unwarranted review was written in retaliation by a male guest who is now personally and falsely attacking us, because he ignored our published policy of accepting only children over 12 (and local fire occupancy laws). He and his wife showed up with their 18 month-old daughter on a fully-booked Columbus Day weekend for their reservation. I explained our written policy to them, again, but allowed them to stay here as there was nowhere else available. We are now being subjected to this horrible attack on our business and ourselves because we advised them the child must be under supervision at all times as other guests were not expecting a toddler in the house during their peaceful getaway.
He specifically and derogatorily targets me, because I was the one who politely explained our policies and laws: "The negative energy that M portrayed during every conversation was overwhelming and P did his best to offset this horrible energy that S oozed". We were involved in no other conversations.
We independent B&B owners need to be able to enforce our policies without fearing a threat of a ranting vindictive TA Review that consequently affects our ratings. Please remove this review, it is unfair to be held hostage by guests who are offended and lash out with mistruths due to their own failure to follow clearly written policy.
Take out 'politely'. It's defensive. Leave out 'male' unless you can back up that he called you names, or something concrete. 'The guest' is sufficient. You sound like you have it in for him because he's male.
You never spoke to the guest other than to tell him to mind his kid? That can't be possible unless you only spoke to the wife or the child. 'Other than explaining our policy, all other conversations between the guest and myself were usual guest chit chat about sightseeing, etc.' Or leave that sentence out altogether. It doesn't seem likely that you never spoke to him again. If you never DID speak to him again, I'd couch that in terms of, 'The guest never spoke to me again.'

You know, I'm not trying to be a know-it-all here. ;-) I just understand your pain. It's an attack and it's wrong for someone to attack us personally if they don't like something about the stay.
I want you to succeed in getting the review removed. I'm trying to read this as an outsider, which is hard to do. I'm pointing out the words that set off alarm bells. Things that make you sound like you're trying too hard to defend yourself.
You've stated you want the review removed. Good. You've said why - personal attack. Good. You've stated you're being held hostage to guests who write bad reviews when they don't want to abide by written policies. Good. Those are facts.
All of those things are what TA doesn't want their reviews to be about.

You know, I'm not trying to be a know-it-all here. ;-) I just understand your pain. It's an attack and it's wrong for someone to attack us personally if they don't like something about the stay.
I want you to succeed in getting the review removed. I'm trying to read this as an outsider, which is hard to do. I'm pointing out the words that set off alarm bells. Things that make you sound like you're trying too hard to defend yourself.
You've stated you want the review removed. Good. You've said why - personal attack. Good. You've stated you're being held hostage to guests who write bad reviews when they don't want to abide by written policies. Good. Those are facts.
All of those things are what TA doesn't want their reviews to be about..
Oh, no, I totally appreciate your feedback! Totally. Poppa & I did re-read the review without the personal attack and it does take away his off-the wall vindictiveness! So we are now just contemplating responding to the review directly... how does this sound oh-wise-outsider-one?
We thank the reviewer for citing our overwhelmingly positive reviews written by guests who are NOT offended by our clearly written policies. This review was written in retaliation by a guest who is now personally and falsely attacking us, because he ignored our published policy (and local fire occupancy laws) re not accepting children under 12 He and his wife showed up with their 18 month-old daughter on a fully-booked Columbus Day Friday for their reservation. Momma politely re-explained our policy to them, but allowed them to stay here as there was nowhere else available. We are now being subjected to this horrible attack on our business and ourselves because Momma advised them that their toddler must be under supervision at all times as our other guests were expecting a peaceful childless getaway at our inn full of fragile antiques and collections. This review is full of flagrant vindictive mistruths.

But that's my opinion...
Rewrite to Trip Advisor:
To be very factual, try this:
Momma Smurf said:
Rewrite to Trip Advisor:
This review violates the terms of service agreement with Trip Advisor. We request the review be removed. This unwarranted review constitutes a personal attack. It was written in retaliation by a guest who disagreed with written policy.

