National Country Inn Bed and Breakfast Day is October 5

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just let us know when you want us to send you our "donation" of whatever we said we would donate (goods or otherwise). And any other information, ifyou have a set format for it:
Inn name
Location (city)
Website URL
Short description.
Thank you, JB. Working on getting a PO Box open. Hinges on waiting, waiting for venue to confirm. If no, then I've to float backup plan to radio guy. Meantime, I've started #BBInnDay on Twitter, FB. As there's a need to keep most of planning private, I can't post much on it. Never used # and don't quite get them? Anyway, hurry up and wait it's been lately.
On the legal end of things, I've spoken with FL Small Biz at local office and long story shortened, I'm not allowed to conduct a raffle but I can collect items given to the cause and sell them, baskets of merchandise to promote the day, artists and I was going to donate a small % to a humane group. That said, I won't be able to collect raffle $ to defray costs as I'd hoped (I'd need a gambling lic) but will have to lean on 98% of my own $ to throw this event. So-o, if it is okay with inn folk that I put a small price on their gifts, would that be okay with innkeepers? It'll be about a buck or so. I might pull in $10 - $50 for the event but the idea is to promote the Day, Film, Charity not to make a killing off it. Are you all okay with that? They need not do anything re: this. It falls on me to show IRS. Or if it comes to this, I'll just give collected merchandise as giveaways FOC. That won't make any $ at all but it would be the least hassle.
Would it be legal to do a Chinese Auction? What you would be selling is tickets. The buyers of the tickets put their tickets in a container in front of the prize they WANT. Draw ticket to see who gets it (highest bid?). It is not a raffle where they are competing with everyone who bought a ticket.

Just let us know when you want us to send you our "donation" of whatever we said we would donate (goods or otherwise). And any other information, ifyou have a set format for it:
Inn name
Location (city)
Website URL
Short description.
Thank you, JB. Working on getting a PO Box open. Hinges on waiting, waiting for venue to confirm. If no, then I've to float backup plan to radio guy. Meantime, I've started #BBInnDay on Twitter, FB. As there's a need to keep most of planning private, I can't post much on it. Never used # and don't quite get them? Anyway, hurry up and wait it's been lately.
On the legal end of things, I've spoken with FL Small Biz at local office and long story shortened, I'm not allowed to conduct a raffle but I can collect items given to the cause and sell them, baskets of merchandise to promote the day, artists and I was going to donate a small % to a humane group. That said, I won't be able to collect raffle $ to defray costs as I'd hoped (I'd need a gambling lic) but will have to lean on 98% of my own $ to throw this event. So-o, if it is okay with inn folk that I put a small price on their gifts, would that be okay with innkeepers? It'll be about a buck or so. I might pull in $10 - $50 for the event but the idea is to promote the Day, Film, Charity not to make a killing off it. Are you all okay with that? They need not do anything re: this. It falls on me to show IRS. Or if it comes to this, I'll just give collected merchandise as giveaways FOC. That won't make any $ at all but it would be the least hassle.
Would it be legal to do a Chinese Auction? What you would be selling is tickets. The buyers of the tickets put their tickets in a container in front of the prize they WANT. Draw ticket to see who gets it (highest bid?). It is not a raffle where they are competing with everyone who bought a ticket.
Thanks for the suggestion, Gillumhouse! Great idea and it makes sense to me. Now to see if FL regs and PTB agree. I'll get with my Small Biz rep after the holiday and see what he says. That would be helpful if it worked. Thanks again. Appreciate it!

Inn name
Location (city)
Website URL
Short description.
Thanks for the suggestion, Gillumhouse! Great idea and it makes sense to me. Now to see if FL regs and PTB agree. I'll get with my Small Biz rep after the holiday and see what he says. That would be helpful if it worked. Thanks again. Appreciate it!
Hope it works.

Hurry up and wait. :-/ Well, with that and the holiday and waiting to hear confirm, a week's passed by. So, the latest is inn venue is just not getting back. Seemed all interested and then, nada. But I've moved on. Radio interviewer found a poshy restaurant that would love to have us and a mystery book store is thinking about it. Not locations at top of list but they seem welcoming. Hmm?
whatchutalkingabout_smile.gif
Restaurant has nice frontage in plaza with passersby and beautiful interior, Bookstore has tie in with a TV program. And Professional Inn keeping person is waiting to hear from director. So, we're still kickin'. ASA I get location locked down, I can get on with planning. Being on tight budget, I can't invest $ until I have location. Then I have something to build on. So please hold onto those donations. Thank you. More soon.

