Stolen!

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is very strange. Could it be laying flat under other things in a cabinet where you can't easily see it? Do you have kitchen help that may have put it somewhere?.
I'm thinking maybe some guest used your kitchen when they weren't supposed to and put the cutting board away in a place that you wouldn't think of.
Breakfast Diva said:
I'm thinking maybe some guest used your kitchen when they weren't supposed to and put the cutting board away in a place that you wouldn't think of.
My thought as well...OTOH, I have been known to hide things from myself.
embaressed_smile.gif
Then swear there was no way I did it, but I did!
Copperhead said:
embaressed_smile.gif

Hahaha! I do this with food so I won't eat the whole bag/package/carton (if it's not perishable, of course). I find it weeks later and am so excited that I still have some nuts/chips/chocolate left! There are some benefits to losing your memory
regular_smile.gif

That is very strange. Could it be laying flat under other things in a cabinet where you can't easily see it? Do you have kitchen help that may have put it somewhere?.
Breakfast Diva said:
embaressed_smile.gif
Copperhead said:
embaressed_smile.gif

Hahaha! I do this with food so I won't eat the whole bag/package/carton (if it's not perishable, of course). I find it weeks later and am so excited that I still have some nuts/chips/chocolate left! There are some benefits to losing your memory
regular_smile.gif

BananaE29 said:
Copperhead said:
embaressed_smile.gif

regular_smile.gif
Money. I 'hide' it in purses, jackets, etc. Always fun!

I hope not. My sister is fearful of that. She said, how can you put your precious things out to be stolen? So far, so good..
We have had almost all of our personal collections on display going into our 9th year. Only one small item taken by a fifteen old kid. No big deal, until last month, was showing guests around and almost screamed in horror to see that one of our signed wall hanging artisan items that we bought thirty years ago had been lifted off the wall right in our foyer and Poof was gone! Luckily we have a second one of a similar design, but I felt so violated for days, hated walking through the foyer. Sort of can guess who might have done it...walkins off the street, who seemed annoyed that we wouldn't discount the room for CASH.
Anyway, there is a product called Museum Gel that I had used to secure many of our small collectables for years, but had run out. Ordered a whole new jar, and you betcha, many many more items have now been "glued" down. Great stuff, literally used in major museums like the Smithsonian. Also, prevents breakage.

Found!
Yes, someplace we would not have put it. Obviously. It was in with the serving trays we use for add ons.
And it was clean. But it went thru the wash anyway.

Found!
Yes, someplace we would not have put it. Obviously. It was in with the serving trays we use for add ons.
And it was clean. But it went thru the wash anyway..
Congrats (or do you prefer I say Mazel Tov? Felicitations?)

Found!
Jon Sable said:
All would be understood!

Found!
Happy you found it, but a someone helped themselves to your kitchen!!!

glad you found it ... thought it might be that someone used it and stashed it in a place that would not occur to you. hope they didn't remove anything else that you haven't noticed is missing. i had little cheese spreaders go missing that i rarely used. didn't notice that for a long time as they were my personal things i rarely used. finally found them in the back of the linen closet of all places - chambermaid said she found them in a guest room and stuck them in there. why - i don't know.
confused_smile.gif

Oh, you KNOW it'll turn up. Things like that always do. Just watch....
Arks said:
Oh, you KNOW it'll turn up. Things like that always do. Just watch...
Such a smart boy.
Arks said:
Arks said:
Such a smart boy.
Such a sassy boy. :)
"It will turn up" I say the same to DW and she gets annoyed; I am right 99% of time.
Is hating to not know where something is right this minute a "girl" thing?

Arks said:
Such a smart boy.
Arks said:
Arks said:
Such a smart boy.
"It will turn up" I say the same to DW and she gets annoyed; I am right 99% of time.
I think most of us ladies pride ourselves on being organized and on top of things. So if something goes missing, I feel lost and/or defeated until it shows up. Because our minds are capable of holding and processing multiple pieces of information at one time, that thing will be forever floating around on the surface of my mind until it becomes "fixed".

Arks said:
Such a smart boy.
Arks said:
Arks said:
Such a smart boy.
Tom said:
No. Dh obsesses if a single mug is missing after the dishes are done. He'll stalk around the house looking for a missing hammer.
I thought it was a guy thing.

Arks said:
Such a smart boy.
Arks said:
Arks said:
Such a smart boy.
An old boyfriend told me I was a pilot. Then I discovered I had mentally misspelled it - he said pile it, any flat surface will do. I usually know which pile things are in - unless they get moved. I am the one tasked with being required to know where everything is.

Found!
Someone swiped a hair dryer. No doubt about it. To tell you the truth, I think it might have been the person checking in who couldn't find the hairdryer. It's a great way to throw the blame onto the last guest. I have looked high and low and in every conceivable nook and cranny. Luckily we had a spare stored in the barn. That is a first in 25 years so we aren't doing too badly!

Arks said:
Such a smart boy.
Arks said:
Arks said:
Such a smart boy.
Tom said:
No. Dh obsesses if a single mug is missing after the dishes are done. He'll stalk around the house looking for a missing hammer.
Madeleine said:
Tom said:
That's so funny! Mine does too! He always thinks someone has taken something and it's little things like a spoon, a mug, wine. Then of course we find it.

Arks said:
Such a smart boy.
Arks said:
Arks said:
Such a smart boy.
An old boyfriend told me I was a pilot. Then I discovered I had mentally misspelled it - he said pile it, any flat surface will do. I usually know which pile things are in - unless they get moved. I am the one tasked with being required to know where everything is.
I can relate to that! Flat bare surfaces are seldom found in my office and personal living space. It doesn't help that DH does it too (but thinks he doesn't)

Found!
Someone swiped a hair dryer. No doubt about it. To tell you the truth, I think it might have been the person checking in who couldn't find the hairdryer. It's a great way to throw the blame onto the last guest. I have looked high and low and in every conceivable nook and cranny. Luckily we had a spare stored in the barn. That is a first in 25 years so we aren't doing too badly!
Haven't had one go, yet... but I added ones in the bathroom that are bolted to the wall...

Found!
I thought a hair dryer had grown legs - but thought it had gotten mixed with packing up because it was after MY KIDS left. Went out and bought another since they are not that expensive. A few months later I found it - on the shelf in the room where it had always been, just fell behind the stack of extra towels!

Back