No one understands

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just to show how even people you talk to everyday, people who know your product, still don't get it, I was telling a friend how we had a guest call who wanted a room but didn't want to pay the rate.
Friend said - just put him in the room with the shared bath if he's so cheap.
We don't have ANY rooms with shared baths. If I can't impress this on people who are in my house on a regular basis how do I get that across to guests???
BTW, brother had a lovely time. Probably will never stay at any other B&B but least the only experience is not from a tv sitcom. He thought it was a riot that I served him breakfast..
Who still has shared baths?
I've had people review the house and say that there is a shared bath. Cannot imagine how they got that idea since it is incorrect.
TheBeachHouse said:
I've had people review the house and say that there is a shared bath. Cannot imagine how they got that idea since it is incorrect.
I have at least 4 reviews saying there is a shared bath. All reviews by guests who had en suite baths. Here's the logic - there is a bathroom in the hall, ergo, those other rooms all share that bathroom. Which is why we now close and lock that door. Everyone can assume it's a storage area.
Even so, if you did not have to share a bathroom, shut your bleeping mouth. Don't review something you know zero about.
Keeping in mind how people just have to talk about something they know nothing about, when I was joking with my brother over breakfast I told the entire dining room - he's my brother, I'm not so sarcastic with everyone else.
Just what I would need is someone saying I was picking on a guest at breakfast.
Keeping in mind how people just have to talk about something they know nothing about, when I was joking with my brother over breakfast I told the entire dining room - he's my brother, I'm not so sarcastic with everyone else.
My brother visited me from NC and all my guests, male and female, fell in love with him. He's that kind of guy. He'd eat in the kitchen and then go into the dining room where the guests were eating and just pull up a chair to one of the tables and start chatting. I was dying. They loved it! Look up the word charming in the dictionary and you'll find his picture. Great sense of humor, great story teller, and handsome to boot.
Country Girl said:
My brother visited me from NC and all my guests, male and female, fell in love with him. He's that kind of guy. He'd eat in the kitchen and then go into the dining room where the guests were eating and just pull up a chair to one of the tables and start chatting. I was dying. They loved it! Look up the word charming in the dictionary and you'll find his picture. Great sense of humor, great story teller, and handsome to boot.
And.......SINGLE?
wink_smile.gif

BananaE29 said:
Country Girl said:
And.......SINGLE?
wink_smile.gif
Yes, but not the marrying kind. Wandering eye. Got him in trouble the first time he married, and in almost every relationship since. Hard trying to steer my single girlfriends away from him, though, because he is so much FUN! He leaves a wake of broken-hearted women everywhere. He's always been the love'em then leave'em type.
devil_smile.gif

Country Girl said:
BananaE29 said:
Country Girl said:
And.......SINGLE?
wink_smile.gif
Yes, but not the marrying kind. Wandering eye. Got him in trouble the first time he married, and in almost every relationship since. Hard trying to steer my single girlfriends away from him, though, because he is so much FUN! He leaves a wake of broken-hearted women everywhere. He's always been the love'em then leave'em type.
devil_smile.gif
Well, you've made him sound extremely intriguing! LOL I'm not the marrying type either, but that's because I get bored so easily.

Just to show how even people you talk to everyday, people who know your product, still don't get it, I was telling a friend how we had a guest call who wanted a room but didn't want to pay the rate.
We don't have ANY rooms with shared baths. If I can't impress this on people who are in my house on a regular basis how do I get that across to guests???
BTW, brother had a lovely time. Probably will never stay at any other B&B but least the only experience is not from a tv sitcom. He thought it was a riot that I served him breakfast..
TheBeachHouse said:
I have at least 4 reviews saying there is a shared bath. All reviews by guests who had en suite baths. Here's the logic - there is a bathroom in the hall, ergo, those other rooms all share that bathroom. Which is why we now close and lock that door. Everyone can assume it's a storage area.
Even so, if you did not have to share a bathroom, shut your bleeping mouth. Don't review something you know zero about.
Country Girl said:
And.......SINGLE?
wink_smile.gif

BananaE29 said:
Country Girl said:
And.......SINGLE?
wink_smile.gif
devil_smile.gif

Country Girl said:
BananaE29 said:
Country Girl said:
And.......SINGLE?
wink_smile.gif
devil_smile.gif
Well, you've made him sound extremely intriguing! LOL I'm not the marrying type either, but that's because I get bored so easily.
Sounds to me like you and CG's brother should meet up! You would probably have a great time...not strings attached.
wink_smile.gif

TheBeachHouse said:
Country Girl said:
And.......SINGLE?
wink_smile.gif

BananaE29 said:
Country Girl said:
And.......SINGLE?
wink_smile.gif
devil_smile.gif

Country Girl said:
BananaE29 said:
Country Girl said:
And.......SINGLE?
wink_smile.gif
devil_smile.gif
Sounds to me like you and CG's brother should meet up! You would probably have a great time...not strings attached.
wink_smile.gif

Silverspoon said:
wink_smile.gif

I wasn't saying it - that would make me look..ahem...you know
wink_smile.gif
. But I can think it
regular_smile.gif

TheBeachHouse said:
Country Girl said:
And.......SINGLE?
wink_smile.gif

BananaE29 said:
Country Girl said:
And.......SINGLE?
wink_smile.gif
devil_smile.gif

Country Girl said:
BananaE29 said:
Country Girl said:
And.......SINGLE?
wink_smile.gif
devil_smile.gif
BananaE29 said:
Country Girl said:
BananaE29 said:
Country Girl said:
And.......SINGLE?
wink_smile.gif
devil_smile.gif
You may be a perfect match, at least for a few weeks. But in that time you could build a lifetime of fun memories!
thumbs_up.gif
We all need a little more fun in our lives!

Shared Bath! We have two of them. We post it right out front on our websites and OTA's. Those that don't mind book in with us. Those that do 'bye-bye". Difference may be, we only have three rooms with a total of 5 guests, so two baths goes a long way. Whenever possible avoid 5 guests at one time, I am retired after all. ;-) It doesn't seem to slow down our bookings at all. We get as much as we want.

TheBeachHouse said:
Country Girl said:
And.......SINGLE?
wink_smile.gif

BananaE29 said:
Country Girl said:
And.......SINGLE?
wink_smile.gif
devil_smile.gif

Country Girl said:
BananaE29 said:
Country Girl said:
And.......SINGLE?
wink_smile.gif
devil_smile.gif
BananaE29 said:
Country Girl said:
BananaE29 said:
Country Girl said:
And.......SINGLE?
wink_smile.gif
devil_smile.gif
You may be a perfect match, at least for a few weeks. But in that time you could build a lifetime of fun memories!
thumbs_up.gif
Country Girl said:
BananaE29 said:
Country Girl said:
BananaE29 said:
Country Girl said:
And.......SINGLE?
wink_smile.gif
devil_smile.gif
thumbs_up.gif
Guess add matchmaker to the list of what innkeepers do. Now this could work. You have your meet up a couple weeks before your off season ends and just when you both are getting tired of each other, the guests come pouring in and you are left busy taking care of them. He can entertain the guests while you do the cooking, etc. Then you both can fall back together in the lull until bang, here comes another wave of guests to take care of…. It will give you some help, fun to your life, inspiration to your daily life, etc… and keep you both from wandering away from each other!

Back