A little update on Country Inn, B&B Day -
* Radio personality returned required info to Gen. Mgr. of venue inn so radio is confirmed. Just waiting to hear from PTB for inn venue to confirm.
* A huge bibliophile community is posting shout out in mo. newsletter about you/me/we and B&B Day. Her site caters to writers, readers, authors...biblios who generally love hammocks, cozy reading nooks, places to inn-joy books hence more promo.
* I'm active on FB, Twitter etc. keeping the pages, posts buzzing. I've joined a few biz sites to welcome them in. Over-lapping is great for businesses to be discovered.
* A huge Professional Association for Owners and Innkeepers is checking us out (gave up courting them a year ago and viola, they got with me)! And I'm out hither, dither and yon, posting, talking, writing, waiting with and for any who will listen. lol
Thank you Swirt for your book cover blurb and for welcoming me in long ago. JBloggs, Shellie for getting the shout out posted here and things started. (Might be one of the reasons Association contacted me). Gillum House for contribution and support, the rest of you innkeepers, hosts who've written, posted, welcomed me here. Cheers! Now let's go get 'em!.
Let us know if InnRewards can help you out in anyway.

Try www.Rally.org Look under B&B Inn Day 2016. I shortened it to make it easier to find as the site doesn't seem the friendliest to use. They had my page as not approved yet it was. Support may not be the best there. Anyway, not to look a gift horse in the yap, it is somewhat free to use Rally. Thing is if peeps can't access it, free isn't free. ;-). Still can't paste link to a post here. I imagine that's the way it is set up.
Please, please, please head over there in your down time and click, poke, post, opine whatever. Not much activity there and the buzz is really important. If my precious inn-thusiasts aren't enthused (spl) then who should be. Borrowing from a famous beer slogan, This Day's for you...and for mde. For us! Inn-joy much!
I'll look at your rewards program and see what I can see. I'm one person doing all this. As innkeepers I'm sure you don't know what that's like. <Ducking tomatos> LOL

Hmm? Tried to paste link to the event's Rally page but it's not taking. Anyway, so far we're on Facebook. Look for "We Rally for B&B Country and Boutique Inns and Lodging" page, post. Gang, we need hits, look sees, activity or the effort dies. Do what you can, post thumbs up, etc. The all important and necessary buzz. Again, I tried C&Ping but it's not taking.
Gillum House, Claiborne, Swirt, JBloggs...are any of you handy with photo stuff? I'm not and still working shout outs etc. I know you have innkeeping responsibilities but when you've a few mins., can you do a 4 section photo of your properties. JB, if you don't have an inn, pick someone who does and include their photo. Total must be size of 500 gifs, pgs, pegs...whatever they call those things or more. lol There will be a revolving photo up there. Not auto but I will go in and update photos. Innkeepers who are interested get with a few other properties and place 4 pics to an entry so we'll see the four properties on the Rally page. Very inexpensive promo. Hope this makes sense.

Inn name
Location (city)
Website URL
Short description.
Coming Soon, JB. Wanted to make sure I've location locked down before I invest in PO Box. Hoping by this coming Monday I'll have time to get to PO and open one. ;-) Hang onto those gifties, gang.
Gonna try to post donation photos or give shout outs on social media. I want offers to let me know if they'd rather not. However, their inns' names would get out there. ;-)
Could us a direct link to innrewards concept, rules, regs so I can read up on it and understand it. Anyone have that? Searched by couldn't find what it is. Thanks! If it's on here somewhere, bonk me on the head and send me the link.

Inn name
Location (city)
Website URL
Short description.
Coming Soon, JB. Wanted to make sure I've location locked down before I invest in PO Box. Hoping by this coming Monday I'll have time to get to PO and open one. ;-) Hang onto those gifties, gang.
Gonna try to post donation photos or give shout outs on social media. I want offers to let me know if they'd rather not. However, their inns' names would get out there. ;-)
Could us a direct link to innrewards concept, rules, regs so I can read up on it and understand it. Anyone have that? Searched by couldn't find what it is. Thanks! If it's on here somewhere, bonk me on the head and send me the link.
TinaC said:
Hello, you can email me at [email protected] and we can see what we can do for you. We would be happy to help if we can. Or send me your phone number and I can give you a call.
Thank you!