Too long. They don't read. Simply point out what part violates their terms of service.
We have had two review removed by following this advice. Keep it strictly business. One or two sentences requesting they take an action based on their policies. Anything more will lessen your chances for success and make it more difficult to request it be removed in the future, which we did do and succeeded on the second try. The less information you share the better.

But that's my opinion...
Rewrite to Trip Advisor:
To be very factual, try this:
Momma Smurf said:
Rewrite to Trip Advisor:
This review violates the terms of service agreement with Trip Advisor. We request the review be removed. This unwarranted review constitutes a personal attack. It was written in retaliation by a guest who disagreed with written policy.
Have you had success with this track BH? I did something similar on our first bad review and it went nowhere. When I solely focused on the rule violation, I had success.

Oh, no, I totally appreciate your feedback! Totally. Poppa & I did re-read the review without the personal attack and it does take away his off-the wall vindictiveness! So we are now just contemplating responding to the review directly... how does this sound oh-wise-outsider-one?
We thank the reviewer for citing our overwhelmingly positive reviews written by guests who are NOT offended by our clearly written policies. This review was written in retaliation by a guest who is now personally and falsely attacking us, because he ignored our published policy (and local fire occupancy laws) re not accepting children under 12 He and his wife showed up with their 18 month-old daughter on a fully-booked Columbus Day Friday for their reservation. Momma politely re-explained our policy to them, but allowed them to stay here as there was nowhere else available. We are now being subjected to this horrible attack on our business and ourselves because Momma advised them that their toddler must be under supervision at all times as our other guests were expecting a peaceful childless getaway at our inn full of fragile antiques and collections. This review is full of flagrant vindictive mistruths.
Momma Smurf said:
Oh, no, I totally appreciate your feedback! Totally. Poppa & I did re-read the review without the personal attack and it does take away his off-the wall vindictiveness! So we are now just contemplating responding to the review directly... how does this sound oh-wise-outsider-one? We thank the reviewer for citing our overwhelmingly positive reviews written by guests who are NOT offended by our clearly written policies. This review was written in retaliation by a guest who is now personally and falsely attacking us, because he ignored our published policy (and local fire occupancy laws) re not accepting children under 12 He and his wife showed up with their 18 month-old daughter on a fully-booked Columbus Day Friday for their reservation. Momma politely re-explained our policy to them, but allowed them to stay here as there was nowhere else available. We are now being subjected to this horrible attack on our business and ourselves because Momma advised them that their toddler must be under supervision at all times as our other guests were expecting a peaceful childless getaway at our inn full of fragile antiques and collections. This review is full of flagrant vindictive mistruths.
IF you post it, I would leave off that last sentence. I would replace overwhelmingly with many; replace because he with because our published policy was ignored. After restating our written children policy, we allowed them to stay here as there was nowhere else available. They were advised their toddler must be under supervision at all times as our other guests were expecting a peaceful childless getaway at our inn full of fragile antiques and collections. We are now being subjected to this attack on our business and ourselves.
This is just my opinion of course.

Momma Smurf said:
Oh, no, I totally appreciate your feedback! Totally. Poppa & I did re-read the review without the personal attack and it does take away his off-the wall vindictiveness! So we are now just contemplating responding to the review directly... how does this sound oh-wise-outsider-one? We thank the reviewer for citing our overwhelmingly positive reviews written by guests who are NOT offended by our clearly written policies. This review was written in retaliation by a guest who is now personally and falsely attacking us, because he ignored our published policy (and local fire occupancy laws) re not accepting children under 12 He and his wife showed up with their 18 month-old daughter on a fully-booked Columbus Day Friday for their reservation. Momma politely re-explained our policy to them, but allowed them to stay here as there was nowhere else available. We are now being subjected to this horrible attack on our business and ourselves because Momma advised them that their toddler must be under supervision at all times as our other guests were expecting a peaceful childless getaway at our inn full of fragile antiques and collections. This review is full of flagrant vindictive mistruths.
IF you post it, I would leave off that last sentence. I would replace overwhelmingly with many; replace because he with because our published policy was ignored. After restating our written children policy, we allowed them to stay here as there was nowhere else available. They were advised their toddler must be under supervision at all times as our other guests were expecting a peaceful childless getaway at our inn full of fragile antiques and collections. We are now being subjected to this attack on our business and ourselves.
This is just my opinion of course.
Actually, I was quoting/parroting him using "overwhelmingly": We chose this B&B based on the overwhelmingly positive reviews

