The gauntlet is thrown

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great slideshow, and you have such great stuff to offer!
The one that's just initials...will everybody know what that means? I didn't, till I googled. (Yes, everybody who sees the slideshow won't take time to read the text below the slideshow.)
Great job!.
Just noticed some of the links are underlined and some aren't. It's never easy, is it?!
Madeleine said:
Just noticed some of the links are underlined and some aren't. It's never easy, is it?!
I spent HOURS fiddling with mine, and didn't even pursue JB's last couple of suggestions! No, not as easy as one would think.
I tried to attach a link to every photo to go to the blog post but that didn't work. Have to go back to see what I did wrong.
As I see quite frequently on some sites: Done but with errors on page.
Why didn't you create a slideshow ON THE PAGE rather than in the header. Do you think people will wait long enough for those to all load? For me, I just started scrolling down the page. Didn't know the slide show would be in the header.
Don't know how to put a slide show in the page? That's my best answer right now!

The one that's just initials...will everybody know what that means? I didn't, till I googled. (Yes, everybody who sees the slideshow won't take time to read the text below the slideshow.)
Great job!.
Madeleine said:
I spent HOURS fiddling with mine, and didn't even pursue JB's last couple of suggestions! No, not as easy as one would think.
I tried to attach a link to every photo to go to the blog post but that didn't work. Have to go back to see what I did wrong.
Why didn't you create a slideshow ON THE PAGE rather than in the header. Do you think people will wait long enough for those to all load? For me, I just started scrolling down the page. Didn't know the slide show would be in the header.
Don't know how to put a slide show in the page? That's my best answer right now!
It's very easy. Want me to set it up and then you just add the pics? I'll send you instructions.
El

Great job!.
Madeleine said:
It's very easy. Want me to set it up and then you just add the pics? I'll send you instructions.
El
I'll set it up, just send directions!

I have 13 and have started posting them on my blog page on my web site. http://www.gillumhouse.com/blog/ #13 was posted yesterday. Today I combined #11 & 12 as one post. #10 will post tomorrow and #9 Thursday. I hope this is a good way to do it.

I have 13 and have started posting them on my blog page on my web site. http://www.gillumhouse.com/blog/ #13 was posted yesterday. Today I combined #11 & 12 as one post. #10 will post tomorrow and #9 Thursday. I hope this is a good way to do it..
Thanks, you will get the most bang for your buck this way, and I will link back to your blog! Looks great.
Last night when I posted several of them, I did a preface before getting to the reason. With the mine disasters I included the fact that the last man out alive from Farmington #9 sat next to me in the Shinnston Community Band until he died of cancer a few years ago and he left his prized tuba to the Community Band. Do you think this is good or bad.

Done! Didn't think I ever would be. I did a slideshow (good idea arks!) and 14 things to do/see/try plus a bonus..
Madeleine said:
Done! Didn't think I ever would be. I did a slideshow (good idea arks!) and 14 things to do/see/try plus a bonus.
Maddie, that is fabulous! Well done!

100% free marketing. I hope those who participated find some interest from media, tourism or heads in beds. Well done everyone!
[h3]
"We Have the Top Reasons to Visit Us!" http://innteractiveinns.blogspot.com/2014/06/we-have-top-reasons-to-visit-us.html[/h3]
*I changed the title as you see the "14 reasons to visit in 2014" was not followed, that herding cats thing again! But that is okay, I can roll with the punches y'all! Getting kinda tipsy doing it! haha
thumbs_up.gif

100% free marketing. I hope those who participated find some interest from media, tourism or heads in beds. Well done everyone!
[h3]
"We Have the Top Reasons to Visit Us!" http://innteractiveinns.blogspot.com/2014/06/we-have-top-reasons-to-visit-us.html[/h3]
*I changed the title as you see the "14 reasons to visit in 2014" was not followed, that herding cats thing again! But that is okay, I can roll with the punches y'all! Getting kinda tipsy doing it! haha
thumbs_up.gif
Just posted #4 with #3 & #2 scheduled for one each in the next 2 days and will get #1 when we return from errands.. Woohoo!

Hmmm. You KNOW I'm dense, J.B. I just now got the connection between 14 things and the year being 2014! But I'm still happy with things. If I had done 14 top things, a couple of them would have to be the McDonald's drive through (we have TWO lanes now!) and the Walmart Supercenter!
Thanks for offering this for us!

Hmmm. You KNOW I'm dense, J.B. I just now got the connection between 14 things and the year being 2014! But I'm still happy with things. If I had done 14 top things, a couple of them would have to be the McDonald's drive through (we have TWO lanes now!) and the Walmart Supercenter!
Thanks for offering this for us!.
Arks said:
Get out of here!
I thought you were just being obstinate. You are allowed moments of each, just don't let them become habit forming.
shades_smile.gif

Next year I will expect 15 things to do.
PS Saying J.B. with periods is like a mother calling her son by their full name. gulp.
regular_smile.gif

Thanks for offering this for us!.
Arks said:
Get out of here!
I thought you were just being obstinate. You are allowed moments of each, just don't let them become habit forming.
shades_smile.gif

Next year I will expect 15 things to do.
PS Saying J.B. with periods is like a mother calling her son by their full name. gulp.
regular_smile.gif

I also want to give thanks. You do so much to help all of us market. This is one grateful innkeeper.

Back