I don't want that

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ironing? I think you can find a way to stop that and still keep revenues where they are now.
Here's how I go wrinkle-free without ironing:
  • Comphy sheets +
  • Enough pads on the mattress that bottom sheet pulls tight tight tight +
  • A foot board with the mattress snugged tight against it. This lets me tuck the duvet down at the foot of the bed so it's pulled, you guessed it, tight tight tight.
I think it was Innkeep who commented on this when she stayed at my place. If you make it where you can pull everything tight, and use microfiber sheets, you won't see wrinkles. No iron needed.
Now you're about to disrespect microfiber sheets and say there may be a hair caught in them. I can only say that I've been using them over a year now, with high year-round occupancy, and they have been wonderful. I haven't had problems with hairs. I watch for them, and if I see one (very rare), I make it go away. MUCH easier than ironing!
Next we'll discuss humidity and the real value of air conditioning....
As a woman of a certain age I hate microfiber. I need cold, crisp cotton. All year.
And it really doesn't matter if I'm ironing or doing my nails, go away and leave me alone until 3 pm!
Like jb says, "you don't get into the store until it opens."
And, I hate A/C also. We're not getting split systems so it's noisy and cold blowing directly on me. I am miserable with the air on. But then we're back to that woman of a certain age thing. ;-)
Madeleine said:
As a woman of a certain age I hate microfiber. I need cold, crisp cotton. All year.
And it really doesn't matter if I'm ironing or doing my nails, go away and leave me alone until 3 pm!
And, I hate A/C also. We're not getting split systems so it's noisy and cold blowing directly on me. I am miserable with the air on. But then we're back to that woman of a certain age thing. ;-)
Response expected and accepted. As one who loves microfiber and A/C, my sympathy that your Yankee ways and stubbornness make life harder than it needs to be ;-)
Think of it this way: you get to feel sorry me that I'm suffering with un-done nails, wrinkle free unironed sheets, time on my hands, and dry 73 degree air!
What I really need are employees. If I had good ones, who did all the work, I'd be the lady of leisure I was born to be.
Alas.
Anyhoo, there are no guests in my dining room right now so I have to go sweep up this morning's crumbs...
Madeleine said:
Anyhoo, there are no guests in my dining room right now so I have to go sweep up this morning's crumbs...
Hmmm. I don't know if you're a hugger, but, alphabetically, Gillum, Ice, Innkeep, and JB, told me it's OK, so I'd offer you one right now, just because...

Ironing? I think you can find a way to stop that and still keep revenues where they are now.
Here's how I go wrinkle-free without ironing:
  • Comphy sheets +
  • Enough pads on the mattress that bottom sheet pulls tight tight tight +
  • A foot board with the mattress snugged tight against it. This lets me tuck the duvet down at the foot of the bed so it's pulled, you guessed it, tight tight tight.
I think it was Innkeep who commented on this when she stayed at my place. If you make it where you can pull everything tight, and use microfiber sheets, you won't see wrinkles. No iron needed.
Now you're about to disrespect microfiber sheets and say there may be a hair caught in them. I can only say that I've been using them over a year now, with high year-round occupancy, and they have been wonderful. I haven't had problems with hairs. I watch for them, and if I see one (very rare), I make it go away. MUCH easier than ironing!
Next we'll discuss humidity and the real value of air conditioning....
Madeleine said:
Response expected and accepted. As one who loves microfiber and A/C, my sympathy that your Yankee ways and stubbornness make life harder than it needs to be ;-)
Think of it this way: you get to feel sorry me that I'm suffering with un-done nails, wrinkle free unironed sheets, time on my hands, and dry 73 degree air!
What I really need are employees. If I had good ones, who did all the work, I'd be the lady of leisure I was born to be.
Alas.
Madeleine said:
Hmmm. I don't know if you're a hugger, but, alphabetically, Gillum, Ice, Innkeep, and JB, told me it's OK, so I'd offer you one right now, just because...
Arks said:
Madeleine said:
I love a good hug! But, generally speaking? No, I'm more of a porcupine. It's tough in this biz to be an introvert.
Thanks for the e-hug. Much appreciated.

I am not a fan of microfiber either. I did try one set for about a month and had more complaints than compliments. Hair was also a pain to deal with.

I only iron pillow cases and use the steam feature on my drier to remove wrinkles prior to folding. I agree that the more taunt you can make the bed, the less you will have need to iron. And full disclosure - at times I do need to iron the top portion of the flat sheet, but do not make it a priority.

People have commented on the crisp look to the bed so it is a keeper in my book.
A/C - very hard to live without, but given the right location I do love fresh air! Very RARE here!
wink_smile.gif

I am not a fan of microfiber either. I did try one set for about a month and had more complaints than compliments. Hair was also a pain to deal with.

I only iron pillow cases and use the steam feature on my drier to remove wrinkles prior to folding. I agree that the more taunt you can make the bed, the less you will have need to iron. And full disclosure - at times I do need to iron the top portion of the flat sheet, but do not make it a priority.

People have commented on the crisp look to the bed so it is a keeper in my book.
A/C - very hard to live without, but given the right location I do love fresh air! Very RARE here!
wink_smile.gif
Copperhead said:
I am not a fan of microfiber either. I did try one set for about a month and had more complaints than compliments.
Fifteen months, never had a complaint. On the contrary, I sell a few sets of Comphy sheets/month, at a decent markup. How many sets do you non-microfiber users sell?

sorry about this! yes, they will come to the door and downstairs windows, up the fire escape decking, and in those windows. crazy folks live and vaca up your way. 'you're a business, how can you not answer the door?! '

I emailed to get the status of an online order I places. Their reply (which was speedy I will add) said this at the tail end of it:
"If you need the items sooner than that, we do offer a $50 rush fee that would expedite your order to print within the week if you need. If you have any further questions, or are interested in rushing the order, please let me know!"
So there ya go, if a guest wants a rush check in, they can pay the "rush fee of $50". They only want in early to get their money's worth, so talk their language and see what happens.

wink_smile.gif
Copperhead said:
I am not a fan of microfiber either. I did try one set for about a month and had more complaints than compliments.
Fifteen months, never had a complaint. On the contrary, I sell a few sets of Comphy sheets/month, at a decent markup. How many sets do you non-microfiber users sell?
Arks said:
Copperhead said:
None, Dear, I am not a store and do not want to be.

wink_smile.gif
Copperhead said:
Arks said:
Copperhead said:
gillumhouse said:
Sure you're a store. Your products are just beds and breakfasts and weddings!
I also sell a few logo mugs and glasses over on aisle 3. ;-)

wink_smile.gif
Copperhead said:
Arks said:
Copperhead said:
gillumhouse said:
Sure you're a store. Your products are just beds and breakfasts and weddings!
I also sell a few logo mugs and glasses over on aisle 3. ;-)
OK, you got me!!

Back