Feedback please

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very New to B&B industry. Inherited an old website so have just re-launched it. Still loading better images.
www.kaulbachhouse.com
I have a short window still to do some tweaks on the layout. Most of the content is changeable from the admin.
What still needs improving?.
Perhaps you'd like to take a moment to introduce yourself. You're asking an awful lot from people who don't know what your goal is or if you're just looking for free information that you'll then get paid for providing.
Are you the owner? The web designer? Who are you? Don't need a specific name, just more info.
B&B Owner, not looking to sell anything. Just after general thoughts. The first few seconds of looking at a website are usually the most important.

Very New to B&B industry. Inherited an old website so have just re-launched it. Still loading better images.
www.kaulbachhouse.com
I have a short window still to do some tweaks on the layout. Most of the content is changeable from the admin.
Perhaps you'd like to take a moment to introduce yourself. You're asking an awful lot from people who don't know what your goal is or if you're just looking for free information that you'll then get paid for providing.
Are you the owner? The web designer? Who are you? Don't need a specific name, just more info.
B&B Owner, not looking to sell anything. Just after general thoughts. The first few seconds of looking at a website are usually the most important.
Looks very clean - not overly fussy and easy to navigate
My only thought is you have 4 rooms on your photo's page and seem to have 6 on your booking page?

www.kaulbachhouse.com
My only thought is you have 4 rooms on your photo's page and seem to have 6 on your booking page?
Thank you. Booking engine is a plug-in from Checkfront. Now updated

I like it ... I'm really drawn to the style of huge images of places.
The only thing a little hard for me to read is the 'button' choices at the top in front of some of the images. Maybe a darker font there? Or actual buttons? Otherwise, I like it!.
Button??? Not sure I know what you mean. Navigation menu?
Hey emptynest I have been trying to contact you. Have not heard from you in a long while. Hope all is well.

The only thing a little hard for me to read is the 'button' choices at the top in front of some of the images. Maybe a darker font there? Or actual buttons? Otherwise, I like it!.
Hey emptynest I have been trying to contact you. Have not heard from you in a long while. Hope all is well.
Email hacked! Sent you a message.

www.kaulbachhouse.com
deleted

Hi Kohlbach house ... I'm starting a new thread because your site question is mixed in with several others.

Email hacked! Sent you a message.
I did not get a message. Will you please send me another at [email protected].
I was worried something was wrong or made you mad without realizing it.

www.kaulbachhouse.com
Hi Kaulbachhouse,
It is looking pretty good. Here is my two cents worth:
1. Put the below section in each of the pop-up windows for the rooms.
I completely missed this and had I not been scrolling to give feedback would not have seen it.
Facilities
Air Conditioning.
Alarm Clock
Ensuite Shower Rooms
Wine Fridge
Comfort
Simmons Beauty Rest beds, (That's the Bowling Ball Mattress)!
Pure cotton bed linens
Goose down duvet
Fluffy Robes
Entertainment
Free high-speed wireless internet
Flat Screen LCD TV's with cable
Iron and ironing board(in case you decide on a "night on the town").
In-room coffee and tea.
2. When you can get some higher quality photos of the rooms, they are not bad but I think it would be worth it to really make them pop and share worthy. Also, not sure why you would have a renovation photo in one of the rooms for booking.
3. I would suggest putting a testimony plugin and ask some of the people that left really nice comments on your facebook page if you could use them on your website.
4. Maybe take out the "Book your stay" tab as you already have a big button on page and one for each room.
5. I would also put a email sign up form on your front page, maybe with a little 10% off first visit. Something like that.
Your photo gallery is lovely!
Those are the main things that stand out.

Back