TA's latest Mobile App for iPhone Marginalizes B&Bs

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I do believe even if they get this fixed I will be negotiating my contract for next year. I might agree to sign up but that I can cancel at anytime I would like without being charged. I can see for the first year. But not after that. If they want me to keep going than somethings will need to change. I would suggest all of you try and do the same thing..
Hillbilly said:
I do believe even if they get this fixed I will be negotiating my contract for next year. I might agree to sign up but that I can cancel at anytime I would like without being charged. I can see for the first year. But not after that. If they want me to keep going than somethings will need to change. I would suggest all of you try and do the same thing.
Let us know how that works. I negotiated a non-auto-renew and my contract states explicit that it will auto renew. The people on the phone lie. But I used an expiring credit card.
You can call your card in as compromised on the Internet... or you can just compromise it yourself on the Internet (and post it on a reply to an Amazon review.... Or just say you fell for a phishing scam and gave them your card number. They will give you a completely new card number.
We sent three different warnings to TA that we weren't renewing. We warned them each time that it was the 2nd and 3rd notice. They didn't process. But since you give them the notice, if they do renew, just dispute it. It will cost them $25 and you just send a copy of the email with date and time showing your best efforts to tell them to NOT renew.
Generic said:
They will give you a completely new card number.
That's what I've had fail. I had a completely new number, new expire date, new 3-digit security code on the back and have STILL had autorenews go through for that account. Very frustrating. Big companies have resources we just cannot beat.

UPDATE: Received this email today, which indicates TA is going to fix the problem:
"I was able to speak with some of the different teams here at TripAdvisor, and apparently they are already in the works of making major changes to the mobile app.

"The takeaway is that changes will be implemented in the next few weeks to make B&Bs/Inns much easier to find with the new mobile search experience. We hope this helps both you and our billions of travelers!

UPDATE: Received this email today, which indicates TA is going to fix the problem:
"I was able to speak with some of the different teams here at TripAdvisor, and apparently they are already in the works of making major changes to the mobile app.

"The takeaway is that changes will be implemented in the next few weeks to make B&Bs/Inns much easier to find with the new mobile search experience. We hope this helps both you and our billions of travelers!.
Thank you Phin.

"The takeaway is that changes will be implemented in the next few weeks to make B&Bs/Inns much easier to find with the new mobile search experience. We hope this helps both you and our billions of travelers!.
awesome! high five!

I hope they do fix it. They already treat B&B's like step-children. I've noticed, too that they changed the desktop format. I used to be able to see recently reviewed properties on the right of my display. No longer.

YEah Phin! The power of You Tube:) and you!

So, did they offer a rebate since the value of their advertising is reduce until they fix it?

thumbs_up.gif

This is how awesome you and your video are... received this email this AM from our State Tourism Office with a link to your video:
We were alerted by a couple of our members to an issue with some recent changes to the TripAdvisor mobile app and we need your help. When searching for a B&B on the TripAdvisor mobile app it is very difficult to find anything other than hotels. See this video provided by the folks at AIHP. We are asking our B&B members to reach out to their TripAdvisor representative and ask them to consider making the following changes:
Include Bed & Breakfasts and Inns in the initial Hotel search in order of geographical proximity.
Make the Bed & Breakfast filter easier to find on the website and app;
Include Bed & Breakfasts and Inns in the "general" default search and the "near me" default search.
Thank you for your help with this.
Kudos Phinn!! (and the couple of anonymous others)

This is how awesome you and your video are... received this email this AM from our State Tourism Office with a link to your video:
We were alerted by a couple of our members to an issue with some recent changes to the TripAdvisor mobile app and we need your help. When searching for a B&B on the TripAdvisor mobile app it is very difficult to find anything other than hotels. See this video provided by the folks at AIHP. We are asking our B&B members to reach out to their TripAdvisor representative and ask them to consider making the following changes:
Include Bed & Breakfasts and Inns in the initial Hotel search in order of geographical proximity.
Make the Bed & Breakfast filter easier to find on the website and app;
Include Bed & Breakfasts and Inns in the "general" default search and the "near me" default search.
Thank you for your help with this.
Kudos Phinn!! (and the couple of anonymous others)
I love it! You've gone the B&B equivalent of viral!

Wondering what is the latest on this…. Since now my laptop only shows hotels as well…. Yes, so does our house cellphone (not iPhone…..)
Edited: I found where B&Bs were but yours wasn't in with them. I only found it by search for it by name…. and there it was #1 in B&Bs in yourtown.

To date, the problem has not been fixed on the mobile app as far as I can see.

Back