Organic Fruit Request

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We all knew it … the requests wouldn't end with the fruit and GF requests. Today he called and asked that my husband have everyone sing happy birthday to her at breakfast since it's her special day. There is no way in hell that I'm asking the other guests to all put down their forks and stop eating to sing this woman happy birthday. All I keep thinking of is the big giant moose that they used to have at Bugaboo Creek and the waitresses would all sing happy birthday and then the birthday girl/gal had to kiss the moose (what idiot came up with that germ spreading idea?) Perhaps he can just sing happy birthday to her himself that morning in bed!!.
OK, this cheapskate is trying to do a nice for his girlfriend of 10 years?!! on the cheap to prove he cares - but not enough to pay for anything himself - or more than he absolutely must - and it sure beats the heck out of a wedding.

We all knew it … the requests wouldn't end with the fruit and GF requests. Today he called and asked that my husband have everyone sing happy birthday to her at breakfast since it's her special day. There is no way in hell that I'm asking the other guests to all put down their forks and stop eating to sing this woman happy birthday. All I keep thinking of is the big giant moose that they used to have at Bugaboo Creek and the waitresses would all sing happy birthday and then the birthday girl/gal had to kiss the moose (what idiot came up with that germ spreading idea?) Perhaps he can just sing happy birthday to her himself that morning in bed!!.
OK, this cheapskate is trying to do a nice for his girlfriend of 10 years?!! on the cheap to prove he cares - but not enough to pay for anything himself - or more than he absolutely must - and it sure beats the heck out of a wedding.
I can't wait for a report back after he has gone
cry_smile.gif

I don't know. How hard is it to sing happy birthday as you deliver her breakfast? Makes the guests happy.
You don't have to engage the whole room, just the two of you. We would do it..
We actually do get that request. For us it's really simple and we are happy to do it. Since we already have a plan for it, it's easy to respond by saying, "We'll we not be able to get all the others involved, but we'll do something for her that you'll really like. when the time comes, we put a candle in something, grab the uke and give it the once over and pau.

I have put a candle in french toast...it is easy enough to do without a big commotion. Now when I stick a sparkler in it, they better be in a group (as there is a commotion but I feed off of it)
thumbs_up.gif

I have put a candle in french toast...it is easy enough to do without a big commotion. Now when I stick a sparkler in it, they better be in a group (as there is a commotion but I feed off of it)
thumbs_up.gif
I thought I was doing a nice thing by putting a birthday candle in a muffin one morning. Quickly learned that I should let the muffin cool off first. LOL Poor thing was eating around the melted wax. Ooops
omg_smile.gif

Checked on the guests at the table to see how everything is just after delivering the main course, he said "On our reservation we requested eggs"
On the area in rezkey that asks about dietary restrictions he wrote "we love eggs", we often have people say something similar "we love all breakfast foods" as we mention our dishes all have eggs in them.
We actually did have scrambled eggs yesterday as part of the main course, but ya know dude, one night stay - arrive 10pm - saved $10 booking online and you tell us what you are having for breakfast, really?

Checked on the guests at the table to see how everything is just after delivering the main course, he said "On our reservation we requested eggs"
On the area in rezkey that asks about dietary restrictions he wrote "we love eggs", we often have people say something similar "we love all breakfast foods" as we mention our dishes all have eggs in them.
We actually did have scrambled eggs yesterday as part of the main course, but ya know dude, one night stay - arrive 10pm - saved $10 booking online and you tell us what you are having for breakfast, really?.
1551484_4633018240400_6844348429413562741_n.jpg

We actually did have scrambled eggs yesterday as part of the main course, but ya know dude, one night stay - arrive 10pm - saved $10 booking online and you tell us what you are having for breakfast, really?.
thumbs_down.gif
just because you love eggs doesn't mean we're serving eggs today. double
thumbs_down.gif
thumbs_down.gif

Ridiculous -- I often get "we love pancakes", etc. but that doesn't mean I'm serving them that day. If you arrive when it's an egg day, instead of a sweet day, then you're out of luck. In the past month I've also gotten the following:
1. I love local craft beers -- as if I should go out and buy him some and have them in the main fridge when he arrives.
2. When traveling, I prefer to drink iced tea. I have coffee, tea and a variety of sodas in the dining area refrigerator. If you want ice tea, then you can stop by the local store and buy the bottles that you like.
Organic fruit man is scheduled to arrive anytime, I'll update tomorrow.

I love stacks of free $100 bills.

