Do You Have Something Annoying That Guests Do That Drives You CrAzY Each Time They Do It?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How about the guests who reach right past the FULL POT OF COFFEE to get to the k-cups and then cannot figure out how to use the Keurig. Oh, I say, there's a full pot of coffee right there. It says "COFFEE" on the front..
We put the keurig away during breakfast. We've had guests ask where's the coffee machine when 2 carafes of coffee are sitting right where the machine was the day before.
It's coffee brain. Or, lack of coffee brain.
Madeleine said:
We put the keurig away during breakfast. We've had guests ask where's the coffee machine when 2 carafes of coffee are sitting right where the machine was the day before.
People love the Keurig. I think we'd have a riot on our hands if we tried to hide it.
Need an extra? We are getting rid of ours. No one wants to use it.... coffee is too weak for my guests. I have so many flavoured pods.... no one wants to use them.
Jon Sable said:
Need an extra? We are getting rid of ours. No one wants to use it.... coffee is too weak for my guests. I have so many flavoured pods.... no one wants to use them.
We started with lots of flavors but now it's pretty much black silk, French roast and breakfast blend.
Well, the flavours were popular at one time, now I'm stuck with them. And our pot of coffee is not only cheaper, but stronger.

How about the guests who reach right past the FULL POT OF COFFEE to get to the k-cups and then cannot figure out how to use the Keurig. Oh, I say, there's a full pot of coffee right there. It says "COFFEE" on the front..
Madeleine said:
People love the Keurig. I think we'd have a riot on our hands if we tried to hide it.
TheBeachHouse said:
Madeleine said:
Sorry. Not spending 50 cents per cup of coffee and then hearing complaints that someone has to wait while the water heats or we don't fill the reservoir fast enough or we ran out of the flavor they wanted.
We say the line would be out the door in the morning if we tried to use the machine and then we tout the very good locally roasted coffee.
Hey. It works for us! But most people don't put the machine away and lots of places have the single serve in the guest rooms so no one has to budge in the morning. Get 'em up and out is my motto.
Yup, that is our motto too! We gladly put out coffee for early risers but it goes in a carafe and is refilled as needed.
It is much easier and more cost effective for us than putting out a single serve machine.

Madeleine said:
Jon Sable said:
We started with lots of flavors but now it's pretty much black silk, French roast and breakfast blend.
i do firmly believe not to give to many choices.....regular and decaf...keep it simple

What is it with parking!!!!! It's not complex, is it? Last winter we put signs up on our drive and it has helped, but you still get people like last night.
we have two bays marked for guests and if they're full we let people park in front of our garage. Three rooms, three spaces, simples!
First guests arrived last night and parked in front of our garage, I asked them to move it because I wanted to go out and we only had two rooms let. 2nd guests arrived and they park in front of our garage. I go out to ask them to move it and find that the first guests have moved theirs and put it right dead centre of the two marked bays, so 2nd lot have no option but to park in front of the garage. Sheesh!!

What is it with parking!!!!! It's not complex, is it? Last winter we put signs up on our drive and it has helped, but you still get people like last night.
we have two bays marked for guests and if they're full we let people park in front of our garage. Three rooms, three spaces, simples!
First guests arrived last night and parked in front of our garage, I asked them to move it because I wanted to go out and we only had two rooms let. 2nd guests arrived and they park in front of our garage. I go out to ask them to move it and find that the first guests have moved theirs and put it right dead centre of the two marked bays, so 2nd lot have no option but to park in front of the garage. Sheesh!!.
We have 9 spaces so I put up signs marketing 1-9 and people still park between the two signs. I thought the signs would help, but no. I'd love to have a sign along the drive that says when you get to the parking lot, please line the middle of your car up with any #, just don't park between. My husband said we should draw parking lot lines and that would fix it but I refuse. My response was Oh yeah, that works so well at the local mart and the food store where people are completely out of their lines. Those lines don't apply to them - just like check-in times don't apply either. I'm convinced it's these same people who ignore the sign related to hours in the hot tub, they leave the packets of empty sugar substitute on the buffet instead of the trash can right there, and they sit at dirty tables rather than the clean set one beside it. No amount of signs will fix these completely rude people who don't care - what's that saying - You Can't Fix Stupid or Ignorant!!!

First guests arrived last night and parked in front of our garage, I asked them to move it because I wanted to go out and we only had two rooms let. 2nd guests arrived and they park in front of our garage. I go out to ask them to move it and find that the first guests have moved theirs and put it right dead centre of the two marked bays, so 2nd lot have no option but to park in front of the garage. Sheesh!!.
We have 9 spaces so I put up signs marketing 1-9 and people still park between the two signs. I thought the signs would help, but no. I'd love to have a sign along the drive that says when you get to the parking lot, please line the middle of your car up with any #, just don't park between. My husband said we should draw parking lot lines and that would fix it but I refuse. My response was Oh yeah, that works so well at the local mart and the food store where people are completely out of their lines. Those lines don't apply to them - just like check-in times don't apply either. I'm convinced it's these same people who ignore the sign related to hours in the hot tub, they leave the packets of empty sugar substitute on the buffet instead of the trash can right there, and they sit at dirty tables rather than the clean set one beside it. No amount of signs will fix these completely rude people who don't care - what's that saying - You Can't Fix Stupid or Ignorant!!!
We painted lines and parking on the blacktop and it solved everything just fine for us.

Our parking lot is gravel, so we don't have lines painted, but we have old railroad ties at the ends of each spot, like curbstones, and people seem to line themselves up with them pretty well. We leave one of our vehicles at one or the other to set an example.

Our parking lot is gravel, so we don't have lines painted, but we have old railroad ties at the ends of each spot, like curbstones, and people seem to line themselves up with them pretty well. We leave one of our vehicles at one or the other to set an example..
Friends of mine have a gravel lot and they painted 2 x 2's bright yellow and dug them into the lot as dividers. Works well for them.

Here is something annoying and crazy, two ladies sent a thank you card and a gift card appreciating their stay with all the little details and special touches that made them feel welcome.
Don't give up on people. I hate to see a thread open to the public and on the internet forever here calling people "stupid and ignorant!!!" There are many guests who will surprise you and go out of their way appreciating and noticing everything.
Don't give up on people. We are in the people business.

Can I just say people who question everything you say ("Is that so? I never heard that.") and call into question your in laws sanity in naming their child such an 'odd name'. Then, when hearing it's an ethnic name say, 'well, it's a better reason than what we thought.'

Lines won't help. We have lines. After 10 years I have given up being the parking lot police.

We just stayed at a beautiful large metro city urban inn (only 6 rooms) with free off-street parking. That is a PREMIUM amenity in that city. The larger parking area is gravel and the innkeepers said that they are going to inset pavers to delineate the spaces there.
Seems like part of the problem is that folks arriving at different times are honestly oblivious as to how many people might need to park in a B&B's lot. Then, there's the folks who want to be sure that someone doesn't bash their car doors into the side of a nice vehicle. Add to that our large vehicles here in the States (we have a MINI and every other car there was much bigger).
So, I agree that it might be a bit harsh to name call guests.

Here is something annoying and crazy, two ladies sent a thank you card and a gift card appreciating their stay with all the little details and special touches that made them feel welcome.
Don't give up on people. I hate to see a thread open to the public and on the internet forever here calling people "stupid and ignorant!!!" There are many guests who will surprise you and go out of their way appreciating and noticing everything.
Don't give up on people. We are in the people business..
Point taken. Will try to remember it.

Back