NO SHOWS

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just had a boo .com reservation. Ran the card for the full amount even though the reservation isn't until October. Noooope.
Boo now has a form you have to fill out on their admin extranet to tell them the card is no good. I find it annoying that *I* have to go through extra work because *they* won't pony up and pay for pre-authorizing credit cards..
PhineasSwann said:
Just had a boo .com reservation. Ran the card for the full amount even though the reservation isn't until October. Noooope.
Boo now has a form you have to fill out on their admin extranet to tell them the card is no good. I find it annoying that *I* have to go through extra work because *they* won't pony up and pay for pre-authorizing credit cards.
Latest in the saga: Booking had guest send me another card number. DECLINE. I've now wasted more time.
This is exactly why I don't deal with them or exp or hotels, etc. If I get a card that isn't valid, they instantly get an email saying they have until the next day to call me or I'll be cancelling and putting the reservation back into the system. Most times it's because they had a typo on the credit card and the error is fixed right away. I did have one lady who never called back and I cancelled her and sent a confirmation - done! My time is too valuable to deal with these issues.
I'm assuming that you're getting reservations midweek that you otherwise wouldn't fill and that's why you put up with this. I tried last year to use them to fill midweeks and got nothing. The other B&B in town using them puts all dates in there including weekends and foliage that's why they get so many bookings. But they are giving away money in my opinion because I'm always full those same weekends and foliage time and their midweeks don't fill up.
They certainly could do verification if they wanted too - being so big with so much revenue.

Boo now has a form you have to fill out on their admin extranet to tell them the card is no good. I find it annoying that *I* have to go through extra work because *they* won't pony up and pay for pre-authorizing credit cards..
PhineasSwann said:
Boo now has a form you have to fill out on their admin extranet to tell them the card is no good. I find it annoying that *I* have to go through extra work because *they* won't pony up and pay for pre-authorizing credit cards.
Latest in the saga: Booking had guest send me another card number. DECLINE. I've now wasted more time.
Ask BK to put up a warning on your reservations that says "Guests are required to show a photo identification and credit card upon check-in."
So far, that's been code for the scammers to just not bother with us. We had quite a few until that was added. For some reason, they just don't want to show a photo ID and the credit card made for the reservation :)
Oh and we call in Code 10 on the cards, so if they don't match data, they are cancelled. So we become the fastest way to shut down their scam.

PhineasSwann said:
Ask BK to put up a warning on your reservations that says "Guests are required to show a photo identification and credit card upon check-in."
So far, that's been code for the scammers to just not bother with us. We had quite a few until that was added. For some reason, they just don't want to show a photo ID and the credit card made for the reservation :)
Oh and we call in Code 10 on the cards, so if they don't match data, they are cancelled. So we become the fastest way to shut down their scam.
I just got a message from BK about how we should protect our customer data from scams and fraud. I sent a reply to them asking them to help protect their customers too. US! By establishing a system to validate the CC of each new reservation or to start taking payment as some of the other OTAs do.

It would be great if everyone that works with them would also send in this request. They forget that we too are their customer!

Latest posts

Back