Next project - mattress protectors

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We've used these for years and they make no noise and are waterproof. Sign up for a wholesale account. You won't believe how inexpensive they are!
Mattress encasements.
Breakfast Diva said:
We've used these for years and they make no noise and are waterproof. Sign up for a wholesale account. You won't believe how inexpensive they are!
Mattress encasements
I'm bummed. I signed up and I can get the same thing on Amazon for half price. The guy on the phone even told me I could not resell on Amazon because they had an agreement with a wholesaler.
What do you see for your wholesale price for the queen premium?
for 9"-12" queen premium bb encasement it's $33.42. For classicplus it's $29.01
How do those prices compare with the others you're looking at?
Breakfast Diva said:
My price is $99.95! Amazon is $49.95 for the same one. InnStyle is $48 retail.
Did you ask him for wholesale or hospitality rates? If you want to order through my account, just let me know.
Ok. The link in the email he sent took me to the retail page. Going thru the website myself I got the wholesale page. All set. Thanks!
I'll ask around town if anyone wants to go in on it with me to get free shipping.

Mattress encasements.
Breakfast Diva said:
Mattress encasements
I'm bummed. I signed up and I can get the same thing on Amazon for half price. The guy on the phone even told me I could not resell on Amazon because they had an agreement with a wholesaler.
I just ordered 1 king and 2 queen premium of your brand from A (no shipping cost) for $94.85 total.
gillumhouse said:
I just ordered 1 king and 2 queen premium of your brand from A (no shipping cost) for $94.85 total.
Same company! How did you get the lower price?
I should have said same brand - Sa fe Re st. I just did a Goo on mattress protectors and clicked on A. That brand was one that popped up on their list. I checked BD's link to be sure (and then I checked my invoice to be certain I had the right version. Q = 29.95 and the K = 34.95 and since it was over $35 ship free if I took slow-boat option.
http://www.amazon.com/SafeRest-Hypoallergenic-Waterproof-Mattress-Protector/dp/B003PWNH4Q/ref=pd_sim_201_1?ie=UTF8&dpID=51PRnheTMAL&dpSrc=sims&preST=_AC_UL160_SR160%2C160_&refRID=1184624BE1B1K29RFCHH
I want the zippered ones. The specs on that one say it's the fitted sheet style. That explains that price difference!
READ THE FINE PRINT, STUPID! (me, sigh)

Mattress encasements.
Breakfast Diva said:
Mattress encasements
Breakfast Diva said:
Did you ask him for wholesale or hospitality rates? If you want to order through my account, just let me know.
Ok. The link in the email he sent took me to the retail page. Going thru the website myself I got the wholesale page. All set. Thanks!
I'll ask around town if anyone wants to go in on it with me to get free shipping.
Morticia said:
Whew, glad that's straightened out. We also use their mattress protectors. They're soft, no crinkle sounds and they're waterproof.

Mattress encasements.
Breakfast Diva said:
Mattress encasements
Breakfast Diva said:
Morticia said:
Whew, glad that's straightened out. We also use their mattress protectors. They're soft, no crinkle sounds and they're waterproof.
Breakfast Diva said:
Morticia said:
Are they washable?

Are the prices that y'all are quoting for the mattress AND box spring covers? I assume that both are needed? I've put this necessary evil off long enough, and really need to order some.

Are the prices that y'all are quoting for the mattress AND box spring covers? I assume that both are needed? I've put this necessary evil off long enough, and really need to order some..
BananaE29 said:
Are the prices that y'all are quoting for the mattress AND box spring covers? I assume that both are needed? I've put this necessary evil off long enough, and really need to order some.
The box spring cover is less by about $10-$12. You should have both. I have covers on the mattresses now but they are very noisy (think crinkly). I'll take those covers and put them on the box spring, where I don't have anything now. There are pillow covers, too, at around $7.75 for queen size.