Inn name
Location (city)
Website URL
Short description.
TinaC said:
Hello, you can email me at [email protected] and we can see what we can do for you. We would be happy to help if we can. Or send me your phone number and I can give you a call.
Thank you!
Thanks HB! I'll e-mail you when I get to my page. :)

Haven't fallen off face of the earth but have been placing FB ad, posting on Twitter, FB, conferring w/Small Biz person at office getting advice etc.
Well, there were plenty of hits/look sees to the ads and posts. There def. is interest in the Day but other than you folks, myself, there were no offers for assistance from PAII even though the clerk passed along info to admin. They just never replied. B&B Inns in the area did not either. A simple, "No, we cannot," would've let me know to move on. A few strung along and then in the end, faded off.
The restaurants were more accommodating but then there are large insurance fees, permit costs etc. to hold an event at these places. Though it was good of them to offer to host us.
Then SB guy said with the giveaways, (Gillum House had excellent idea) I would still have to cover my back w/gift even if they were giveaways. He advised no consumable products or creams, lotions, shampoo products and the like. Books by authors have to have a disclaimer with them and so on. All the above out of reach with my budget.
Where it leaves me...I might just go to radio studio and do a two hour thing there where we could still have call ins. I'll get with the few of you who have offered chotchkis and give you first dibs on call in slots. If I even hold the event. (I won't accept merchandise if we do not have the event). I need to get w/radio guy and see what he's going to charge for the broadcast. If he even wants to do it w/out the larger event that was planned. Seems there's a lot of time and energy going to the presidential campaign which has people busy with that.
So, I will see where my radio guy is with all this and get back with outcome. On the up side of things, A Savannah, GA production co. is looking at my one feature length B&B, inn related screenplay. I might have to give up one for the pan but thegood thing is they may make the movie out of it. And another source who would be more the budget person took particulars and will let me know etc. The latter more desirable as I could still make the movie with my cast & crew and have more control over the creative things. The former would be more nickel and dime stuff. I will let you know how all shakes out. Later.

We're On for Country Inn, B&B Day. I came early one morn, drafted whole update and boom, I lost that work. Had to leave site to get some sleep. Anyway, we're still celebrating the Day, Oct. 2nd. but different from original plans. Ran/running a FB ad, Twitter page, feed. This is Your Day so feel free to head over to the B&B Inn Day Oct 2 page and post a wave, hello what ever U like. Pop up your property's link, tell us about you, Inn rewards, offer discounts whatever you like. Let's keep the thread/page going so the world learns about you and your property and the inn-dustry.
I'll get back & forth with Twitter link and FB page. This is all I was able to do this year (on my low-no budget), folks. Other than a few of you who made generous offers of donated goods and support, well-- Oh, yeah, there were oooo's and ahhhs and all manner of kudos (surprisingly mostly from the organization staffs). Another surprise was that the restaurant industry came thru more than other. But it was not enough to help curb costs etc. So, I did the best I could.
And here we are. Best laid plans of mice and-- Then there's a hurricane heading here so chances are there would've been more $, planning, work gone to heck with the storm. Hopefully it will keep downgrading and blow out to the Atlantic. That's what I'm hoping for most right now. Okay, I'll be back with link and page. Thanks!

We're On for Country Inn, B&B Day. I came early one morn, drafted whole update and boom, I lost that work. Had to leave site to get some sleep. Anyway, we're still celebrating the Day, Oct. 2nd. but different from original plans. Ran/running a FB ad, Twitter page, feed. This is Your Day so feel free to head over to the B&B Inn Day Oct 2 page and post a wave, hello what ever U like. Pop up your property's link, tell us about you, Inn rewards, offer discounts whatever you like. Let's keep the thread/page going so the world learns about you and your property and the inn-dustry.
I'll get back & forth with Twitter link and FB page. This is all I was able to do this year (on my low-no budget), folks. Other than a few of you who made generous offers of donated goods and support, well-- Oh, yeah, there were oooo's and ahhhs and all manner of kudos (surprisingly mostly from the organization staffs). Another surprise was that the restaurant industry came thru more than other. But it was not enough to help curb costs etc. So, I did the best I could.
And here we are. Best laid plans of mice and-- Then there's a hurricane heading here so chances are there would've been more $, planning, work gone to heck with the storm. Hopefully it will keep downgrading and blow out to the Atlantic. That's what I'm hoping for most right now. Okay, I'll be back with link and page. Thanks!.
FB page title, header doesn't seem to want to post. Well, just look for Country Inn, Bed & Breakfast Day Oct 2. Also try, Bed & Breakfast, Inn Day. Either should take you to the site. Post photos of your property, food dishes, note your giveaways if any. Tell the world about your inn, B&B. What makes staying at your property special. It's comp'd, no strings. You're free to advert anything B&B, Inn related.
The Twitter link is oops, that doesn't want to post either. Oh, well, look for CountryInnDBSeries and post away. Send me a photo and I'll try to get it up on a revolving thumbnail.
P. S. - I looked for an edit button to change to correct date but couldn't locate one. It is Sunday, Oct. 2, 2016.

