We Eloped!

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yes the story continues...
LETTER TO THE EDITOR
ROCKY MOUNT YOU DID IT AGAIN!
We had guests here at the Claiborne House Bed-and-Breakfast getting married. After an elegant elopement ceremony at the Claiborne House, they took beautiful wedding photos and had cake and a toast on the porch.
Then they proclaimed a change of plans, instead of the fine dining meal they had anticipated, they just wanted pizza! I recommended they go around the block or cut through High Street Cemetery and go to Hema’s Italian Restaurant for some great pizza.
At Hema’s they were treated so kindly, the owners brought over a special dessert and sent them home with extra goodies in their doggy bag. At check-out the next morning here at the Inn they told me about all of this, about all of you and what you did for them and it brought a little tear to my eye. They had never experienced small town southern hospitality before, and you knocked their socks off!
Thank you to the person or couple who paid their tab, you will always be a special part of their memories made here by this happy newlywed couple from Norfolk Virginia.
Rocky Mount you did it again, and I could never be so proud!
JB at the Claiborne House B&B.
You could not have planned that....what a perfect ending to a perfect day!
thumbs_up.gif

It is hard to believe a full week has passed since this elopement. I am now able to share photos of their faces, and although I don't want faces as such in our marketing I do want you to see what I saw, the look on the groom's face here, you will understand what a blessing this first elopement was to DH and I.
He is seeing her for the first time and she is pinning the boutonniere on him here..
Oh....WOW! I can understand not wanting too much of your marketing with faces, but this one...THIS ONE...oh, it should be included. That is an amazing look.
I wonder if he has a brother? :)

We had our third elopement. Each one is amazing and so full of love and joy (it is the icing on the cake). I am not sharing their photos "out there" yet, so here are a couple for your eyes only (not of their faces etc), but general elopement happy photos...they look young in these pix but are in the middle 30's *fyi.
Weigl%20Fam_Bob%20Sue%20and%20Drew_Elope%20Virginia.jpg

Officiant_Elope%20Virginia.jpg

Winner_Elope%20Virginia.jpg

It is hard to believe a full week has passed since this elopement. I am now able to share photos of their faces, and although I don't want faces as such in our marketing I do want you to see what I saw, the look on the groom's face here, you will understand what a blessing this first elopement was to DH and I.
He is seeing her for the first time and she is pinning the boutonniere on him here..
Joey Bloggs said:
He is seeing her for the first time and she is pinning the boutonniere on him here.
That photo made me tear up.
<3

We had our third elopement. Each one is amazing and so full of love and joy (it is the icing on the cake). I am not sharing their photos "out there" yet, so here are a couple for your eyes only (not of their faces etc), but general elopement happy photos...they look young in these pix but are in the middle 30's *fyi.

wow!!!!!! . you blew me away with your photos. GREAT ! Job well done.
I am sorry but have no idea who they are. Or who the others are either. Guess you all must know them in your neck of the woods. Either way I would over the years cherish pictures like that.

I am sorry but have no idea who they are. Or who the others are either. Guess you all must know them in your neck of the woods. Either way I would over the years cherish pictures like that.
Flower said:
Hm?
No they are not anyone famous, just giving them privacy by not showing their special day before they share it with family and friends. They are still here, I went to fresh their room and heard laughter... I left the towels outside the door.
This morning they were having coffee and making grand plans for the rest of their lives together. it was pretty neat.

This is what I want people to know, this is from a photog who works at a B&B in Texas, and comes highly recommended. The photos are so important.
Camera%20phone%20vs%20dslr.jpg

another one today...he began by bending a knee and sharing a personal vow and got everybody all teared up. Their three sons were here for it, one walked Mom down the path. It was really neat.
Happy%20couple%20800Elope%20Virginia%20Claiborne%20House.jpg

another one today...he began by bending a knee and sharing a personal vow and got everybody all teared up. Their three sons were here for it, one walked Mom down the path. It was really neat.
Joey Bloggs said:
Glad it's really going great! Your hard work and planning pay off.
That's a bunch of folks for an elopement. Any additional rooms rented from this?

What a great job you're doing! Doesn't doing these just put a new spring in your step?

I'd say you have a new, growing niche for your B+B. Your energy, expertise, location and attention to detail make you the PERFECT host for elopements!!! Congratulations!

Joey Bloggs said:
That's a bunch of folks for an elopement. Any additional rooms rented from this?
Arks said:
Joey Bloggs said:
Nope. The three sons were here, one was a surprise, then they left after and all went out to dinner together.
We did have a dog in another room this morning, pretty easy to spot when the guy takes him out to drop his #2 outside the kitchen window while I am cooking. We also had one no-show last night, we were full and people wanted rooms, and then this one no=showed but I did already charge their card. I was up at 2am every 15 minutes unable to sleep til my 6am wakeup this morning when I took the note off the front door.

What a great job you're doing! Doesn't doing these just put a new spring in your step?.
Breakfast Diva said:
What a great job you're doing! Doesn't doing these just put a new spring in your step?
Yes, I am loving the happiness factor.
The B&B has lost the happiness factor, as mentioned a no-show and a dog in the room this morning, so the spring is there!
It is stressful being the photographer, and having to direct the whole thing, as I want to make sure I get great photos they will cherish forever. And I need to ice my arm afterward if they added on an hour of photography. But it is my own pocket change for that, so it is nice.

What a great job you're doing! Doesn't doing these just put a new spring in your step?.
Breakfast Diva said:
The B&B has lost the happiness factor, as mentioned a no-show and a dog in the room this morning, so the spring is there!
It is stressful being the photographer, and having to direct the whole thing, as I want to make sure I get great photos they will cherish forever. And I need to ice my arm afterward if they added on an hour of photography. But it is my own pocket change for that, so it is nice.
Photography is also your THING!!! This wedding niche should bring you lots of success. Put a portfolio together and you may have yourself another career :) Beautiful!

Breakfast Diva said:
That is why I video the ceremony and do photos before and after. Our next one is June 10. I think the article I got in the Charleston paper diffused things when it ptrinted a list of of a dozen others that are supposed to be doing elopements.

with all the other photos being here, I wanted to add one of mine. This is the Thursday couple (he goes by Van not John) Van & Becki at my house after the ceremony.
EsizeAtGillumHouse.JPG

Back