We Eloped!

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm so happy that these elopements are putting some much-appreciated extra cash in innkeepers pockets, and I think you're enjoying doing it, too. A nice diversion from years of innkeeping (not that innkeeping isn't something new every day, too)!

with all the other photos being here, I wanted to add one of mine. This is the Thursday couple (he goes by Van not John) Van & Becki at my house after the ceremony.
EsizeAtGillumHouse.JPG
gillumhouse said:
with all the other photos being here, I wanted to add one of mine. This is the Thursday couple (he goes by Van not John) Van & Becki at my house after the ceremony.
EsizeAtGillumHouse.JPG
Love those Catawba Rhodies!
K if you want any photos for future marketing, send them to me in a large file size, if you have their permission to use them.

EsizeAtGillumHouse.JPG
gillumhouse said:
EsizeAtGillumHouse.JPG
Love those Catawba Rhodies!
K if you want any photos for future marketing, send them to me in a large file size, if you have their permission to use them.
Thank you. I never publish, even here, without permission. That would br great and appreciated. Have another June 10 (IT was supposed to be next until this one called).

Love it..but I would like to see it in original colors. I want bright and brilliant. Though this is another alternative that is cool too.
EmptyNest said:
Love it..but I would like to see it in original colors. I want bright and brilliant. Though this is another alternative that is cool too.
You may be in the minority. Most of the brides don't want bright and colorful. I like bright and colorful, as you know, I love it!
Here is an example I made last night. I let them do whatever they want to do with the photos. I edit a few for them, and give them the tools to use. So yes whatever you prefer you can do.
sample_use%20picmonkey%20online%20to%20edit%20photos.jpg

EmptyNest said:
You may be in the minority. Most of the brides don't want bright and colorful. I like bright and colorful, as you know, I love it!
Here is an example I made last night. I let them do whatever they want to do with the photos. I edit a few for them, and give them the tools to use. So yes whatever you prefer you can do.

Well in this example I have to say the after is better. I guess it just depends on the look you are after. :)

EmptyNest said:

Well in this example I have to say the after is better. I guess it just depends on the look you are after. :)
EmptyNest said:
Yep!
Agreed. I love vibrant colors, I am all over wanting the photos to be bold and brilliant, but it depends on their apparel and looks as well.
She wore braces, in her mid 40's so that was a major challenge for photos. Major. When she tried to hide them it was worse than when they showed, imo. Our faces change, so covering them up at 45 is a lot diff to 13 or 14. I wont' post any of those, but trust me. I have a few of her pulling his billy goat!

EsizeAtGillumHouse.JPG
gillumhouse said:
EsizeAtGillumHouse.JPG
I friggin' LOVE her dress.

I am not the photographer JB is but thankfully everyone has been OK with what I have taken so far. Here is today's couple.
wedatfireplace-gillumhouse.JPG

I am not the photographer JB is but thankfully everyone has been OK with what I have taken so far. Here is today's couple.
wedatfireplace-gillumhouse.JPG
Very sweet!
I love that we're getting couples of all ages, dressed up & dressed down. I even get them barefoot.

I just heard a great story on planned elopements on National Public Radio, about the value of having someone handle details like flowers and the cake, so you have a memorable, but simple and stress-free wedding. (The audio report will be available at approx. noon, eastern time, today, but you can read the text of the report now.)

Back