Have you been able to sign up for health care?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I completely understand when folks feel a thread has gone beyond their comfort zone. Do what I do and skip the thread altogether.
Everyone is being very civil and the question is not one that requires an opinion either way.
And I still haven't been able to finish the form, called and they couldn't finish it either.
Found out I don't need to have it done until Dec 15, not Nov as I thought so I'm going back to ignoring the whole thing for a few more weeks.
Thanks for sharing how it worked for you.

Madeleine is the third one I'm literally afraid of.
Anybody care to guess the fourth? (Silverspoon already knows so she can't play.)
Hint: camberlyhotel would be on the list, but she's not because she's too far away to hit me...Why is she on the list? Because she's tough as nails if she has to be, and I'm not!
Another hint: Copperheads bite, but for some reason she's not the fourth one I'm afraid of!

Anybody care to guess the fourth? (Silverspoon already knows so she can't play.)
Hint: camberlyhotel would be on the list, but she's not because she's too far away to hit me...Why is she on the list? Because she's tough as nails if she has to be, and I'm not!
Another hint: Copperheads bite, but for some reason she's not the fourth one I'm afraid of!.
Arkansawyer said:
Hint: camberlyhotel would be on the list, but she's not because she's too far away to hit me...
Another hint: Copperheads bite, but for some reason she's not the fourth one I'm afraid of!
Don't worry one day I will make you 2nd guess the order I currently rank. sssssssssssssss
But I do think I know who #4 is!

Another hint: Copperheads bite, but for some reason she's not the fourth one I'm afraid of!.
Arkansawyer said:
Hint: camberlyhotel would be on the list, but she's not because she's too far away to hit me...
Don't worry one day I will make you 2nd guess the order I currently rank. sssssssssssssss
copperhead said:
If you're thinking Gillum, you're wrong. She's tough, but I can out run her! ...I think

I completely understand when folks feel a thread has gone beyond their comfort zone. Do what I do and skip the thread altogether.
Everyone is being very civil and the question is not one that requires an opinion either way.
And I still haven't been able to finish the form, called and they couldn't finish it either.
Found out I don't need to have it done until Dec 15, not Nov as I thought so I'm going back to ignoring the whole thing for a few more weeks.
Thanks for sharing how it worked for you..
My thoughts exactly Maddie. When there is a topic I feel will get me hot around the collar, I just avoid the thread. It goes away in due time.
I am thankful for Arkie letting me know to give it another go.

Arkansawyer said:
copperhead said:
If you're thinking Gillum, you're wrong. She's tough, but I can out run her! ...I think
Arkansawyer said:
copperhead said:
Well you'll soon have the opportunity to find out. K, if you are following this - HEADS UP! Bring those running shoes!
teeth_smile.gif

Arkansawyer said:
copperhead said:
I wanna know too!

Now think about it. Who SHOULD I fear?
Hint: I have always feared authority.
Hint: The smartest person on the forum.

Total control over the whole Innspiring world of our lives? YES! I'm definitely afraid of Swirt!

Total control over the whole Innspiring world of our lives? YES! I'm definitely afraid of Swirt!.
Arkansawyer said:
Total control over the whole Innspiring world of our lives? YES! I'm definitely afraid of Swirt!
what do I win? what do I win????
Breakfast Diva said:
A bar of my guesthouse logo soap, but you have to come to Arkansas to get it.
Arkansawyer said:
Breakfast Diva said:
hopefully some day!

Total control over the whole Innspiring world of our lives? YES! I'm definitely afraid of Swirt!.
Arkansawyer said:
Breakfast Diva said:
Arkansawyer said:
Breakfast Diva said:
hopefully some day!
Breakfast Diva said:
Arkansawyer said:
Breakfast Diva said:
hopefully some day!
Just think, Arkansas is on the way to visiting your east coast Innmates! Wouldn't that be a road trip!

Arkansawyer said:
copperhead said:
Arkansawyer said:
copperhead said:
[/quote
Honey, a 2-year old can outrun me! I do not run, I waddle, waddle, waddle!
Reminds me of a story my friend Mary Ann told me.
Her daughter & her DH were houseparents for a houseful of 8 & 9-year old abused & neglected boys. Mary Ann had gone to help her daughter in her last weeks of preggers and for after the baby was born. She had been there about a week when one little boy came up to her and said, "YOU are MEAN!" She looked at him and said, "I am nothing, you should meet my friend, Kathy." He looked up at her and said, "We heard about HER! She's the Terminator Lady!" Honest! True story.

I found this to be a perfectly civil, helpful, non-political discussion on a perfectly legitimate topic for innkeepers as small business owners who don't have healthcare provided by a big company. :cheers:
But there only 4 people on this forum I'm literally afraid of, and two of them are Joey Bloggs and EmptyNest. I'm therefore wisely shutting my trap on the subject of innkeepers' health insurance!.
Oh Arkie...don't be afraid of me
wink_smile.gif

But you will have JB to contend with in person one day real soon.
devil_smile.gif

I found this to be a perfectly civil, helpful, non-political discussion on a perfectly legitimate topic for innkeepers as small business owners who don't have healthcare provided by a big company. :cheers:
But there only 4 people on this forum I'm literally afraid of, and two of them are Joey Bloggs and EmptyNest. I'm therefore wisely shutting my trap on the subject of innkeepers' health insurance!.
Arkansawyer said:
But there only 4 people on this forum I'm literally afraid of, and two of them are Joey Bloggs and EmptyNest. I'm therefore wisely shutting my trap on the subject of innkeepers' health insurance!
What the!
I didn't know...ready or not here I come
cry_smile.gif

wink_smile.gif

devil_smile.gif

EmptyNest said:
wink_smile.gif

devil_smile.gif
Yes, and since you know Innkeep and know I am the old fat one, will only have to figure out JB & Ice.

Does anyone else plan to just pay the fine? That's my plan. I have no interest in this. I'm not saying I'm invincible and I do realize anything can happen - at any time. But I haven' t had health care insurance in ten years. I've been to the Dr maybe three times in those ten years, only to get my thyroid rechecked...a very minimal expense. I just have no desire to pay probably $250-300 a month (for just me...although I'm guessing ~ I have no idea how much it will cost) for the rare times I need to see a Dr. I'll take my chances..
LOL, I've been without coverage unless my work had it as a benefit, and I was covered for years. I'm one of those -knock on wood- healthy people who can count one one hand doctor visits, but I was so glad to have family coverage because without it we would have had hard times indeed. I intend to sign up ASAP as luck doesn't always hold, and as we all know here, Murphy has a way of walking in without knocking.
I would as this is how my mother had her stroke - never got sick never went to the doctors, if she had then they would have caught the fact her heart wasn't beating properly which was thickening her blood, her blood pressure was sky high and cholesterol was also through the roof.
Worked in the UK for a bit. (enjoyed Life On Mars - that was near the era) Still have my Nat'l Health # somewhere.

Back