Food Costs

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re-cost of juice. This is a cheap and good juice recipe. My kids were raised on it as straight orange juice was too expensive then and still is. Breakfast drink: 1- 12 oz. frozen can orange juice--thawed. 1- 12 oz. frozen can lemonade--thawed, and one package cool aid, any flavor but grape. Put in gallon jug or 4 liter jug and fill with water. Can add one-half cup sugar but I never do. Not sure how much that is per serving but it goes a long way. Guests often ask for the recipe. It is not bad with vodka either.
charlie may said:
Re-cost of juice. This is a cheap and good juice recipe. My kids were raised on it as straight orange juice was too expensive then and still is. Breakfast drink: 1- 12 oz. frozen can orange juice--thawed. 1- 12 oz. frozen can lemonade--thawed, and one package cool aid, any flavor but grape. Put in gallon jug or 4 liter jug and fill with water. Can add one-half cup sugar but I never do. Not sure how much that is per serving but it goes a long way. Guests often ask for the recipe. It is not bad with vodka either.
I thought about the not premium wondering if guests could tell the difference - then one morning I overheard a guest exclaim to her breakfast companions - "It's real orange juice." I have never wavered since. What was good enough for my kids (6 of them) is not good enough for guests who are paying for their breakfast as part of the room rate.
Did you see this story?
http://www.cbc.ca/marketplace/episodes/2014-2015/orange-juice-juicy-secrets
Yes, will never ever drink orange juice unless I make it fresh
April said:
fresh squeezed?
only

charlie may said:
I thought about the not premium wondering if guests could tell the difference - then one morning I overheard a guest exclaim to her breakfast companions - "It's real orange juice." I have never wavered since. What was good enough for my kids (6 of them) is not good enough for guests who are paying for their breakfast as part of the room rate.
Did you see this story?
http://www.cbc.ca/marketplace/episodes/2014-2015/orange-juice-juicy-secrets
April said:
fresh squeezed?
only
April said:
I can't even remember when I had freshly squeezed. I know I have as a child, but not since.

Back