Mattress encasements.
Breakfast Diva said:
Mattress encasements
Breakfast Diva said:
Morticia said:
Breakfast Diva said:
Morticia said:
Are they washable?
yes. And more importantly, they're dryable. They look & feel different than any I've seen in stores.

Mattress encasements.
Breakfast Diva said:
Mattress encasements
Breakfast Diva said:
Morticia said:
Breakfast Diva said:
Morticia said:
Are they washable?
yes. And more importantly, they're dryable. They look & feel different than any I've seen in stores.
Breakfast Diva said:
Would you say they run true to size? Larger? Smaller?
My mattresses are 9.5" (I called the manufacturer). So the 6-9" might not fit, or it might tear trying to zip and the 9-12" will be way too big.

Mattress encasements.
Breakfast Diva said:
Mattress encasements
Breakfast Diva said:
Morticia said:
Breakfast Diva said:
Morticia said:
Are they washable?
Breakfast Diva said:
My mattresses are 9.5" (I called the manufacturer). So the 6-9" might not fit, or it might tear trying to zip and the 9-12" will be way too big.
Morticia said:
Breakfast Diva said:
I'd go with the 6-9". They have a stretch and I think you'll be fine.

2 big boxes delivered, first batch in the washer and dryer. Will be flipping and encasing mattresses tomorrow. Report on how they are sized after that. They seem very well made thus far.

2 big boxes delivered, first batch in the washer and dryer. Will be flipping and encasing mattresses tomorrow. Report on how they are sized after that. They seem very well made thus far..
Mine came today. It will not go on until my dd & s-i-l come in about 2 weeks. They will put it on for me. King-size. I already encased one of the queens.

Three sides zippered! Easy to put on. The 6-9" covers are a bit loose on the 9" mattress. Love the terry cloth. The mattress topper is no longer sliding around.
Cons - they take forever to dry because you can't use high heat. Ran them around for an hour and the were still damp.

Three sides zippered! Easy to put on. The 6-9" covers are a bit loose on the 9" mattress. Love the terry cloth. The mattress topper is no longer sliding around.
Cons - they take forever to dry because you can't use high heat. Ran them around for an hour and the were still damp..
I hung the protectors on the clothesline - will do that with the encasement. Thanks.

Cons - they take forever to dry because you can't use high heat. Ran them around for an hour and the were still damp..
I hung the protectors on the clothesline - will do that with the encasement. Thanks.
Line dry - good idea. I almost just laid them out over the chairs. It's just the terry cloth that's damp.
Super quiet. No 'crinkly' noises anymore. Very happy.
Turns out all 4 covers I had on the mattresses were torn so this was perfect timing.

Line dry - good idea. I almost just laid them out over the chairs. It's just the terry cloth that's damp.
Turns out all 4 covers I had on the mattresses were torn so this was perfect timing.
Glad you like them!
thumbs_up.gif

Glad you like them!
thumbs_up.gif

Breakfast Diva said:
Glad you like them!
thumbs_up.gif
Thanks for the tip.
Couldn't get any takers around town so I ended up having to pay shipping. Still worked out to about $37 each. Much better than $49.99 + shipping on Amazon.

Glad you like them!
thumbs_up.gif

Breakfast Diva said:
Glad you like them!
thumbs_up.gif
Thanks for the tip.
Couldn't get any takers around town so I ended up having to pay shipping. Still worked out to about $37 each. Much better than $49.99 + shipping on Amazon.
The king was $54.95 but shipping if over $35 is free on Amaz.

Will have all of them replaced by the end of the weekend!
Got a new mattress set the other day and decided to swap the new one into a room that is very popular and put the year old one in the not so popular room.
The new set is 4" taller than the old set. My back is happy!
Every room has now been upgraded. Yippee!

Got a new mattress set the other day and decided to swap the new one into a room that is very popular and put the year old one in the not so popular room.
Every room has now been upgraded. Yippee!.
regular_smile.gif
heart.gif
thumbs_up.gif
YAY!

Every room has now been upgraded. Yippee!.
Whew...you made it...TVs and all!
thumbs_up.gif

Back