The gauntlet is thrown

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Joey Bloggs said:
One great reason to blog is that someone may find your information and publish it on their site...
Hmmm. I'm wanting to make this a regular page on my website. But it wouldn't make much of a blog entry to just blog a link to that "regular page".
Maybe on the blog just put the first image in the slideshow, and when they click it, it takes them to the regular page with the real slideshow.
It would be hard to post the whole thing on both the regular site and the blog because my blog entries are 450 pixels wide and my regular pages are 990 pixels wide (blog has a special sidebar the regular pages don't have). So it would actually need 2 separate slide shows, each with its own images sized for the page.
This ain't easy, JB!.
Arks please don't overthink, have some fun with it. If you want to go back later and connect the dots, then do it, but have fun.

Joey Bloggs said:
One great reason to blog is that someone may find your information and publish it on their site...
Hmmm. I'm wanting to make this a regular page on my website. But it wouldn't make much of a blog entry to just blog a link to that "regular page".
Maybe on the blog just put the first image in the slideshow, and when they click it, it takes them to the regular page with the real slideshow.
It would be hard to post the whole thing on both the regular site and the blog because my blog entries are 450 pixels wide and my regular pages are 990 pixels wide (blog has a special sidebar the regular pages don't have). So it would actually need 2 separate slide shows, each with its own images sized for the page.
This ain't easy, JB!.
Arks please don't overthink, have some fun with it. If you want to go back later and connect the dots, then do it, but have fun.
Joey Bloggs said:
I don't do anything unless it's fun! ;-)

My baby is here with wife & their her kids (dogs) on the way to Finland. We will be "babysitting for 3 days while they go to DC. Then back to pick them up, pack up, and head out for PA.They will visit friends in Philly while they get the well-dog certificates (no more than 5 days before depart) and then to NYC for take-off. Am working on my list in the meantime.

Got my own "top 10 attractions" slideshow posted this morning. I made it a permanent page on the website, accessible under Attractions on my top menu, then made a blog post that shows an image of the first few slides cascaded over each other, with a link to the slideshow page.
I got some input from others before posting it and that helped a lot. Still not perfect, not as good as our really great promoters here could do, but I'm happy with it!
Thanks for the idea, JB, and for the push to actually get it done!

Got my own "top 10 attractions" slideshow posted this morning. I made it a permanent page on the website, accessible under Attractions on my top menu, then made a blog post that shows an image of the first few slides cascaded over each other, with a link to the slideshow page.
I got some input from others before posting it and that helped a lot. Still not perfect, not as good as our really great promoters here could do, but I'm happy with it!
Thanks for the idea, JB, and for the push to actually get it done!.
Love the idea of the slideshow on the website! Am starting it now. Got my list made up, have pix to put on a slider, I'm off!

Thanks for the idea, JB, and for the push to actually get it done!.
Love the idea of the slideshow on the website! Am starting it now. Got my list made up, have pix to put on a slider, I'm off!
Sigh!

Mine are all within this county. Our town (the only real town in the county) is right in the center of the county.

Done! Didn't think I ever would be. I did a slideshow (good idea arks!) and 14 things to do/see/try plus a bonus.

Great slideshow, and you have such great stuff to offer!
The one that's just initials...will everybody know what that means? I didn't, till I googled. (Yes, everybody who sees the slideshow won't take time to read the text below the slideshow.)
Great job!

The one that's just initials...will everybody know what that means? I didn't, till I googled. (Yes, everybody who sees the slideshow won't take time to read the text below the slideshow.)
Great job!.
First one I did. I didn't realize the name would show up. I'll fix it tomorrow. No, I wouldn't expect anyone to know but it is in the text below that no one will read!

Great job!.
Just noticed some of the links are underlined and some aren't. It's never easy, is it?!

Great job!.
Just noticed some of the links are underlined and some aren't. It's never easy, is it?!
Madeleine said:
I spent HOURS fiddling with mine, and didn't even pursue JB's last couple of suggestions! No, not as easy as one would think.

Great job!.
Madeleine said:
I spent HOURS fiddling with mine, and didn't even pursue JB's last couple of suggestions! No, not as easy as one would think.
I tried to attach a link to every photo to go to the blog post but that didn't work. Have to go back to see what I did wrong.
As I see quite frequently on some sites: Done but with errors on page.

Great job!.
Madeleine said:
Arks said:
Madeleine said:
I made the same suggestion to Maddie. If it is recreation toss some verbs in there, if it is scenic some adjectives.
Once you think about it Arks you will go back and do this, it makes all the difference in the world.

Great job!.
Madeleine said:
I tried to attach a link to every photo to go to the blog post but that didn't work. Have to go back to see what I did wrong.
Madeleine said:
It is amazing! Well done.

[h2]
Anyone else, the deadline is May 31st...there is still time. Do a blog, do a slideshow, do a bullet list with just one photos, whatever you fancy!
thumbs_up.gif
[/h2]

Great job!.
Madeleine said:
Why didn't you create a slideshow ON THE PAGE rather than in the header. Do you think people will wait long enough for those to all load? For me, I just started scrolling down the page. Didn't know the slide show would be in the header.

Back