I love stacks of free $100 bills.
lightbulb.gif

So my special guest just arrived and yes we should have cancelled his reservation. Hubby acknowledged that they are eating GF and then she started with the list of other items that bother her, including soy. I told hubby to tell her that I couldn't guarantee that there wasn't soy in anything as it's in almost everything. She said to just worry about the gluten.
Got them to their room where Mr. I Want A Discount For One Night and was told no, then read the sign-in sheet and saw that checkout is at 11am which he knew when he booked. He said he'd get his stuff out by 11am but that they had planned to stay until 3pm. Hubby told him that he wouldn't come knocking at exactly 11am, but that checkout is shortly thereafter - basically told him NO! He signed sheet acknowledging that there are late checkout fees after 11:30am. We'll see. What a joy.
He's getting honeydew melon and blueberries (not organic either of them) with a ginger lime sauce tomorrow and GF waffles of my own mix. Thank goodness it's just one night. Other rooms are all super nice, so perhaps that makes him stick out more.

So my special guest just arrived and yes we should have cancelled his reservation. Hubby acknowledged that they are eating GF and then she started with the list of other items that bother her, including soy. I told hubby to tell her that I couldn't guarantee that there wasn't soy in anything as it's in almost everything. She said to just worry about the gluten.
Got them to their room where Mr. I Want A Discount For One Night and was told no, then read the sign-in sheet and saw that checkout is at 11am which he knew when he booked. He said he'd get his stuff out by 11am but that they had planned to stay until 3pm. Hubby told him that he wouldn't come knocking at exactly 11am, but that checkout is shortly thereafter - basically told him NO! He signed sheet acknowledging that there are late checkout fees after 11:30am. We'll see. What a joy.
He's getting honeydew melon and blueberries (not organic either of them) with a ginger lime sauce tomorrow and GF waffles of my own mix. Thank goodness it's just one night. Other rooms are all super nice, so perhaps that makes him stick out more..
Holy cow! They planned to stay until 3? Without bothering to ask?
Wow!

He's getting honeydew melon and blueberries (not organic either of them) with a ginger lime sauce tomorrow and GF waffles of my own mix. Thank goodness it's just one night. Other rooms are all super nice, so perhaps that makes him stick out more..
Take deeeeep breath."They come, they stay, they go away". Be extra polite, but very firm and they will be gone before you know.

BTW, even my mother is rolling her eyes over this.

Holy cow! They planned to stay until 3? Without bothering to ask?
Wow!
We had this once before and the guy gave us a 3 review because he said "If I pay almost $300 for a room, I should be allowed to get my stuff out of the room so they can clean it and stay around the property that day to get the most for my money." JERK. At that time, we didn't have a common bathroom so he'd have no where to go once his room was cleaned and we also had a refrigerator we stocked with local microbrews. Of course he wanted to stay around and drink for free, maybe sit in the hot tub, perhaps pee in my bushes.
A guest a couple months later who saw the review and my reply said to tell these people "Hey when the Red Sox are done, they make you get out of the park. When the Lion King is done, they make you leave the theatre. When 11am comes, we make you leave the inn." We all got a good laugh out of that one but I haven't yet quoted him to anyone … there's always tomorrow.

thumbs_up.gif
I thought I was doing a nice thing by putting a birthday candle in a muffin one morning. Quickly learned that I should let the muffin cool off first. LOL Poor thing was eating around the melted wax. Ooops
omg_smile.gif

Kay Nein said:
omg_smile.gif
LMAO!! Live and learn, right?

Well breakfast went off without a hitch. We served them fruit (not organic) and G F waffles with sautéed brown-sugar peaches on top. I don't have a G F waffle iron but I totally cleaned it before I made theirs and I couldn't use the non-stick spray because of the soy lecithin but luckily they didn't stick - she's not a true cel*iac so no issue with just cleaning waffle iron thoroughly. She purchased herself a mug for her birthday and they just drove off at 5 minutes before 11am to enjoy the day -- he beeped, waved and said God Bless as they left. My kids are back to school today, my housekeeper is here and I'm heading up for a nap.

Well breakfast went off without a hitch. We served them fruit (not organic) and G F waffles with sautéed brown-sugar peaches on top. I don't have a G F waffle iron but I totally cleaned it before I made theirs and I couldn't use the non-stick spray because of the soy lecithin but luckily they didn't stick - she's not a true cel*iac so no issue with just cleaning waffle iron thoroughly. She purchased herself a mug for her birthday and they just drove off at 5 minutes before 11am to enjoy the day -- he beeped, waved and said God Bless as they left. My kids are back to school today, my housekeeper is here and I'm heading up for a nap..
MtnKeeper said:
Well breakfast went off without a hitch. We served them fruit (not organic) and G F waffles with sautéed brown-sugar peaches on top. I don't have a G F waffle iron but I totally cleaned it before I made theirs and I couldn't use the non-stick spray because of the soy lecithin but luckily they didn't stick - she's not a true cel*iac so no issue with just cleaning waffle iron thoroughly. She purchased herself a mug for her birthday and they just drove off at 5 minutes before 11am to enjoy the day -- he beeped, waved and said God Bless as they left. My kids are back to school today, my housekeeper is here and I'm heading up for a nap.
You are obviously good at your job! I want to learn how to make suteed brown sugar peaches for pancakes. (And strawberry sauce and blueberry sauce.)

Back