OK, edit out the last line. It's obvious. And it sounds spiteful coming from you. Take out 'falsely' as TA won't let that stand anyway. Leave in 'personally'. Uncapitalize 'NOT'.
Otherwise, that's a sane, coherent response to the review.

OK, edit out the last line. It's obvious. And it sounds spiteful coming from you. Take out 'falsely' as TA won't let that stand anyway. Leave in 'personally'. Uncapitalize 'NOT'.
Sane? Whose sane at this point of Day 115 in a row? In the past 10 days we did 58 out of 60 rooms. I literally went to bed last night counting the number of new guests walking through our door between now and next weekend, before we leave for Cali. Praying that THEY would be Sane. I almost needed my inhaler this morning when I read this. Have only had one cup of coffee, and my blood pressure is about to over percolate!!

REWRITE REWRITE (I need this oozing negativity gone!)
We thank the reviewer for citing our overwhelmingly positive reviews written by guests who are not offended by our clearly written policies. This review was written by a guest who ignored our published policy re not accepting children under 12. He and his wife showed up with their 18 month-old daughter on a fully-booked Columbus Day Friday for their reservation an hour before check-in. Momma politely restated our policy to them, and we allowed them to stay here as there was little availability elsewhere. Momma advised them that their toddler must be under supervision at all times as our other guests were expecting a peaceful childless getaway at our inn full of fragile antiques and collections. We are now being subjected to this unjustified personal attack on our business and ourselves.

We thank the reviewer for citing our overwhelmingly positive reviews written by guests who are not offended by our clearly written policies. This review was written by a guest who ignored our published policy re not accepting children under 12. He and his wife showed up with their 18 month-old daughter on a fully-booked Columbus Day Friday for their reservation an hour before check-in. Momma politely restated our policy to them, and we allowed them to stay here as there was little availability elsewhere. Momma advised them that their toddler must be under supervision at all times as our other guests were expecting a peaceful childless getaway at our inn full of fragile antiques and collections. We are now being subjected to this unjustified personal attack on our business and ourselves.
Momma Smurf said:
REWRITE REWRITE (I need this oozing negativity gone!) We thank the reviewer for citing our overwhelmingly positive reviews written by guests who are not offended by our clearly written policies. This review was written by a guest who ignored our published policy re not accepting children under 12. He and his wife showed up with their 18 month-old daughter on a fully-booked Columbus Day Friday for their reservation an hour before check-in. Momma politely restated our policy to them, and we allowed them to stay here as there was little availability elsewhere. Momma advised them that their toddler must be under supervision at all times as our other guests were expecting a peaceful childless getaway at our inn full of fragile antiques and collections. We are now being subjected to this unjustified personal attack on our business and ourselves.
The only change I would make is to change "showed up" to arrived. Or the sentence to" He and his wife arrived on a fully booked weekend with their 18 month old daughter, whom we had not expected.

I would like to share this, perhaps it needs to be updated. This is the first sentence on your online reservation policies.
Children over twelve are preferred. (removing the rest for privacy reasons)
Your website says:
Children Twelve and Over. Please call us for exceptions. (removing the rest...)

