Something new!

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is another new thing from today, you all may have this all the time, we don't.
a couple both put their cloth napkins on top of their dirty plates when finished. We NEVER have that happen, ever. It is always left on the table near the place setting. Sometimes on the floor from their lap when they get up, a few have left them hanging on the chairs, wherever.

Here is another new thing from today, you all may have this all the time, we don't.
a couple both put their cloth napkins on top of their dirty plates when finished. We NEVER have that happen, ever. It is always left on the table near the place setting. Sometimes on the floor from their lap when they get up, a few have left them hanging on the chairs, wherever..
Actually, I have seen that happen on occasion.Seems to me I read that somewhere like from Miss Manners??? but this one says NO
I think laying it to the side of the plate is most common if you are done.

a couple both put their cloth napkins on top of their dirty plates when finished. We NEVER have that happen, ever. It is always left on the table near the place setting. Sometimes on the floor from their lap when they get up, a few have left them hanging on the chairs, wherever..
Yeah, that's wrong and dang hard to get them clean. Please just leave them on the table next to the plate. And don't blow your nose into them! That's why there's a box of tissues on the sideboard.

Unfortunately I get both yours and Maddie's often. Mother Murphy takes care of the berry stains. The other, I just cringe & pick up ALL napkins from edges for that reason.

Jon's Quote of the Day.... "The chances a guest will leave their napkin in their plate is proportionately related to the chances you served something with a sauce or syrup."
It always happens when there is maple syrup or a chocolate sauce. People are disgusting at times!

Jon's Quote of the Day.... "The chances a guest will leave their napkin in their plate is proportionately related to the chances you served something with a sauce or syrup."
It always happens when there is maple syrup or a chocolate sauce. People are disgusting at times!
or berries

Yeah, that's wrong and dang hard to get them clean. Please just leave them on the table next to the plate. And don't blow your nose into them! That's why there's a box of tissues on the sideboard.
Madeleine said:
Oh...gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagrossssssssss! I've seen a nose wipe before, but never a blow. I would not be able to keep my face from making that "oh, you pig" face. Nope, couldn't do it.

Something new part 2
Twice something new in one day, wow
Checked them in and she said "Oh good there are towels, are there sheets on the bed too?"
angel_smile.gif

My face must have had the look, she then said "We didn't know if we had to bring our own".
I'm wondering if she actually brought her own or was unsure and then didn't bring her own. Either way... *smh*

Madeleine said:
Oh...gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagrossssssssss! I've seen a nose wipe before, but never a blow. I would not be able to keep my face from making that "oh, you pig" face. Nope, couldn't do it.
BananaE29 said:
Madeleine said:
I've had to walk away.

Madeleine said:
BananaE29 said:
Madeleine said:
I've had to walk away.
I can see where that would gross you out. There were advantages to being a nurse when I was an innkeeper...takes a lot to gross me out. ;-)

Madeleine said:
BananaE29 said:
Madeleine said:
I've had to walk away.
I can see where that would gross you out. There were advantages to being a nurse when I was an innkeeper...takes a lot to gross me out. ;-)
Samster said:
I bought pork chops the other day at the farmers market. The farmer handed me a photo album to show me the pigs in the field, happily enjoying their little blameless lives and I stopped her.
Asked her if she wanted to turn me into a vegetarian.
Told her I was one of those people who prefer to think their food comes from the grocery store.
I seriously got squeamish when she gave me the book.
Anyway, the pork chops were excellent but, no, I don't want to see them alive. That was gross.

Madeleine said:
BananaE29 said:
Madeleine said:
I've had to walk away.
Samster said:
I bought pork chops the other day at the farmers market. The farmer handed me a photo album to show me the pigs in the field, happily enjoying their little blameless lives and I stopped her.
Told her I was one of those people who prefer to think their food comes from the grocery store.
Anyway, the pork chops were excellent but, no, I don't want to see them alive. That was gross.
HA! That's the city girl coming out in you again.
wink_smile.gif

I have no problem seeing the animals, but I don't want to name them and consider them as pets and then eat them!

Must be the heat
Came home to a few off messages: We have 20 to 21 cheerleaders who need a place as the college is unable to house them,
and another: my uncle and his wife are here and use motorscooters and need ada accessible rooms, they are 20 minutes away so if you can call us asap!

Madeleine said:
BananaE29 said:
Madeleine said:
I've had to walk away.
Samster said:
Madeleine said:
That is bizarre. Who does this? I wouldn't want to see it either!

Madeleine said:
BananaE29 said:
Madeleine said:
I've had to walk away.
Samster said:
She probably had photos of the butchering process too I am thinking :-( Sorry TMI for me. Just sell me the meat too.
Last Thanksgiving I got a local turkey and all I could think of was all those overflowing turkey trucks going down our road on the way to market :-(

Must be the heat
Came home to a few off messages: We have 20 to 21 cheerleaders who need a place as the college is unable to house them,
and another: my uncle and his wife are here and use motorscooters and need ada accessible rooms, they are 20 minutes away so if you can call us asap!.
Joey Bloggs said:
Must be the heat
and another: my uncle and his wife are here and use motorscooters and need ada accessible rooms, they are 20 minutes away so if you can call us asap!
20 unsupervised college cheerleaders! Awesome!

Madeleine said:
BananaE29 said:
Madeleine said:
I've had to walk away.
Samster said:
Madeleine said:
BananaE29 said:
Madeleine said:
Haven't you seen the show where they need proof the chickens lived a good clean life before dying? Not the MONTY Python version but Portlandia. Here ya go!
"His name was Colin"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8SjkDq2ZwI

Madeleine said:
BananaE29 said:
Madeleine said:
I've had to walk away.
Samster said:
Madeleine said:
BananaE29 said:
Madeleine said:
Haven't you seen the show where they need proof the chickens lived a good clean life before dying? Not the MONTY Python version but Portlandia. Here ya go!
"His name was Colin"
She said they have a good, happy life and then one really bad day.

Madeleine said:
BananaE29 said:
Madeleine said:
I've had to walk away.
Samster said:
Madeleine said:
BananaE29 said:
Madeleine said:
"His name was Colin"
Madeleine said:
Yeah I bet, watch out for that bad day it'll kill ya!

Madeleine said:
BananaE29 said:
Madeleine said:
I've had to walk away.
Samster said:
HA! That's the city girl coming out in you again.
wink_smile.gif

I have no problem seeing the animals, but I don't want to name them and consider them as pets and then eat them!
For this farm girl it is all in the food chain. We had out favorites but it is facts of life on a farm.

Back