North East Storm

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Predictions of another 2 feet of the stuff on Sunday. Yikes! Glad we're still closed..
Yes looks like you will get slammed again. Expecting rain here....with fingers crossed. Is Gomez back?
Silverspoon said:
Yes looks like you will get slammed again. Expecting rain here....with fingers crossed. Is Gomez back?
Thank goodness yes! He widened the sidewalks I shoveled by hand with the snow blower. So, no more '1 grandma wide' sidewalk. You can fit 2 grandmas side by side now. And the plow guy slammed the piled up snow back a couple of feet.

Yesterday was so mild--9 C--( 50 F ) but oh the wind! Gusts we're over 80 k ( about 50 mph). Melted all the ice on the walkways. Didn't nearly get the snow you folks got. It seems it landed all in New Brunswick and the west coast and central parts of the island. We don't have any snow on our lawns!

Predictions of another 2 feet of the stuff on Sunday. Yikes! Glad we're still closed..
Silverspoon said:
Thank goodness yes! He widened the sidewalks I shoveled by hand with the snow blower. So, no more '1 grandma wide' sidewalk. You can fit 2 grandmas side by side now. And the plow guy slammed the piled up snow back a couple of feet.
duplicate

Silverspoon said:
Looks like another biggy heading your way. We were 70 yesterday and expecting more of the same. If you saw my FB page you will see I picked a half dozen daffodils

Silverspoon said:
Glad to hear you have DH back, especially considering that the next big storm is on your heals. My DH is moping around, feeling worthless. This is the first time in his life he has had to hire help to clear the snow. I can shovel a little but am not built for much heavy duty lifting. So far just rain here for the day....tomorrow will bring 3"-5". Not too bad.

All of our guest got out before the mess moved in, snow, sleet, rain, slush, etc. No high wind yet. Right now it is calm, nothing happening….

We're getting about an inch an hour with no heavy winds in northernmost Vermont. I'm going skiing in the morning after serving breakfast. Shame it hit on Sunday night instead of Friday night -- I'd be full!

We're getting about an inch an hour with no heavy winds in northernmost Vermont. I'm going skiing in the morning after serving breakfast. Shame it hit on Sunday night instead of Friday night -- I'd be full!.
We'll go out snowshoeing on Tuesday. Tomorrow is cleanup day!

Northern New York here with 12-14 inches of beautiful snow. The first real storm this entire season. Mr. Figurehead is clearing the vehicles (second time) and the edges where our plowman doesn't get clean enough. It is a lovely landscape out there!

No. And also..NO.
This entire thread has made rethink New England. I think I'll concentrate my search in the south now.
Sun...sand...waves...palm trees. And no snow.
K, thanks for setting me straight everyone!
DRG

No. And also..NO.
This entire thread has made rethink New England. I think I'll concentrate my search in the south now.
DRG.
Not sure this is south enough, but we recently made a roadtrip south. We stayed at a B and B in Dunn North Carolina. It was the most magnificent mansion and a nice town.( great Barbeque) They do weddings and other events, and have A pool and beautiful grounds. They are also 1/2 way from Ny to Fla. It is called Simply Devine.... you can find them online and ask for Carmen! Can't say enough nice things. The library and woodwork is spectacular!

No. And also..NO.
DRG.
Not sure this is south enough, but we recently made a roadtrip south. We stayed at a B and B in Dunn North Carolina. It was the most magnificent mansion and a nice town.( great Barbeque) They do weddings and other events, and have A pool and beautiful grounds. They are also 1/2 way from Ny to Fla. It is called Simply Devine.... you can find them online and ask for Carmen! Can't say enough nice things. The library and woodwork is spectacular!
Is this a recommendation for accommodation or is it for sale?
DRG

No. And also..NO.
DRG.
DRG
Lol, We stayed here on our trip south, the owner Carmen told us after we returned home and said it is for sale! WEll worth the look.

No. And also..NO.
DRG.
DRG
Lol, We stayed here on our trip south, the owner Carmen told us after we returned home and said it is for sale! WEll worth the look.
Ohhhhhh. Ok, thank you! I'll check out their website for winter photos before I really look into it ;-)

No. And also..NO.
DRG.
SUN (blazing heat)......SAND (tracked in everywhere - and blowing)......Hurricanes (waves).....no snow but bugs
What I love about West Virginia is we have 4 seasons, some snow (they DO the Snow Dance in the mountains for the ski trade - I am in the foothills and WE measure snow in inches), gorgeous scenery, and extreme weather is rare. It is rarely uncomfortably hot, we get single digit temps just a few nights out of the year, and the area subject to flooding is about 100 miles or more from me. We are within 600 miles of most of the population east of the Mississippi so we are the "playground of the East". Culture, history, scenery, adventure - we have it all! (and there are a few really wonderful B& Bs for sale.
There is one in Fayetteville near the New River Gorge, biking/hiking trails, zip lines, State Parks, and the new Boy Scout camp that is a huge draw.

No. And also..NO.
DRG.
SUN (blazing heat)......SAND (tracked in everywhere - and blowing)......Hurricanes (waves).....no snow but bugs
What I love about West Virginia is we have 4 seasons, some snow (they DO the Snow Dance in the mountains for the ski trade - I am in the foothills and WE measure snow in inches), gorgeous scenery, and extreme weather is rare. It is rarely uncomfortably hot, we get single digit temps just a few nights out of the year, and the area subject to flooding is about 100 miles or more from me. We are within 600 miles of most of the population east of the Mississippi so we are the "playground of the East". Culture, history, scenery, adventure - we have it all! (and there are a few really wonderful B& Bs for sale.
There is one in Fayetteville near the New River Gorge, biking/hiking trails, zip lines, State Parks, and the new Boy Scout camp that is a huge draw.
Valid!
I'm currently in Texas, and I've lived in South India, so I'm none too bothered about the blazing sun. I'm not ruling out COASTAL Virginia :)
My search continues--I just had two inns get snapped up before I could even book a trip out to see them.

No. And also..NO.
DRG.
Valid!
I'm currently in Texas, and I've lived in South India, so I'm none too bothered about the blazing sun. I'm not ruling out COASTAL Virginia :)
My search continues--I just had two inns get snapped up before I could even book a trip out to see them.
was speaking to my bank today as they are funding my renovations next door they come periodically to check how we are spending the money - asked out of curiosity how b&B's are buying and selling
She said 14 applying, 12 going through purchase and 8 just starting the mortgage application process and that's with one mortgage officer at 1 building society.
interesting.

No. And also..NO.
DRG.
DRG
Ohhhhhh. Ok, thank you! I'll check out their website for winter photos before I really look into it ;-)
I didn't see any snow or ice in the pictures. Nice place.

Back