For Those Who Blog..

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you all for the great advice!
Joey, I am working on your assignment
regular_smile.gif
My intent was not to use it specifically for marketing, but more as communication with my guests who have asked about keeping updated with what's going on around the inn and the area. Which I guess sort of translates into marketing somewhat. I guess I look at it more as a shared journal type of thing. I will definitely be doing a monthly newsletter..
rusticinn said:
regular_smile.gif
My intent was not to use it specifically for marketing, but more as communication with my guests who have asked about keeping updated with what's going on around the inn and the area. Which I guess sort of translates into marketing somewhat. I guess I look at it more as a shared journal type of thing. I will definitely be doing a monthly newsletter.
Yes, it is all marketing in the end. But don't think of it purely that way, or it will get in the way and become a burden. Enjoy it, let your flair lead what you write about, or it will feel forced, and no one will read it and it will all be a waste of time.
Don't blog to make money, to get followers, blog as a part of who you are as an innkeeper, and you will get a great benefit from it in your own life. That is my story and I'm stickin' to it! :)
Part 2 - it is an extension of your site. A place to slap fun and funky photos, those that really don't belong on your website, not the perfect, staged images. Just fun stuff...people will see you are fun, what you have to offer is fun, and like that you are real people. Good people.
JB, I think that when we launch, you will see that is going to be all the things you talk about. It will also be all things I am talking about.
Our marketing plan is almost ready. Our strategies are looking good. We're pulling in some resources we think are really going help us. It's going to be a great fit with the things we love to do.
shades_smile.gif

regular_smile.gif
My intent was not to use it specifically for marketing, but more as communication with my guests who have asked about keeping updated with what's going on around the inn and the area. Which I guess sort of translates into marketing somewhat. I guess I look at it more as a shared journal type of thing. I will definitely be doing a monthly newsletter..
rusticinn said:
regular_smile.gif
My intent was not to use it specifically for marketing, but more as communication with my guests who have asked about keeping updated with what's going on around the inn and the area. Which I guess sort of translates into marketing somewhat. I guess I look at it more as a shared journal type of thing. I will definitely be doing a monthly newsletter.
Yes! A shared journal to keep your peeps in the loop. They want photos, photos and more photos.
You will sell the experience to them thru your passion and your vision. They will sense the love you have for your area and they'll have insider info!
Joey's assignment last year was 14 things to see and do in your area. You're getting off easy with just 5. ;-)

regular_smile.gif
rusticinn said:
regular_smile.gif
Yes! A shared journal to keep your peeps in the loop. They want photos, photos and more photos.
You will sell the experience to them thru your passion and your vision. They will sense the love you have for your area and they'll have insider info!
Joey's assignment last year was 14 things to see and do in your area. You're getting off easy with just 5. ;-)
Morticia said:
rusticinn said:
regular_smile.gif
yes grasshopper, I minused the 10 for the 2015 (equals 15 things to see and do) :)

regular_smile.gif
rusticinn said:
regular_smile.gif
Morticia said:
rusticinn said:
regular_smile.gif
yes grasshopper, I minused the 10 for the 2015 (equals 15 things to see and do) :)
Joey Bloggs said:
Morticia said:
rusticinn said:
regular_smile.gif
I actually thought about adding one more and changing the title...

Back