Momma Smurf said:
REWRITE REWRITE (I need this oozing negativity gone!) We thank the reviewer for citing our overwhelmingly positive reviews written by guests who are not offended by our clearly written policies. This review was written by a guest who ignored our published policy re not accepting children under 12. He and his wife showed up with their 18 month-old daughter on a fully-booked Columbus Day Friday for their reservation an hour before check-in. Momma politely restated our policy to them, and we allowed them to stay here as there was little availability elsewhere. Momma advised them that their toddler must be under supervision at all times as our other guests were expecting a peaceful childless getaway at our inn full of fragile antiques and collections. We are now being subjected to this unjustified personal attack on our business and ourselves.
The only change I would make is to change "showed up" to arrived. Or the sentence to" He and his wife arrived on a fully booked weekend with their 18 month old daughter, whom we had not expected.
He and his wife arrived unexpectedly with their 18 month-old daughter for a fully-booked Columbus Day Friday reservation.

Momma Smurf said:
He and his wife arrived unexpectedly with their 18 month-old daughter for a fully-booked Columbus Day Friday reservation.
Momma Smurf said:
Be careful, this makes it sound like they didn't have a reservation, "arrived unexpectedly." If I read it right, they had a reservation, but you didn't know they had a baby!

I would like to share this, perhaps it needs to be updated. This is the first sentence on your online reservation policies.
Children over twelve are preferred. (removing the rest for privacy reasons)
Your website says:
Children Twelve and Over. Please call us for exceptions. (removing the rest...).
Thanks, JB... both are now consistent. I saw your location snooping on our Policies page...
wink_smile.gif
thanks again for taking the time to make sure we CYA!

Momma Smurf said:
Momma Smurf said:
Be careful, this makes it sound like they didn't have a reservation, "arrived unexpectedly." If I read it right, they had a reservation, but you didn't know they had a baby!
REREREREWRITE with Many Thanks!
We thank the reviewer for citing our "overwhelmingly positive reviews" written by guests who are not offended by our clearly written policies. This review was written by a guest who ignored our published policy re not accepting children under age 12. He and his wife arrived with their unexpected 18 month-old daughter for a fully-booked Columbus Day Friday reservation. Su politely restated our policy, and we allowed them to stay here as there was little availability elsewhere, nor do other local B&Bs accept young children. Su did advise them that their toddler had to be under close supervision at all times as our other guests were expecting a peaceful childless getaway at our inn full of fragile antiques and collections. Rather than simply turning them away for the night, we are now being subjected to this unjustified personal attack on our business and ourselves.

Momma Smurf said:
Momma Smurf said:
We thank the reviewer for citing our "overwhelmingly positive reviews" written by guests who are not offended by our clearly written policies. This review was written by a guest who ignored our published policy re not accepting children under age 12. He and his wife arrived with their unexpected 18 month-old daughter for a fully-booked Columbus Day Friday reservation. Su politely restated our policy, and we allowed them to stay here as there was little availability elsewhere, nor do other local B&Bs accept young children. Su did advise them that their toddler had to be under close supervision at all times as our other guests were expecting a peaceful childless getaway at our inn full of fragile antiques and collections. Rather than simply turning them away for the night, we are now being subjected to this unjustified personal attack on our business and ourselves.
Take out the "quotes" that usually indicates something that is false. Take out the fragile antiques and collections. Sounds like you're more concerned about stuff than people.
Just my take on it.

Momma Smurf said:
Momma Smurf said:
Take out the "quotes" that usually indicates something that is false. Take out the fragile antiques and collections. Sounds like you're more concerned about stuff than people.
Just my take on it.
Am quoting him from his own words in the review exactly, total truth.. yes, am toying with eliminating the antiques, etc, although it is specifically part of our written policy and our right to protect our belongings that all our guests enjoy and rave about. When leaving he made a sarcastic remark re this that was uncalled for: And I quote: "Sorry about your broken vase".
He was also unhappy that he failed to checked the online availability of our Dinner Package and could not get it. And that they never bothered to check if the Zoo was open (not) and there was nothing to do here for them with the kid, despite our best efforts to make suggestions. The Laundry List of his Failure to Do Due Diligence goes on and on.

Back