The Interview

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Success! "Is this a family home?" was the second question, mixed right in with my spiel. I think I was on "Help yourself to maps & brochures" when it came flying out of their mouth. I mean, really? Obviously not listening to me or they wouldn't have asked that question. So my response was "This is an investment property for me" (I couldn't remember the exact words to use!), then I went right back to what I was saying.

I got back to my speech and "Do you live here?" came next. I realize that's not really a personal question - some people do care that the owner lives on site. So I answered "Yes, we do, but the best way to reach us is by cell phone. I'll give you that number in just a moment." I think I came across personable, but more business like than I usually do. I also showed more of an interest in them and why they were visiting here, and asked more questions than I normally would.

So.....Avoid, Deflect, and Reflect (it back to them) is my new motto. I'm anxious to practice it more and get even better! LOL.
BananaE29 said:
So.....Avoid, Deflect, and Reflect (it back to them) is my new motto. I'm anxious to practice it more and get even better! LOL
After all this discussion guests checked in walked into the room talking and sat down. One on the sofa and one of the bed and kept talking! I am my own worst enemy. I had to laugh (inside) as they held me captive AND I was still outside the door trying to put this into action!
I actually felt guilty trying to escape them. They are really nice people and were being friendly.
So all that say, do what you have to do when you feel the way you feel. I walked back down the stairs shaking my head saying "So much for that!" and laughing. Now I know what their son does, how their dog died and more!
Thanks a lot for the deflect advice innmates!
shades_smile.gif

Joey Bloggs said:
So all that say, do what you have to do when you feel the way you feel. I walked back down the stairs shaking my head saying "So much for that!" and laughing. Now I know what their son does, how their dog died and more!
shades_smile.gif
Hahahaha! I can see this happening very easily. But I find it much easier to excuse myself from a rambler than being rude and just not answering a questions.

Success! "Is this a family home?" was the second question, mixed right in with my spiel. I think I was on "Help yourself to maps & brochures" when it came flying out of their mouth. I mean, really? Obviously not listening to me or they wouldn't have asked that question. So my response was "This is an investment property for me" (I couldn't remember the exact words to use!), then I went right back to what I was saying.

I got back to my speech and "Do you live here?" came next. I realize that's not really a personal question - some people do care that the owner lives on site. So I answered "Yes, we do, but the best way to reach us is by cell phone. I'll give you that number in just a moment." I think I came across personable, but more business like than I usually do. I also showed more of an interest in them and why they were visiting here, and asked more questions than I normally would.

So.....Avoid, Deflect, and Reflect (it back to them) is my new motto. I'm anxious to practice it more and get even better! LOL.
BananaE29 said:
So.....Avoid, Deflect, and Reflect (it back to them) is my new motto. I'm anxious to practice it more and get even better! LOL
After all this discussion guests checked in walked into the room talking and sat down. One on the sofa and one of the bed and kept talking! I am my own worst enemy. I had to laugh (inside) as they held me captive AND I was still outside the door trying to put this into action!
I actually felt guilty trying to escape them. They are really nice people and were being friendly.
shades_smile.gif

Joey Bloggs said:
shades_smile.gif
Hahahaha! I can see this happening very easily. But I find it much easier to excuse myself from a rambler than being rude and just not answering a questions.
BananaE29 said:
Joey Bloggs said:
shades_smile.gif
You would be shocked at check out they actually asked to peek into our quarters. Yes, true. I don't think there was anything other than curiosity, but you know the saying, and the dead cat.

BananaE29 said:
shades_smile.gif

Joey Bloggs said:
shades_smile.gif
BananaE29 said:
Joey Bloggs said:
shades_smile.gif
You would be shocked at check out they actually asked to peek into our quarters. Yes, true. I don't think there was anything other than curiosity, but you know the saying, and the dead cat.
Joey Bloggs said:
BananaE29 said:
Joey Bloggs said:
shades_smile.gif
I once caught someone coming down the stairs from our quarters. He said his code wouldn't work on that door. I said right, that area is private (as it says on the door) our private area. And his reply - I just wanted to take a peek!
omg_smile.gif

Back