And here we are. Best laid plans of mice and-- Then there's a hurricane heading here so chances are there would've been more $, planning, work gone to heck with the storm. Hopefully it will keep downgrading and blow out to the Atlantic. That's what I'm hoping for most right now. Okay, I'll be back with link and page. Thanks!.
FB page title, header doesn't seem to want to post. Well, just look for Country Inn, Bed & Breakfast Day Oct 2. Also try, Bed & Breakfast, Inn Day. Either should take you to the site. Post photos of your property, food dishes, note your giveaways if any. Tell the world about your inn, B&B. What makes staying at your property special. It's comp'd, no strings. You're free to advert anything B&B, Inn related.
The Twitter link is oops, that doesn't want to post either. Oh, well, look for CountryInnDBSeries and post away. Send me a photo and I'll try to get it up on a revolving thumbnail.
P. S. - I looked for an edit button to change to correct date but couldn't locate one. It is Sunday, Oct. 2, 2016.
I promised some coffees and fell off the Earth on you. So IF you want to do a Give-away of 4 coffees, you will have them give you name, address, and e-mail. I will send them the coffee list, they pick 4 countries, and I will send them. This way there is only one postage involved.

I promised some coffees and fell off the Earth on you. So IF you want to do a Give-away of 4 coffees, you will have them give you name, address, and e-mail. I will send them the coffee list, they pick 4 countries, and I will send them. This way there is only one postage involved.
Totally understood and thanks so much for the offer, Gillumhouse. I'm going to offer it up tomorrow and we'll go from there. I'll see if I can find a nice photo of yours to pop up on the feeds. That okay?
Got the one of the kitchen. Looks so inviting. ;-)

Happy Country Inn, Bed & Breakfast Day innkeepers, hosts, fans and of course, your wonderful properties...thankfully, many near roads less traveled. Some with cozy nooks for reading fave books. Warm hospitality and great breakfasts. Some allowing little kids and the four footed varieties. Who says we can't go home again?! And we don't have to do dishes! You are amazing. Thank you!

Tina, did you know the Facebook group is a closed group?
I was trying to find another fb page, and this was the only one, so this must be the one you are using. It is closed, so people can't see what is posted there.

I was trying to find another fb page, and this was the only one, so this must be the one you are using. It is closed, so people can't see what is posted there..
Nuts! Not sure why the other one didn't come up?? There are two pages, JB. One closed group, the other open to all. I Just left there...tired. I'll repost page title as a link doesn't show, just page name or title. Page is still open and I noted that as such so anyone can go in anytime. I'll see if I can get proper title posted here for those on west coast or any time peeps. Sorry about that. Don't know what happened??
Anyway, FB ad I ran did great. Over 1,600 posts, look-sees targeted to responsible demo. A good thing.

Totally understood and thanks so much for the offer, Gillumhouse. I'm going to offer it up tomorrow and we'll go from there. I'll see if I can find a nice photo of yours to pop up on the feeds. That okay?
Got the one of the kitchen. Looks so inviting. ;-)
GillumHouse, we have a winner but now it's up to him to accept and send me contact info. If no, should we just drop it or pick a runner up?

I was trying to find another fb page, and this was the only one, so this must be the one you are using. It is closed, so people can't see what is posted there..
Nuts! Not sure why the other one didn't come up?? There are two pages, JB. One closed group, the other open to all. I Just left there...tired. I'll repost page title as a link doesn't show, just page name or title. Page is still open and I noted that as such so anyone can go in anytime. I'll see if I can get proper title posted here for those on west coast or any time peeps. Sorry about that. Don't know what happened??
Anyway, FB ad I ran did great. Over 1,600 posts, look-sees targeted to responsible demo. A good thing.
Okay, title of page is Happy B&B, Inn Day-10/2 Just type that in FB field at top and it should take one in to discussion.
Hope it works right. Not too late to post. Have innkeepers post name of property, link/web addy, discounts etc. Work it, baby.
thumbs_up.gif

Back