The Countdown Starts...

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
FIVE!!!!
thumbs_up.gif
Breakfast Diva said:
Well, JB and Arks are in on it, should we worry?!?
Well, it will be the end of the month.
teeth_smile.gif

FIVE!!!!
thumbs_up.gif
Breakfast Diva said:
Duff2014 said:
Breakfast Diva said:
In on what?
I am helping count down...what is it FOUR!
JBloggs said:
In on what?
No, I moved it back to six because the curiosity is getting to Duff so much ;-)

FIVE!!!!
thumbs_up.gif
Breakfast Diva said:
Duff2014 said:
Breakfast Diva said:
In on what?
JBloggs said:
In on what?
Arks said:
JBloggs said:
In on what?
[h2]
NNNNNOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/h2]
Though it makes me feel a little better that the great JBloggs doesn't know either….
shades_smile.gif

quietly fuming as I seem to be left out of the cool kids club.
angry_smile.gif
seashanty said:
angry_smile.gif
Awww...don't feel left out SS, there's only 2 innmates in the know.
Breakfast Diva said:
seashanty said:
angry_smile.gif
Awww...don't feel left out SS, there's only 2 innmates in the know.
Well, are you counted in on the two? That's makes Arks and BD. But if not, there's another guilty party….

Well, the two suspects we know already both have Oct 1 blocked completely, but not the day after….which means its only an one day event if its an innmate meet-up. But Arks is completely booked prior while BD is not, which throws the suspection that its Arks that is traveling. This is in complete denial of his prior statement that he will be staying close to home this coming year due to fixing up his other building. But we all know that he loves to brag about how he can run his place from anywhere in the world, so why not at BD's inn?
Now Arks is throwing a curve claiming to have moved it back to six again which BD shows to be completely empty but Arks is completely blocked off. So we await the next clue….

[h2]
ONE - IT'S THE BIG REVEAL[/h2]
I decided to reveal on day 1 instead of tomorrow, the first actual day. The reason for revealing it today is JBs post today about taking care of ourselves. What perfect timing, JB, how did you know?
countdown_0.JPG

As of tomorrow, we will be on a 7 month long break/vacation/rejuvenation. After 16 years of innkeeping, we've hired someone to take care of our baby until May, 2017. It's a local I've been training and tomorrow she will move into the innkeepers house and perform her first wedding ceremony with a full house! I won't be working, but I'll be here to supervise.
We have reached a point where our bodies and minds need a break. Especially after adding our weddings/elopements 3 years ago, our business fortunately has reached a point we never thought possible, but we are exhausted. It's time to take care of us. We'll be back to do the busiest months since there's no way a single person can handle it and if all goes well and our assistant wants to continue, we will try to do this every year. It's our first step into semi-retirement.
We won't be homeless, we have a place to go to, but we will also take advantage of the time off to do some extensive traveling.

Wow! Good Luck! I hope this is all you hope for. :) Send the temp in here to talk to us!

[h2]
I decided to reveal on day 1 instead of tomorrow, the first actual day. The reason for revealing it today is JBs post today about taking care of ourselves. What perfect timing, JB, how did you know?
countdown_0.JPG

As of tomorrow, we will be on a 7 month long break/vacation/rejuvenation. After 16 years of innkeeping, we've hired someone to take care of our baby until May, 2017. It's a local I've been training and tomorrow she will move into the innkeepers house and perform her first wedding ceremony with a full house! I won't be working, but I'll be here to supervise.
We have reached a point where our bodies and minds need a break. Especially after adding our weddings/elopements 3 years ago, our business fortunately has reached a point we never thought possible, but we are exhausted. It's time to take care of us. We'll be back to do the busiest months since there's no way a single person can handle it and if all goes well and our assistant wants to continue, we will try to do this every year. It's our first step into semi-retirement.
We won't be homeless, we have a place to go to, but we will also take advantage of the time off to do some extensive traveling..
Wonderful news. Enjoy your winter off!

[h2]
countdown_0.JPG

We won't be homeless, we have a place to go to, but we will also take advantage of the time off to do some extensive traveling..
Congrats. Wish I could take that much time off. Heck, at the moment, a day would be nice :)

[h2]
countdown_0.JPG

Congrats enjoy

Back